Flash Flood

The Broken Hearts' Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

THE more you try to forget something, the more you persevere to not even think about it...

The more you try to convince yourself that feelings would die down as time passes by...

The more you will just turn yourself into a fool.

The more you will make yourself suffer.

The feeling will just grow deeper and more serious.

And by the time the weak wall you made for it crumbles down... 

there would be no other way to stop the flash flood.

 

 

 

 

 

"Did you like it?" Minjoo sweetly asked Yujin, whose face is still red.

"I love it." She answered. Her eyes darted down to the lips that were just touching her lips seconds ago. "Cherry flavour."

Minjoo then giggled and gave Yujin a soft peck on the lips. "I knew you would like it."

"Are you not interested in the movie at all?" Yujin asked while trying to move her stare somewhere else aside from Minjoo. "You said you wanted to watch this so bad..."

Minjoo then let go of Yujin and leaned back to the couch. "Is that a way of telling me to stop?" She asked, looking back at the movie, which scenarios she can't even follow anymore.

"I'm not telling you to stop."

Yujin gave out a sigh. She knows that her face is really red at that time. When Minjoo started getting bored with the movie, she started to give her kisses that she can't even say no with.

"You can always tell me to stop if you don't like it." Minjoo said with a smile—a playful one to be exact.

"I never said that I don't like it." 

Minjoo looked back at her. Her head leaning on the couch. "Then do you like it?"

Yujin's eyes, once again, moved towards where those cherry-flavoured lips are.

"I told you... I love it."

Minjoo then gave out a satisfied smile. “Alright then~”

The girl then tried to focus on the movie but it is Yujin who is deeply bothered now. There are a lot of questions running in her mind now and she knows well how she needs answers.

Why did Minjoo ask them to date? Why did she ask her knowing that she’s going to get married? Is this really because she’s just curious and enjoying her last days of freedom? But to the extent of kissing? Does fake dating really have to go that far?

She wanted answers and that may be one of the main reasons why she didn’t ghost her that certain Friday. She’s sure there’s more to it. She wants to believe that there’s more to it than just curiosity. There’s more to it than just experience.

“Say, Minjoo…” Yujin called out. “Can’t we really meet tomorrow?”

Yujin waited for answers but then she saw that Minjoo was staring blankly at the monitor. She was about to call her again when she finally answered… with a smile.

“S-Sorry, Yujin. I have to meet my boyfriend tomorrow.” She then carefully took a peek of Yujin, still a smile is pasted on her face. “He has been working on his first ever show as the head director. Sunday is our only time to meet.”

‘Oh… So, her boyfriend is busy, that's why she is meeting me, right?’

That idea instantly flashed on Yujin’s mind. Minjoo is being left on her own. That's why she is seeking someone to give her attention. It’s still the same Minjoo that she met years ago. She looks for someone to accompany her when one is away. It has never changed.

“Don’t miss me a lot when you are with him.” Yujin wryly jokes.

Minjoo just stayed silent again but her silence always ends up with a meaningful smile.

“I might… actually yearn for you while I am with him.”

‘Then why don’t you just cancel the wedding and be with me?’, is what Yujin wanted to ask that very time. She’s dying to know why she can’t just leave that man and run away with her? Then she realised, ‘Yeah… This is just a trial… Her way of saying goodbye to her freedom.’

“I will come back to you by Monday so you don’t have to miss me that much.” Minjoo chuckled.

“Are you throwing things back at me?” Yujin forced a smirk. If this is what Minjoo wants then she would gladly lend her the time that she needs. Willingly, she will give her the attention that she needs. If this is the only way that she can end her feelings for her then she might as well give it a try.

Because she knows well that in the end, Minjoo will pick that man and not her.

She, definitely, won’t stay.

They both just laughed like the crazy people that they were at that time. Yujin then decided to just focus on the movie but when she thought that Minjoo had enough of her antics, she’s actually not done.

Yujin suddenly felt a hand on top of hers. She then took a peek of Minjoo by the side of her eyes. The girl was actually looking at their hands, longingly…

Now, Yujin is more confused. Why does she get to have that sad look upon her eyes? What does that longing stare mean?

Yujin turned to her and held Minjoo’s hand back, intertwining their fingers. That very action made Minjoo look at her.

And those eyes… Yujin’s heart breaks just by seeing those eyes.

Her hand then slowly made its way towards Minjoo’s face. She started to gently caress her beautiful face, paying no attention to the movie that she just purchased a while ago. Minjoo then, with her free hand, held Yujin’s hand that’s on her face while she closed her eyes to feel Yujin’s caress even more.

“Tell me, Minjoo.” Yujin started. “If I tell you not to go, will you still go?”

Minjoo opened her eyes and looked at her with a different set of eyes, far from those warm, tender eyes that she saw a while ago. That very moment, it was just an empty set.

“Of course, I will still go.” Minjoo answered without even stammering.

Yujin’s heart immediately sank but she still managed to fake a smile. “As expected…”

Seeing the pain written on the other girl’s eyes, Minjoo moved towards Yujin and gave her another kiss. Yujin had no other choice but to kiss back. There’s not a single part of her that says not to. No matter how aware she is of the situation, she still wants to show Minjoo how much she treasures and loves her.

She pulled the girl nearer before locating the remote and turning the TV off.

If Minjoo has to leave tomorrow to meet with her boyfriend then she just has to be the best girlfriend that she can be before she goes away.

 

 

 

YENA entered the said restaurant where her boss/best friend asked her to come. She immediately saw Yujin since the other girl was literally waving both of her hands on high just to get her attention. Yena frowned right after seeing that Yujin was already wasted.

“Miss Ahn!” She yelled as she pulled a seat for herself. “You called me after drinking two bottles of beer all by yourself?”

“HAHAHAHA!” Yujin just laughed. She pulled an empty glass and mixed soju and beer for Yena. “Shut up and just drink. Order whatever you want. It’s all on me!”

“Are you really telling me to drink on a Sunday? We still have work tomorrow!” Yena pretended to oppose the idea but she actually drank the mixed alcohol in one shot right after Yujin gave it to her. She pressed the bell and yelled. “Please give us more gopchang for three people!”

Yujin just shook her head. She mixed more alcohol while biting her lower lip.

“What’s up?” Yena asked. “I can say that the smile pasted on your face is not really about you being happy, right?”

“How can you say that?” Yujin asked, giving Yena another glass. She then raised her glass for some cheers. “I am getting really crazy right now, you see?”

“Cheers~” Yena clangs their glasses before they go for another one shot. “Where’s Wonyoung, though? I thought you would be inviting her out to make up with the ghosting that you did to her last time.”

“Wonyoung?” Yujin repeated followed by a bitter smile. “I tried to call her but it seems like she is busy with her studies. She didn’t even answer my call.”

“Did you text her?” This time, it is Yena pouring drinks for them.

“Of course. I asked her if she could join me for dinner but there was no response at all.” Yujin presented the empty bottles to Yena basically saying that her dinner ended up to this. “I guess she’s still mad about last time.”

“It’s your fault for suddenly ghosting her.” Yena munched one grilled meat. “You even took a half-day off of work just to prepare to meet her but then you suddenly cancelled everything.”

“Stop lecturing me. You’re a bad, bad ghost yourself.” Yujin mocked her which just made Yena’s lips twitch to the side.

The ordered gopchang came and Yena started grilling them. “Why did you cancel it though? You haven’t told me the details yet. After that day you just got all weird. You’re spacing out too much. You keep looking at your phone and you make sure that you get off of work right on time.”

Yena then shrugged her shoulders. “Well, I mean… all of the employees like it because we can also get out without extensions if you are not around but…” Yena pointed at her with the bbq tong. “This is not professional of you.”

The other girl just smiled before brushing her hair backwards. “You see, I am actually dating Minjoo now—”

“ACK!”

Yujin was disgusted when Yena suddenly spit what she was chewing. “What the hell, Yena! That’s so dirty!”

Yena looked at her with surprised eyes. “Stop calling me dirty, Yujin! We all know that girl is about to get married! You are dirtier than me!”

Yujin’s jaw dropped followed by a crazy smile. “Yeah, I guess I am really dirty.”

The other girl shook her head in disbelief. There’s no way Yujin would be dating Minjoo. They haven’t been in touch for years. Minjoo already returned to Yujin the phone that she gave her while they were in university and that just means that everything is over for the both of them even though there was nothing between them in the first place.

Yena also heard from Yujin that she gave away that phone somewhere else and she didn’t even bother to boot it up. Plus, Kim Minjoo getting married is a fact. The girl became a popular radio DJ and she herself even announced her marriage to a guy who also has a good career.

Yeah, maybe Ahn Yujin is just really drunk right now.

“I know you are still into Kim Minjoo and you can’t accept the fact that girlie is getting married but you better wake up from this or you will just ruin your—”

Yena’s speech was halted when Yujin’s phone started ringing. The other girl looked at her phone and showed it to Yena. The latter’s eyes almost bulged out when she read the name of the caller.

“It seems like she already misses me.” Yujin said with a crazy smile before answering the call. Yena rushed to her side to eavesdrop on their conversation.

“Minjoo? Is there something wrong?” Yujin asked.

“Is there supposed to be a problem whenever I call you?” Minjoo chuckled on the other line. “Can’t it be that I just really miss you?”

Yena’s jaw dropped at what she heard. She slapped her face and started counting how many glasses of alcohol she has already taken but she knows well she doesn’t get drunk so fast.

“I thought you were with your boyfriend. Why are you calling me?” Yujin asked, pretending to sound cold.

“We just finished having dinner. He is taking a shower now.”

Yena gasped so hard that she had to cover . Kim Minjoo is getting married but she is also dating Yujin but now she’s with her boyfriend and he is taking a shower! They are in the same place and the guy is taking a shower and that just means one thing! But now she is calling Yujin while waiting for the guy!?

“Do you really have to tell me that?” Yujin asked. Yena can see how much she is trying to force a smile but the girl on the other line just chuckled as if she didn’t inflict Yujin some serious damage.

“I just… really want to hear your voice, that's why I called.”

“She’s crazy!” Yena mouthed while drawing air circles on the side of her head.

“Wait… Why is it noisy? Are you outside?”

“Yeah. I am drinking with a friend.” Yujin answered.

“Drinking again!?” You can hear how hard Minjoo slapped her forehead. “I told you to stop drinking. You are under medication…”

“I am really bored at home. I just thought I just needed some booze.” She grabbed a bottle and started pouring at their glasses. “Are you coming tomorrow?”

Again, Minjoo chuckled. “Of course, I will go to you tomorrow. I will make dinner for you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay then. I will wait for you.”

“Who are you with anyway?” Minjoo threw another question before Yujin could even drop the call.

“My bestfriend / number one slave.”

Yena had to hit Yujin by the shoulder but the girl just brushed her shoulder and didn’t pay her much attention.

“Boy?”

“No. Duck.”

“Hahaha. What’s her name?”

“Choi Yena. Why are you very interested though?”

“Nothing… I just want to know~”

“Alright then.” Yujin raises her glass up but Yena is still surprised by all the happenings that she can’t even grab her glass. “See you tomorrow then?”

“Eung~ See you tomorrow, Yujinie~”

“Eung~”

Yujin ended the call and looked at Yena, her glass still waiting for some clunking. “What are you doing? Let’s drink.”

“You guys are really dating!?” Finally, she let out her voice. “You can’t be real! H-How!?”

Yujin made her hold her glass and forcefully clunk their glasses before emptying her soju glass. “I don’t know what happened. One day I just woke up on her bed—”

“YOU WOKE UP WHERE!?”

“Shut it down, Ducky!” Yujin pulled her back to her seat. “Nothing happened between us. She found me all drunk at Han River and helped me.”

“Wow!” Yena gasped. “Look at what being drunk can do to you! It even led you to her!”

“I told you to keep it dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter