Player

Nobody Can Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently, sleep was the best remedy. The next day went a lot better. Right after her bath, Taeyeon had gone to bed and passed out until morning. Looking at the clock when the sun woke her up, she realized that she had slept for 10 hours straight. It left her body and spirit refreshed and well rested, which had to be the first time in a long while.  

When she arrived to work, her steps were lighter and more relaxed than during the previous day. Taeyeon managed to do her tasks without any issues, something her colleagues pointed out. Given how good she felt, she blamed yesterday’s weird behavior on the lack of sleep.  

They partied hard on Saturday and she got rather drunk. After what Jiyong told her, it was hard to sleep properly. Especially with alcohol in the body. Plainly speaking, Taeyeon only needed a good night’s worth of rest to stand up on her feet again. 

It dawned on her the width of her disillusion once she met Jessica and Tiffany for lunch. They went to a cozy restaurant near her work that had a lovely backyard with overflowing greenery and flowers. Underneath the shade from tall, surrounding trees in full bloom, they enjoyed great conversations over a cup of sweet tea after their meal when her friends unknowingly decided to walk into mine-filled territory.  

Jessica went in first.  

“It was a great night,” she began, adding, “Saturday, I mean, of course.” 

Literally, her entire body froze. Warm breezes had sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter