chapter 1

blooming hearts | rosekook

Chaeyoung contemplated whether she should drop to her knees and beg at Lisa's feet as she gets tugged towards the bleachers.

"Oh my God, Chaeyoung, hurry up! We won't be able to find a bloody seat if you're countlessly tripping on your own feet like that." Lisa complained.

"I was in the midst of reading before you graciously dragged me out here! If anything I should be the one complaining- we may be the same height but your strides are like that of a 2-meter tall man." Chaeyoung replied as she struggled to hold her textbooks with one arm.

It was the annual playoff between Paramount Highschool and Westfield Grammar. Afternoon classes are always canceled and no student in their right mind would miss this game. Except for Chaeyoung Park. She was never into this football shenanigans.

"Lisa, please let me go back and read. For the love of God, I would do anything for you if you just let me go. I'll do your homework! Heck, I'll even polish your shoes!" Chaeyoung frantically exclaimed as they sprinted up the bleacher's steps.

"In any other situation, I'd be flattered to have you as my slave, but you've never experienced a playoff before!"

"With good reason," she interjected. "football is an ungodly sport! It's just people ramming into each other like literal bulls in order to get a prolate spheroid."

Lisa rolled her eyes. "I don't know what football you've been watching, Chaeng, but Paramount football is more than just 'ramming into each other like literal bulls'- you'll see what I mean! And stop being so technical over the shape of a football, you don't need to constantly flex your intelligence all the time."

"I don't flex my intelligence all the time," Chaeyoung muttered, seeing that Lisa already found seats.

With a grimace, Chaeyoung squirmed around to find a comfortable seating position on the plastic seat. Finally feeling content, she opened up her biochemistry textbook, anticipating to continue where she left off before her best friend interrupted her.

Lisa turned her head, looked at the textbook, and sighed. "Honestly, Chae. Shut your textbook and enjoy the moment! Do it for me, please?" Upon saying that, Lisa began to pull out her puppy dog eyes.

Chaeyoung stuttered. "I- Screw you! Don't pull those puppy dog eyes on me, you ghastly animal!" Lisa refused to comply, enhancing her full puppy dog eye act. Chaeyoung sighed, shutting her textbook closed. "The things I do for you, honestly."

Lisa giggled and kissed her cheek. "I love you too, my little chipmunk." Turning her head towards the field, Lisa gasped, pointing at someone.

"Chaeyoung, look! It's Jungkook! What a hunk, am I right or am I right?" she turned to look at the said man Lisa was gushing about.

Jungkook was there, standing at the bottom of the bleachers, waving his helmet around. Cheers from everyone- predominately girls, of course, roared throughout the whole field. Chaeyoung sees Jiwoo, the most beloved girl in Paramount Highschool, wave to Jungkook. In return, Jungkook blows her a kiss, and Chaeyoung felt like vomiting.

"Close your jaw, Lisa. You know he already found his 'girl of the month'. Regardless, he doesn't associate with people like us, remember? Not that it's a bad thing, because he's a dickwad and highly egotistical." Chaeyoung said, glaring at the new couple at the bottom of the bleachers.

"Way to crush my dreams, Chaeng," Lisa replied. "But you're right. I've never seen him anywhere near a nerd before and I don't think I ever will."

"Maybe that's a good thing, Lisa. No person should experience the ways of the literal devil." Chaeyoung says.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Paramount High and Westfield Grammar present this year's playoff!"

"The game's starting! You better not touch your textbook, Chaeng, or I'll eat the pages." Lisa said, chuckling at Chaeyoung's disgusted expression.

"Go anywhere near my textbooks and I'll blow off your kneecaps," she replies, laughing as well.

As the game progressed, maybe Chaeyoung did have to thank Lisa for dragging her here. She didn't feel this much adrenaline in a while. But she couldn't help but go sour at times, her mind kept tracking back towards Jungkook. Honestly? He can shove his ego up his .

 

A/N: 
Hi again, everyone! 
For those who stuck around to read this story, thank you so much! I wrote this chapter in around an hour with no revising, so I apologize if there are any grammatical errors :) 

With that out of the way, I do hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm still trying to pinpoint how exactly I'm going to further this plotline, so it may take time to post future chapters, especially with school starting soon! Please bear with me once more <3