chapter 3

blooming hearts | rosekook

Chaeyoung was deep in the pages of a new novel she picked up from the library when her laptop notified her of a new email in her inbox. Sighing, she quickly marked where she left off, placing the laptop on her lap.

'John Kane- isn't that our year advisor?' she thought, interest suddenly peaking. She quickly opened the email skimming through the contents.

Email from Year Advisor to Chaeyoung

She closed her laptop, leaning back on the headboard of her bed. She did tutor part-time, but she postponed it because juggling her sessions along with her advanced classes were too much for her.

But while it was tiring, it was also fun for her. Chaeyoung loved the feeling of helping others reach their goals and improve on marks- their reaction when receiving a grade that they never expected they would reach made her internally jump with joy.

So what did she have to lose to tutor one student? Unless she genuinely despised them at the start, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Biting her lip, she opened her laptop, requesting a confrontation with this student. 

Email from Chaeyoung to Year Advisor

It was storming on the day of the meeting. 

Chaeyoung sat in the year advisor's office, drumming her fingers against her thigh. They were scheduled for a 9:00 meeting. It was 9:32. 

She turned to her year advisor. "Mr. Kane, are you sure you gave the student the date right? Or did you give me the wrong time?" 

"I assure you, Chaeyoung, that I gave both of you the right date and time. He's known to always be unfashionably late."

Slowly nodding, Chaeyoung looked up at the clock for the umpteenth time. 'I could literally be in music class right now, singing to my heart's content, but this dude-'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the office door swinging open and Jungkook walking in. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late, sir. I promise you it wasn't me waking up with another hangover and just me in the middle of finishing homework that was due three weeks ago." Jungkook said. His gaze met with Chaeyoung's, his jaw dropping while she let out a soft gasp. 

"About time, Jeon. And don't pull that overdue homework bull on me- you won't ever willingly do your homework even if I sever nine of your toes and leave your piggy toe intact just so you can stub it on every piece of furniture you own. Now, I want to discuss this as quickly as I can so I can kick your asses out of here as soon as possible." Sputtering, Jungkook sat down on the seat next to her. Chaeyoung discreetly scooted her chair a little further away. 

Both of them were in utter silence while Mr. Kane went through reasonable times to fit with both of their schedules. Small nods of confirmation were only exchanged. 

"Now that that's done," Mr. Kane said, "I'll leave you two alone to introduce each other and whatever else teenagers do." he stood up and walked out of his office, gently closing the door behind him. 

Jungkook put his head in his hands. "Are you ing kidding me? A nerd? I have to get tutored by a party pooper who doesn't do anything but read textbooks and kiss their teachers' ?" 

Chaeyoung was taken back. "Excuse me? You shouldn't be the one whining- I have to tutor a who doesn't care about anything except which chick he should bring to bed each night!" 

He glared at her. "At least I get action. The only action you have is probably when you kiss your big textbooks good night before getting to bed." 

"You'll get a kiss from my textbook too when I slam it against your ing face, dip." she hissed. 

Jungkook was about to retort before the door opened once more, Mr. Kane's head popping in. "I'm just notifying you that your time is up and I want your asses up and going to your next class. Remember your tutoring times, yes? I don't want to see your faces in my office telling me you forgot when it is." 

Huffing, Chaeyoung quickly picked up her bag and stormed out of the room, but not before bidding her year advisor a warm goodbye. Jungkook followed suit, blood boiling. 

"Nice girl, isn't she, Jungkook?" he asked, returning to his desk. 

"Sure, Mr. Kane, sure. I'm going to have a splendid time." Jungkook drawled, leaving the office. He was at wit's end. He was going to have to be tutored by her three times a bloody week- his friends are going to on him so much. 

Thunder clapped outside. He should have known the weather was foreshadowing something disastrous. 

 

A/N: 

Finally, an interaction between them! I'm so sorry if you waited long for this to happen <3 I also apologize if you assumed they would fall in love within first glance :P 

With that aside, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It took me a little longer to write this and, in all honesty, I'm not that satisfied with it yet :/ but I hope you liked it regardless <3 

Please let me know if you liked this chapter!! I hope you all have a wonderful day <3 :D 

Also, I don't know how to add the images onto the fic itself through this platform, so if you don't want to click on the link, there's always my story on wattpad as well! The images are there and you don't need to click on the link as opposed to here <3