Reunion

The Broken Hearts' Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dear Listeners,

Thank you everyone for all of your support and unending love for the program. And as you all have seen my recent post in my IG account… Yes! I am getting married soon~

I still can’t believe that someone like me will soon walk down the aisle. I can’t believe that such a day will come… I thought… That marriage isn’t a thing for me but I guess there are things that can’t be helped.

I won’t give the details about the wedding yet but it will be held sooner than what you guys think.

I might take a leave but I will surely resume this program. I love this job anyway!

See you all on Wednesday~!

This is DJ Minjoo, leaving your Monday night with this song from IU, You and I~

 

YUJIN instinctively kicked on her break which caused rage honking behind her. She suddenly felt cold sweat running down her back not because she almost died but she felt her heart die the very moment she heard about the wedding announcement. She kind of expected it. She saw it coming. But she never thought that hearing Minjoo announce it herself would ultimately kill her heart.

“Don’t be like this, Ahn Yujin.” She told herself and went back to the road. “Don’t be like this to yourself… You can’t continually be sad over a person who doesn’t even have the smallest concern about you.”

The girl knew it herself. She should do something. She must not dwell on it just like what Miss Kwon said but she couldn’t help but to continuously think about it. She has tried a lot of things. She even tried dating other people but none of them made her forget about Minjoo. It was a foolish thing to do but she admits that she has been in chains of her memories with her.

Her unrequited love, the things that she has given up, the disappointment that she has become… She would not be side-tracked if she didn’t meet Minjoo that one fateful night.

She was on her way home coming from the cram school when she decided to take some breather and took a walk by the Han River. All her life she was only focused on studying and gaining awards because her parents get happy whenever she attains something but the stress and pressure of the senior year came to her to the point that she wanted to take a break from everything.

Yujin kept walking and she didn’t realise that she came to a point where there were almost no people around. She decided to go back home since her mum would probably scold her for coming home later than usual. But as she was about to turn back, she saw a girl’s silhouette near the river itself. Just one look at it, Yujin figured out what the girl was trying to do so she hurriedly took her bag off and slid down the steep.

“Stop right there! Don’t move! Even an inch!” Yujin shouted. “Don’t you think your life is so precious just to be ended this way!?”   

The girl turned to Yujin with those swollen eyes and that one stare took Yujin off-guard but she’s quick to snap back. She then reached out her hand to the said girl. “Hold my hand and come back!”

The other girl cried harder as she reached out for Yujin’s hand. She wasn’t expecting that someone would actually come and save her when she thought that the only way to escape that life is death. Yujin pitied the girl so much and didn’t hesitate to give her a warm embrace to calm her down. That was the very start of her new life—a life with Kim Minjoo.

Yujin took her home as the girl refused to go back to her own house. She then found out how Minjoo is being pressured by being a daughter of a respectable public figure. She knows that committing one mistake would also tarnish the name of her parents but there are things that she wanted to try on her own… she just wanted to live.

But things happened and she couldn’t find herself worthy to be called a daughter of her parents. She believes that she doesn’t deserve the position being given to her because she’s into other things. That’s the moment when she decided to be true to herself, quit everything she was tasked to do and tried to live on her own way.

And yes, her fear came crippling in and gossips about her spread in the community. With the stress piling up, anxiety came and destroyed her confidence which almost led to her ending her own life.

“I am always grateful that an angel came at that time! And that angel is you, Yujin!”

Minjoo’s voice suddenly echoed at the back of Yujin’s mind while drinking her third can of beer that night. She ended up coming back to Han River to unwind. She knows that she will get over it. She knows that it won’t be so long. When Minjoo finally gets married then probably her heart could make a conclusion and let go of those feelings. At that moment, that’s what she held on to.

“But why the f**k am I still sad?” Yujin gave out a vexed sigh as she opened up her fourth can. She knows she won’t be able to go home by herself so she is already prepared to call a proxy driver.. She just really wanted to drink that day.

What made her love Minjoo this much? Yujin doesn’t know exactly why as well. She thought that she just really wanted to help her that time but she just found herself one day wanting to see her almost every time. She wanted to be the one to make her smile. She wanted to be the one who would always be there for her. At first, it was hard for her to believe what she was feeling but there came a time when there’s no other way but to admit it to herself.

She’s amazed at how Minjoo is honest with whatever she wants to do. Something that she had always wanted to be. She thought Minjoo was her role model but she ended up being her lover.

“Kim Minjoo, live well…” Yujin whispered to the wind. She tried to stand up only to wobble at her feet. She went walking with her fifth and last can on her hand.

She thought she was walking back to her car but then her feet led her to the place where she first met Minjoo. The drunk girl squinted her eyes. “Thish… looks familiar—”

She almost jerked when her phone suddenly vibrated. She groggily pulled it out from her pocket and smirked when she saw the name on the screen. She answered it.

“He—”

“AHN YUJIN!? Where the hell are you!?” Yena shouted on the other line which somehow irritated Yujin’s ear. “Don’t tell me that you are drinking again!? For f**k’s sake, Yujin! You better get you’re a** home right at this very—”

“Quack, quack, quack! Hahahaha! I am talking to a duck!” Yujin teased Yena and she seems like she’s enjoying doing it with her endless chuckles.

“Ahn Yujin! You’re under medication, don’t you remember!?”

“What!?” Yujin scoffed. Medication, my a**! I am so lonely so let me drink!” She shouted back while wobbling. “I… I am at Han River, Choi Yena-ssi. I am going to swim like a duck! Hahahaha!”

“YA! What do you mean swimming!? YAAA! AHN YUJIN—”

Yujin dropped the call because she knew Yena would just nag her continuously. She took a deep breath and was about to turn back when—

“YAA~ AHN YUJIN~ What are you being so drunk for?”

Yujin froze in her place after recognizing who the owner of that voice was. She was surprised that her drowsy eyes went wide for a moment but she thought it was a hologram made with her advanced imagination powered and boosted by alcohol.

The girl came towards her but she just continued smiling at her like a fool.

“Yujin-ah~ Long time no see~!”

The grin on Yujin’s face widened. “Are you living well?”

The other girl looked down a bit. “I… Actually am—”

“You better be living happily!” Yujin said while trying her hardest to keep her eyes open. She then reached for the girl only to pull her for an embrace. The other girl gasped in surprise.

“You better be happy…” Yujin repeated, more like mumbling. “Because I am living in hell without you.”

 

 

 

YUJIN opened her eyes into an unfamiliar room. She looked around and saw a lot of vinyl records on a huge shelf. She tried to sit up and squeezed her brain for some memory from last night but all she got was a headache.

“Where the hell am I?” She asked herself as she familiarised herself with the place. She’s kind of relieved that the place is obviously a girl’s place after seeing a makeup altar on a corner.

"Where on earth is this?" Yujin asked herself again before her eyes widened at the sudden rush of last night's memory.

"N-No way..." She mumbled as the picture of the girl she met last night flashed in her mind. Yujin held her head as it started to ache once more. "Don't tell me I really did--"

Yujin slowly stood up and noticed that her clothes were changed into a cute pink and black pair of pyjamas which is obviously not her style. She would rather wear just a plain shirt and comfy shorts to sleep.

"This might be really Minjoo's..." She sighed. Knowing how Minjoo dresses up to sleep and how weird it was to her made her come up with that guess.

She slowly tried to sneak out but she was relieved that there were no clothes lying on the floor but then immediately slapped herself at the weird thought. Yujin opened the door and the spacey living room welcomed her out. She walked around trying to not focus with her headache. She walked with the hopes that she would see her.

But… she didn’t think that she would lose her mind when she finally laid her eyes on her…

Sitting in front of the dining table with her hair in high-ponytail, Kim Minjoo is busy with something on her laptop. Just that sight of her made everything fresh to Yujin as if it was yesterday. All the years of suffering and trying to forget the feelings she has for her… All of them crumbled in just an instant.

Yujin felt dry up when Minjoo noticed her and looked her way. With just one smile she felt butterflies in her stomach. Annoying butterflies.

“Yujin-ah~” Minjoo called. Her smile is just breathtaking. “You’re finally awake.”

“Minjoo…” She called back, almost a whisper. “What am I doing here? W-What happened?”

The other girl snickered before pulling the chair beside her. “Come and sit here first. Our first-time meeting after years was really funny. Don’t you really remember anything?”

Hesitating, Yujin went and sat where Minjoo asked her to sit. The girl has already closed her laptop and her attention is all hers. Yujin found it a bit bothersome but she knows that she has to get herself together.

“I… All I know is I was drinking beer by the Han River…”

Minjoo started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter