Chapter 4

blooming hearts | rosekook

Chaeyoung woke up the next morning to the sun peeking through her blinds. With ease, Chaeyoung got ready within record time, her bright smile immediately turned upside down when she browsed her school's daily announcements and her schedule. With that, her dour mood followed her through the rest of the school day.

Her friends unceasingly gave her worried glances, sympathizing with her existential crisis. Sayings of comfort were spoken to no avail.

"Chaeyoung, come on! Don't be so down! I understand that Jungkook's known to be the blatant boy, but that shouldn't stop you from treating him as normally as the other kids you had to tutor." Jennie said, taking a sip of her iced tea.

"You don't understand, Jennie. Sure, I've met a number of boys, but Jungkook takes these boys into overkill! You should have seen him when I had the meeting with Mr. Kane- he's an and a half!" Chaeyoung asserted.

Lisa nodded. "I have to agree with her, Jennie. I accidentally bumped into him when I was walking to methods the other day and he looked at me like I was lower than . I don't care for guys to begin with, but really? Like, I didn't do to him in the first place."

"I couldn't have related to you more. I was reading the talent show poster in the middle of the staircase and Jimin shoved me so hard he broke my Dalgom keychain!" Jisoo proclaimed, eating her ramen.

"I guess I can see what you mean," Jennie replied. "Nonetheless, you should at least try to treat him like your other students. It would not only benefit him but you too. Think about it- it would save you a great deal of agitation if you ignore the fact that he's a boy."

"Yeah, I suppose so, Jen. But I just can't help but feel so upset that I have to tutor him out of all people. He called me a, and I quote, "a party pooper who doesn't do anything but read textbooks and kiss their teachers' " how shallow could he possibly get?" Chaeyoung said.

Lisa patted her head. "Chaeng, it's okay. Five months will be over in no time! Maybe you'll even end up being friends with him! Live a little." the bell rang in the midst of their conversation, notifying them to go off to their next class.

"Friends? If I end up ever befriending him, Jisoo can keep Chrysanthemum." Chaeyoung snorted, picking up her bag.

"Really? I'll take such good care of her, Chaeng-"

"My sweet angel, I was kidding. If I actually give you Chrysanthemum that would be because I died and I wasn't able to pass her to my family because they ended up dying too. Keep dreaming." Giving Jisoo's cheek a few soft pats, Chaeyoung dashes out of the cafeteria on the way to English, leaving her friends behind. 

Jungkook's dilemma wasn't that bright either.

"Oh my God, a nerd? Jeon, you ing ; you know it's essentially a sin to be seen with a nerd," Jimin exclaimed at lunch. "With your status too! You just dug your foot into a whole pile of cow ."

"I know! That's why I drank my whole life worth of alcohol last night to relieve this excruciating pain," he replied.

"It didn't work, did it," Taehyung said, munching on his sandwich.

"Of course it ing didn't! Not only am I in an absolute catastrophe right now, considering my tutoring session is in less than four ing hours, but I also have a colossal headache." Jungkook spat, leaning his head against the lunch table.

"There there, dear gym junkie," Taehyung said, patting his back. "Think about all the that will drop for you when the girls find out that not only you're physically y, but your brain is y too."

Glaring up at him, Jungkook shrugged off Taehyung's hand from his shoulder. "You both aren't helping this situation. I think you're missing the fact that this has to go on for five months minimum. I'm going to be seen with a know-it-all kissing for at least five months."

Jimin chuckled, placing his chin on his hand. "It's honestly not that bad, Jungkook. Sure, she's a nerd, and that's ing gross, but it is after school hours. At the end of the day, you're doing this to get back in the team. It without you in practice yesterday, so get your together."

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "He's right. You told this to Jiwoo too, did you not? It's not like she ran away from you. Didn't you have some kind of sympathetic last night?"

Jungkook's face flushed. "I guess you could call it that? But we every Tuesday anyways."

"You are an absolute animal, Jeon. I don't know why your hasn't fallen off yet." Jimin laughed.

Taehyung followed suit. Suddenly, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

"I bet your is going to fall off within the first 10 minutes of you being tutored by this chick, Jeon," Taehyung uttered, dodging a piece of lettuce Jungkook threw at him.

"I stand by that statement, seeing that you're such a that all that information you wouldn't be able to comprehend would give you so much turmoil that your literally just plops to the ground," Jimin added, laughing hysterically.

"God, you guys are s. Shut your mouths up before I shut it up with my fist," Jungkook muttered as he followed the laughing pair out of the cafeteria. 

A/N: 

Hi, everyone! Long time no see I guess? Considering that I uploaded the first three chapters daily and never updated after that until now lmao 

No, this is not the tutoring session yet, because I wanted to introduce a few of the friends first until their official session. So I made an executive decision to write this up quickly at 11 pm so I could have time to write the tutoring session tomorrow :D 

Also, I know Jimin and Taehyung seem like s but don't worry they're sweethearts as the story progresses :) 

Let me know if you enjoyed this chapter and please sit back and wait for the next one! I hope you have a spectacular day xx