Cut It Out

Nobody Can Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday couldn’t arrive quick enough. Usually, the first day of the week failed to strike a chord of happiness in the heart. After the weekend, however, Taeyeon felt relieved to go back to work. Because it meant that she finally could focus her restless consciousness.  

Easier said than done, though. Memories of Saturday night wouldn’t stop running through her mind. Several times over, it had Taeyeon snap awake from her daydreaming. Often in the middle of a chore or task, such as when she accidentally printed close to 40 copies when she only needed a fourth of it.  

Her behavior was turning into such a drag that when lunch arrived, Taeyeon rushed to leave the office. As if she could breathe for the first time, she paused in front of the building and inhaled deeply with closed eyes. It helped. Briefly, at least.  

Not long after she had bought herself a mug of herbal tea following a brisk meal, heading to a store nearby, her bag vibrated. The feeling made her to stumble and drop the cup on the ground. She whipped out her phone and looked at the display.  

It was only a mail from the office, informing of a sudden meeting that was important for the department to attend.  

Taeyeon sighed loudly towards heaven. Could she get a break? She acted irrational. Of all people, why did she think it would be from Jiyong? He didn’t have a reason to contact her. It was as though she wanted to hear from him.  

God, she wasn’t supposed to linge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter