The Beginning

The Restaurant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Someday, I want to open an italian restaurant and I will make all of the guests eat with a smile plestered on their faces, just like My Minjoo right now," The man said as he wiped the spaghetti sauce on the corner his little girl's lips. He smiled happily, showing his indian dimples. 

The little girl gave out an innocent smile, also showing her indian dimples which she got from her father. "Then I will be the waiter!" she exclaimed joyfully, raising her fork to the air which made her father chuckled. 

"Minjoo-ah, I think what you meant is waitress," he said, brushing his daughter's hair. 

......

Minjoo walked as fast as she could, fighting the heat of Seoul's summer as she wiped the sweat flowing down from her temple. She had finished her shift at the convenience store earlier and quickly rushed home since she was already late. It was a really hot summer and unlike most of her friends who were spending their summer break relaxing in Heundae Beach in Busan or simply stay in their homes and do nothing, she had to work her part time job in the convenience store and helped her dad at home with the restaurant. Yes, her dad had managed to open his own italian restaurant four years ago but the business did not run so well because it was really tough competing with tons of hip and new restaurants in the business district of Seoul. They used to have four employees at first but it was getting tough to give them their paychecks every month so Mr. Kim had to cut them down and it was just the two of them now. That was why it was really a blessing when Minjoo managed to get a scholarship for her outstanding academic performance when she entered the university. But she still had to work several part time jobs to save money in case of emergency. 

The brunette stopped walking as soon as she arrived in front of a small restaurant at the corner of the street with a big "Via Della Pace" sign on it. It means way of peace in Italian. She had been living there ever since she was born and it was one of the happiest moments of her life when her dad turned their downstairs to his own italian restaurant since their home was quiet spacious as it was originally owned by her grandparents before they passed away. Minjoo tilted her head in confusion when she saw a close sign on the door. She looked at wriswatch and it showed that it was already 12 o'clock. Why was the restaurant not open yet when her dad said that it will open exactly at 11. She walked to the door and opened it and saw no one. She then walked over to the kitchen, ready to nag on her father.

"Appa? If the restaurant is closed again, we'll gonna have to completely ru- oh?" Minjoo raised her brows upon seeing a tall figure wearing a chef uniform checking the pantry, and the person was just too slender to be her dad. So she walked closer to see who it was. Maybe a relative? But they don't have any relatives living in Seoul.

"Nuguse-yo?" the brunette asked, making the person turned around and stared at her. Minjoo widened her eyes when she realized that the person standing by the pantry was a girl when she thought it was a guy judging from the person's tall body and broad shoulders. 

"Ah Minjoo-ah, you're home" Suddenly Mr. Kim emerged from the bathroom and walked over to the kitchen. "Yujin-ah, this is the daughter I told you about, Minjoo-ah, say hello, this is Ahn Yujin, she'll be working with us at our restaurant from now on," 

Minjoo turned to look at her father, not quiet sure if it was a good decision to hire an additional chef since they could not afford to pay them a compatible paycheck. She then turned over to have a second look at the Ahn Yujin person and couldn't help but feel uncertain. She looked so young. She might be younger than her by at least two years. Maybe she's a culinary student? That was why her dad could afford to pay her?

"Minjoo-ah? What are you doing? Say hello to our new chef," Mr. Kim woke Minjoo up from her thoughts. The brunette immediately bowed to the person. 

"Hello, I'm Kim Minjoo, let's get along well," she said, holding her hand out as she smiled but the latter just nodded without giving a sign that she would shake the brunette's hand. 

"Ahn Yujin Imnida," She replied shortly, then going back to check the pantry. 

Minjoo turned to look at her dad in disbelief. Why would he hire someone as rude as this Yujin person. Her dad just gave her a nonchalant stare which made the brunette more frustated. She took a deep breath, trying to be as nice as she could because she didn't want to ruin today's mood since they had to open the restaurant.

"Okay, then let's open the restaurant," she said, ready to head upstairs to put on her uniform but got stopped in midstep by her dad.

"The restaurant will be closed for a while since Yujin and I had to discuss about rebranding, so just take a day off for today, my daughter must be tired of working on summer break," Mr. Kim said to his daughter, giving a reassuring smile.

"Ah? Really? Okay then," Minjoo nodded reluctantly to her dad and bowed one last time to Yujin eventhough the tall girl didn't even pay any attention to her as she was too busy doing something in the pantry.

....

Minjoo laid on her bed after taking a shower. It was really hot that day so she kept fanning herself with her dad's newspaper she found in the living room. She was indeed tired after working her morning shift at the convenience store but she couldn't rest well since this Yujin person and her dad were still bothering her mind. She just felt like there was something really off with that person and how her dad was hiring an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter