Chapter 6

blooming hearts | rosekook

Immediately after rushing home from the library, Chaeyoung called up Jisoo, her pent up feelings readying to burst from her chest.

Jisoo picked up after the first ring. "Chaengie! I speculate you called me to recount your tutoring session with Jungkook. Did it go well?"

Chaeyoung reached her bedroom, dumping her bag at the door and proceeded to leap onto her bed. "As much as I anticipated otherwise, I have to say it did not go accordingly."

Jisoo's heavy sigh was heard at the other end. "Ugh, I must admit I had little faith anyways. Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just so irritating, Chu! He came super late and he wasn't concentrating, like, at all. Why don't we add a few insults to the mix?"

"It's his usual nature, though. Don't beat yourself up over it- you foresaw the worst and that's what came out."

"That's the thing- I did expect it! It was just so much worse than I thought it would be, you have to take my word for it. I'm frustrated, Jisoo. I'm deemed as someone that he can automatically bully, just because I'm labeled as a nerd, that I'm someone that is not to Jungkook's ideal image of what a girl should look and act like. I hate it, I hate it so much!" Chaeyoung's eyes start to brim with tears, and a sob escapes from .

"Oh, baby. Please don't cry, I completely understand how you're feeling, and it's okay to feel this way! With all this pent up frustration it's amazing how you didn't break down any earlier.

You have a good heart, Chaeyoung, don't take these insults he spits out to heart. The fact that you agreed to tutor him despite how he acts around us 'subordinates' automatically deems you as a good person. You try to see the good in people, Chaeng- no one really does that these days. You don't deserve this pain at all. If anything, he doesn't deserve you to be his tutor either." 

Chaeyoung sniffles, whipping her eyes with the back of her hand. "You know just the right things to say, Jisoo. You make Dr. Phil look like a scam."

Jisoo belts out a laugh. "That's because he is, my sweet summer child."

"You know, I think you're right, in a way. I'm sick and tired of his tomfoolery. I'm going to talk to Mr. Kane tomorrow to see if I could cancel this agreement."

"Dalgom, spit that out! Jesus Christ if you wanted to choke from something hire a dominatrix, not my anime figurine. Sorry, Chaeng, my cutie pie's being an idiot. Where was I? Right! Yes, take things to your own initiative! I hope you feel a little better Chaengie, I really hate seeing you distraught." 

Chaeyoung snorted. "I feel better because of you, thank you so much. Please give thanks to Dalgom too, that absolute comedian."

"Dalgom and I send you our gratitude. But I must say, I'm very concerned about Dalgom's ual interests. Did you know he was eyeing that menacing chihuahua next door? Absolutely no taste whatsoever. Anyway, remember to return my copy of Empire of the Sun, or watch your sleep paralysis demon be me tonight!" 

Chaeyoung laughed. "Will do, Chu. I'll see you tomorrow, bye!" Calling Jisoo kept her grounded and gave her more closure over the hectic situation, and she was so grateful to have someone like her to be by her side.

Firing up her laptop, Chaeyoung logged onto her email to inquire about a meeting with her year advisor. 

Email to Mr. Kane

Chaeyoung heaved another sigh for the nth time that day. It's been too overwhelming for her, to say the least- as someone who doesn't do anything but buries their heads in textbooks, tutoring someone like Jungkook had got to be one of the vastest things she has ever experienced in her high school life. 

While a part of her was patting herself on the back to have sent that email to Mr. Kane, another part of her couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, Jungkook had some good in him. If she would just continue her lessons, she could perhaps witness it bloom. 

 

A/N:

Hi, everyone! I really hope you didn't all forget about this story :P I hope you all are doing well! 

Gosh, it's been so long since I updated this story. I admit, with a heavy heart of course, that I have not been up to par with my updating and I'm terribly sorry. School is tearing my life apart and writer's block is my sleep paralysis demon. 

A special note to people who are reading on AsianFanFics: I still don't know how to add actual images into the chapter directly, so please bear with me :P If you don't want to click on the link and look directly at the image the story is up on Wattpad as well! 

I do have the seventh chapter on the way, and I PROMISE it'll be up tomorrow! For now, here's Chapter 6. I hope you all enjoy it and please stay tuned for the next chapter! 

Jess xx 

P.S. Coachella Rosé can rail me she's a in hottie and she knows it.