Choi Yena

The Broken Hearts' Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

EUNBI is sitting in her office while looking at the phone that someone entrusted her around two weeks ago. She’s talking to another person through LYNE video call, showing the said phone to that friend.

“That’s Samsung Galaxy SII.” Miyawaki Sakura pointed out while eating pickled plums. She just took one look at it but she immediately identified it. She’s playing an online FPS game while talking with Eunbi. “What’s with the sudden phone downgrade?”

Eunbi scoffed. “This was surrendered by a client. I've shown you other stuff before, right?”

Sakura just laughed but she managed to get a kill that time. “Yeah. You get a lot of things being surrendered to you. The PS4 I am using now is even surrendered to you. That's a great business you have there, Eunbi. You get free stuff almost every time.”

Eunbi rolled her eyes. “How many times shall I tell you that I am not forcing any of my clients to surrender things to me. I just tell them that they should get rid of things that hold a lot of memories but I don't tell them to give it to me. I usually convince them to just sell it or give it to someone else but there are people who just voluntarily give them to me.”

She then took a look at the white S2 she had on her hand. “They are all keys to the past and they all play a big role to the present.”

“So, are you telling me to do something on that phone?” Sakura asked, getting another kill in the process.

“Yes. Actually, this phone got me really curious. I don't know why but I believe there is something to be resolved for my client to properly begin again. I believe there must be a big misunderstanding somewhere.”

“Well, I don't know the story of that person but let me do something about that. Maybe just buy me a new game CD in return.” Sakura turned to the camera shortly and gave Eunbi a wink.

“That wink is terrible.” Eunbi chuckled at her seat. “I will send you the phone then. I will ask my client first about the details of the phone and send it together. It might help you in booting it up.”

“Ahh…” Sakura nodded. “Booting is the problem.”

“Yes. I think the battery has already dried up. I can't find any battery on sale.”

Sakura scratched her chin while thinking. “Well, that phone can be considered antique already so I am not surprised but let me see what I can do.”

“Thank you, Sakura.” Eunbi smiled. Sakura might be considered a NEET but she was once an expert in her field. She might've already become addicted to games now but her real life skills are being upgraded as well.

“I'll just wait for it then.” She gave Eunbi a smug nod as a sign that she has to go back and focus on her game. It seems like she has met a very good player in the game. Eunbi also gave her a nod before pressing the red button.

The main counsellor of TBHC stood up to take some stretching. She took the phone back to the drawer and gave out a sigh. “I wonder if Miss Ahn will come for you today. She cancelled her appointment last week for some reason and now she’s late for this week’s schedule.”

Eunbi’s office telephone rang which she immediately answered. It was a call from her new secretary, Honda Hitomi, who despite not being fluent in Korean is trying her hardest to be best in the things Eunbi entrusts her. Currently, she is the one who receives the guests and does the initial interview. Eunbi favours the girl she nicknamed as Hong DaHee for the innocence the Japanese girl exudes.

“Yes, DaHee? Is there anything wrong?”

“Hwejangnim…” Hitomi called. Her voice sounds so stressed. “It seems like Miss Ahn Yujin won’t make it for today’s schedule but…” (*Hwejangnim / 회장님 = chairman.)

“But?” Eunbi just shook her head. What’s making Yujin miss the schedule?

“Instead of Miss Ahn, her friend who came to deliver the news wants to take the slot Miss Ahn has set. Will it be fine, Hwejangnim?”

Eunbi could hear a husky female voice from the background that seems to be pressuring the secretary to just give her the spot. Eunbi took a deep breath and made her decision. “It is fine. It seems like she really needs someone to talk to. Have her answer the form and send it in after she answers it.”

“Alright, Hwejangnim. Got it.”

Eunbi went back to her swivel chair and stretched her arms. “It’s time to get back to work!”

Around 15 minutes later, a girl with some sort of ashy yellow hair stepped in the counselling room. Hitomi led her inside and introduced her to Eunbi. Hitomi left as soon as possible so that the two can start with the agenda.

Eunbi greeted the said girl who seems to be very bright and doesn’t have any worries in life just by judging the aura that she’s giving off. Her smile is so warm and she is overflowing with likeable energy. What has led her to this place anyway?

“Miss Choi Yena?” Eunbi read the form and she was surprised when the said girl threw her hand up in the air.

“That’s me!” She said energetically with such a very cute smile. Right there and then, Eunbi realised that this girl in front of her might not be the kind of person that she’s trying to portray.

“I am Kwon Eunbi and I operate this small office. Thank you for coming and trusting our club. Alright…” Eunbi continued to scan the form and there she saw something that made her raise her brows. “Song you can’t stop listening to these days is Ben’s Love, ing (열애중)?

The girl called Yena gave out a faint smile. “I just can relate so much to the song.”

Eunbi noticed how her shoulders dropped a bit. “So, I guess DaHee-ssi has already explained to you what to do in the first meeting. Just let your heart pour out. There are no other rules, just let your worries out and I will listen to you. We believe that letting it all out through words would be the very first step of mending a heart.”

Yena gave out a huge smile as she leaned towards Eunbi’s desk. “Aren’t you going to ask about my friend Yujin first? I thought she would be the first topic but we’ll go straight to my story, I see…”

Eunbi gave her a warm smile. “I am curious about the happenings in Miss Ahn’s life but it is you who came here so we should talk about your concerns. No one comes personally to cancel one’s appointment. It’s just a call away but you came all your way here to do that. There’s definitely a deep reason for that, am I right?”

Yena looked more impressed. She then took a deep intake of air and started. “Well, I'd like to share my heartbreak from years ago…”

 

~~~

 

“CHOI YENA, where do you think you are going? Do you think this is the right time to miss your classes?”

Yena just laughed. She didn’t mind at all. All she knows is she has been waiting for this day to come and no one can stop her; not even the cold, cold voice of her best friend, Ahn Yujin.

“It’s fine, Yujin-ah! It’s just for this weekend!” Yena answered while enjoying the scenery outside of the train. “I just can’t wait to see her! I am so excited!”

She heard a heavy sigh from the person on the other line. She is completely aware of the disappointment lying on that sigh but again, she didn’t mind.

“You are aware that our exams are just around the corner, right? You better get back here and study. Most of the topics that will come out of the exam are being discussed so you should not miss class.” Yujin insisted even though she knows that her words will just pass Yena from one ear to the other.

“Just tell me about the topics and I will cram on it! Right now the most important thing is meeting Yuri and Yuri alone! I don’t care about anything else~!”

“You say so…” Again, another deep breath from Yujin. “I warned you already. It is best not to be so attached to one person. You better leave something for yourself even just a little bit. It would be—”

“Stop being bitter, Yujin!” Yena scoffed. “Yuri and I love each other so much so it’s impossible that we end up with the same fate as you. What does a coward like you know anyway? You couldn’t even confess to that girl who ‘hurt’ you, right? So please, stop lecturing me.”

There was a long silence from Yujin and Yena just smirked. She knows she hit a spot. If Yujin is around then she probably got hit already.

“You dared to call me a coward when you couldn’t even tell your parents that you like a girl—”

“W-W-Wait, Yujin-ah. I-I c-can’t h-hear you! Y-Yujin? Yujin? M-Man, I think I l-lost c-coverage. Yu—”

“Ya, Choi Yena! You’re faking it, right? Choi Yen—”

Yena dropped the call and put her phone back in her pocket. She leaned back to her seat and calmed herself down. “Yujin is really fast to counter my attacks.” She snickered to herself as guilt and fear started to creep back. She shook her head and slapped her cheeks.

“It’s okay, Yena!” she cheered herself. “It’s fine! Once you see Yuri, all these negative feelings will disappear! It’s fine! Just two more hours left and you will see her smile again!”

Choi Yena was in her second year in college at that time and she is in love. Just saying it so casually is an understatement. She is deeply, madly and crazily in love with her girlfriend. She was in that phase where she wanted to regularly see her, go on dates with her and just make her laugh with her jokes but the thing is her girlfriend, Jo Yuri, lives in the southern part of Korea while Yena is a Seoul City girl right from birth.

They managed to get to know each other at a nationwide competition where Yena came to support her friend who performed a song that she composed herself. She went there with a pure heart of cheering for that classmate but she ended up getting the number of the one who won the competition. From then on, Yena and Yuri started talking through Cakao Talk and it didn’t take time before Yena confessed about her feelings for Yuri.

The Busan girl is feeling the same way right from the very start so she obviously gave Yena a favourable answer. Yuri finds Yena really attractive. She treats her really well and she never found it hard to talk to her. She always has the jokes that would make her laugh when she’s sad, there’s always the exact words of encouragement coming from her lips whenever she feels down. For those months of just chatting, the space in her heart allotted for Choi Yena has grown intensely big.

But yes, no matter how much they love each other there are things that make their relationship hard. First is the 325 km between them. No matter how much they wanted to meet frequently, it was never easy.

But Choi Yena is as stubborn as her love for Jo Yuri. She told her that she will be the one to visit her and all she has to do is to wait for her. It was hard for them to meet when Yena was still in high school since she was still living with her family that time but when she stepped into university and started living in the dorms, it became easy for her to travel on her own.

Yena fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter