Chapter 7

blooming hearts | rosekook

It was the day after the harrowing tutor session she had with Jungkook, and Chaeyoung found herself sitting on the most incommodious leather chair in existence for the second time that week.

She checked her watch again for the nth time, considering whether or not she should reschedule her meeting with Mr. Kane with the office lady. If it wasn't for the twenty minutes before the bell for first period, Chaeyoung would have pulled all the hair from her scalp. Tardiness was something she couldn't deal with anymore, after her encounters with Jungkook.

As soon as she was about to up and go, the year advisor opened his door, gesturing her inside. "I apologize for the wait, Chaeyoung. Since this meeting is concerning the first tutoring session you had with Jeon, I assume you're telling me things are going well and he's back on track?" Chaeyoung sat down, shaking her head.

"I don't want to agitate you regarding Jungkook any more than you are at the moment, sir, but I have to say that he's a hopeless case- or with me, at least," she replied, grimacing. Mr. Kane sighed.

"Good grief. But Chaeyoung, it's only the first session. Have a few more with the guy and results will show, I guarantee you. He's a bright kid behind his ludicrous demeanor."

"I'm sure he is, sir. But that's the thing- I can't do a few more lessons. I can't even fathom being in the same room with him anymore! You weren't there, Mr. Kane. I swear he will drive you up the wall even more than he did with me.

"That's why I came to talk to you; to inform you that I don't want to tutor him anymore. He thinks I'm a waste of time, and I reciprocate those feelings. I really try to see the best in people, Mr. Kane, but I can't seem to find anything worthwhile in Jungkook."

Mr. Kane leaned back against his chair. "You don't think I didn't hear you two falling-out like a bunch of hissing cats the first meeting you had with him? But to reiterate, it is the first lesson, and you did say you try to see the good in people. One lesson with him isn't going to show his full potential." Chaeyoung opened , about to interject his remark before Mr. Kane held up his hand, silencing her.

"Chaeyoung, I understand how distressed you are. But you got to also understand that you are one of the only people that can put up with his bull. You're also the only person I can expect, with certainty, that he will achieve exemplary results in order to get back on his team. I look in the sidelines, and yes, he can be an . He's an obnoxious little , and practically everyone's heads are shoved up his . However, I know him long enough to know that he has the capability to be kind and caring. It just takes time. So, please, Chaeyoung. Attempt to have one more lesson with him. If things don't go well yet again, by all means, don't tutor him anymore."

Chaeyoung bit her lip. Thoughts were running around in her mind. She knew he meant well, and he was right- she shouldn't judge him straight after the first dispute. Then again, she's essentially putting her insanity on the line for having another session with him. Shortly after, she nodded, glancing at Mr. Kane, his expression nothing but desperate. "I'll tutor him one more time. Mr. Kane." he let out a ginormous sigh, running his hands through his hair.

"Great! You can see yourself out." Chaeyoung murmured a thank you and left the room with haste. 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Chaeyoung strode towards the library doors, teeth chattering. Pushing the doors open, a gush of warm air blew at her, relieving any thoughts of frostbite. Rubbing her hands together, she looks around, finding a comfortable spot to wait 45 minutes for Jungkook's arrival. 

Instead, she found herself glancing at one spot in shock. 

There he was, the flesh and blood of Jungkook, slouching on the seat with his back facing her. Confused, Chaeyoung walks over to him. 

Chaeyoung sat on the seat across from him, not sparing him a glance while she was rummaging in her bag for her books. "Wow, the dip finally learned his lesson and came early. What, your girlfriend didn't give you a ? Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, and get over it-" she peered at his direction, and her jaw dropped. 

"Oh my God, Jungkook, are you okay?" she looked at him with concern and guilt. "I'm sorry about belittling you like that, I didn't mean that much harm over it, I'm so sorry-" 

Jungkook glanced at her, his eyes glimmering with tears. "Shut up. You didn't do anything wrong. Don't worry about it. It's personal ." 

"But Jungkook, you're not in the right mental state to learn anything. We can always postpone another time, you really don't need to fret. We have plenty of other opportunities to cover material." 

Jungkook slammed the table, eliciting a jump from her. "Shut the up, Chaeyoung. I need this right now, a distraction. For 's sake, just open your books, and teach. Don't look at me with those pity eyes either." 

Chaeyoung quickly nodded, rushing to open her book to teach him the new material. 

It was peaceful, to call it simply. They weren't arguing with each other for the first time, and Jungkook was genuinely immersed in his learning. If Chaeyoung didn't have the nagging feeling of concern, she would have felt ecstatic. 

Time was running short, and by the time the clock struck 6:30, Jungkook immediately stood up and shoved his things in his bag. Without any forms of goodbye, he hurried out the doors. Chaeyoung sat on her chair for a split second before cramming things in her backpack and chasing after him. 

He was in the midst of opening his car door before Chaeyoung grabbed his arm. 

"What the-?"

"Jungkook, I know I'm the last person that you want to hear from, and you may think I'm a complete and utter snake, but my feelings are real when I say I'm worried about you." Jungkook tried to shake her arm off him, but she held tightly. 

He let out a shaky sigh. "Yeah, you're right on the account where you're the last person I want to talk to. Please let me go." 

Chaeyoung shook her head. "No! Jungkook, I need you to talk to me. You can't keep your pain to yourself. I don't know you well but I know you enough to say with confidence that if you don't talk to someone you're going to drink your pain away. I know we're still not on good terms, but I'm putting this stupid quarrel of ours on a permanent halt. You need an ear for you to vent out your problems, and I can be that for you." 

Jungkook sniffled, looking at the ground. His voice was small, fragile. "Okay." 

Her heart twinged. Chaeyoung tugged him along to her car. "Come, let's go have hot chocolate. It's cold." 

 

 

A/N: 

Here it finally is, the birth of soft feelings between Rosie and Koo! About time, I must say- seven chapters in and they finally have a peaceful interaction :P 

I know some of you have been waiting long for something sweet to happen between them, so I hope this chapter quenched your thirst somewhat haha. 

And yes, I understand in my previous chapter I said I would upload this chapter a day later. I'm so sorry I didn't keep my promise, a lot of crap happened and I wasn't able to get it up then. 

I also edited the chapter- changed a few things here and there, and out came this lmao. I should be studying for my two tests next week, but I feel like you all deserved this :) 

Anyways, I don't know when I'm going to publish another chapter, but I will try my ABSOLUTE. BEST. to publish as soon as I can. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day! 

- Jess