Epilogue2

😀😀😀

The Beginning of RoseKook 02
Truth Or Dare  02/02

 

Jungkook couldn't forget what Chaeyoung said that night and it was almost 3 days after he knew that Chaeyoung wanted to have a relationship. He couldn't give her what she wanted but he also couldn't let her have a relationship.

 

He kept thinking about that problem. Yeah, he counted it as a problem, a big one.

 

"Hey... Where's Chaeyoung?" Jaehyun, one of his best friend suddenly sat next to him and ate the fries that started to cold and uncrisp.

 

"With Lisa"

 

"Ohh... Will she come?"

 

"Dude! We know that she spends her break time with Lisa, not me!"

 

"Wow calm down, dude. I'm just asking" Jaehyun was a bit taken aback when Jungkook suddenly acted weird. He didn't know why Jungkook suddenly raised his voice, just like his mother who wanted him to stop playing a video game. "I haven't seen you with her lately, so I ask. That's it"

 

"Sorry, Jae"

 

"Nah... Nevermind. Are you on your period?"

 

"It's not funny, Jae"

 

"I'm just kidding, dude. You're weird, what happens?"

 

"Hh... Nothing" He almost gave up, his head hung low and he didn't even have an appetite to eat his already cold fries.
"Yaaa! Jae!!!"

 

"What the fff-. Why are you shouting? I almost got a heart attack!" Jaehyun was startled when Jungkook suddenly hit the canteen table and held both Jaehyun's shoulders. His eyes that suddenly changed from the sullen one to the sparkling eyes.

 

Jungkook's eyes suddenly looked alive, as he suddenly has a hope to continue his life. Not forget to mention his two front teeth that looked like rabbit teeth also completed his sudden happy look.

 

"Jae... Don't you like Chaeyoung?"

 

"I do, why?"

 

"Do you want to have a date with her? I can set it up for you"

 

"Pft... We know she hates me, Kook. I ruined her paintings that she wanted to send to a competition, remember?"

 

It was true that Chaeyoung really hated Jaehyun for his stupid unintentional mistake in the past. Jaehyun wanted to give her a tube of black paint but he tripped to someone's bag, and the tube that he held squeezed out to her canvas. Ruined the almost done Seoul's portrait.

 

Jaehyun really liked Chaeyoung, who wouldn't? A cheerful girl with a pretty face, kind behavior, beauty heart, and also a smart brain. But because of his stupid mistake, he never thought for a date with Chaeyoung, she didn't even reply his greets for the past 4 months.

 

"I can make it happens. Do you believe in me?"

 

"Are you sure if it's okay? I mean... You know"

 

"Ohh, common Jae. Believe me. You'll have your chance"

 

Jaehyun was a bit unsure about his idea. Don't get him wrong, he'd love to have a date with Chaeyoung, it was like one of his bucket lists. But he also didn't want to make everything even more awkward between them.

 

But only by imagining it, it was enough to thrill his heart. Never once that chance came into his head and Jungkook just made it possible for him.

 

"You're really the best, Kook. Thank you, I really owe you. Let me know when and where's the date, okay. Asap!"

 

Jungkook knew how much she didn't like Jaehyun, and with her having a date with him will surely erase all her curiosity about having a relationship. He was almost a hundred percent sure that they will mess up their date. Jungkook wasn't ready to lose his best friend, yet. Not that time.

 

Jungkook left the canteen and walked to Chaeyoung's class. And there she was, reading a fashion magazine with one of her best friend, Lisa.

 

"Chaeng... I have a surprise for you, you'd love it" He casually pulled the chair and sat right in front of her.

 

"I'm fine, Jungkook. Thanks for asking" Lisa was really annoyed with him, he always like that, acted like she was invisible every break time. It probably because Chaeyoung would spend her break time fully with Lisa and not with him.

 

"Ohh... I didn't see you. Nice hair, by the way"

 

"Pft... I don't do anything to my hair today" Lisa annoyedly flipped the magazine pages.


"Ohh... Okay. I'm just making small talk to you either"

"Yaaa!!! Coconut head, you're so annoying!" Lisa was so annoyed with Jungkook so she chose to leave them two alone, they never had a good relationship since they fought for who'll hang out with Chaeyoung every Saturday night.

"Jungkook-ahh... Can't you just make up with her?"

"I didn't do anything, Chaeng. She probably in her period so she's being too sensitive" He shrugged to her idea, never once in his thought he would raise a white flag with Lisa, never.

"Hhh... What surprise that you talked earlier?"

"Ahh... You know, about what you told me at the Han river. You said that you want to have a relationship, right?"

"Uhuh" She didn't understand what his next sentences would be because sometimes Jungkook can come with the greatest idea, and sometimes he'll come with the tiest idea that ever appeared. Like having a dance cover at the haunted house. That was literally his challenge a few months ago and end up with the crying Chaeyoung.

"I set you for a date, with a guy, which a heartthrob in our school. Isn't it cool? You should thank me, Chaeng"

"Really? With who? Junhoe? Oh my God... I'm so excited Kookie-ahh" Chaeyoung was so happy to know that she will have her first official date in her life, especially if it's Junhoe, the one that she'd been looked for months. Jungkook was definitely her lifesaver.

"Mwo? Junhoe? No... It's Jaehyun... The dimples guy. He has lots of fans but yet he chose you. It's cool, isn't it? He'll drive you home later, maybe he'll take you to somewhere fancy to eat. I don't know"

"Yaaa, pabo-ahh! You know I hate him, why'd you even set me up with him?"

"Aish, just try. Nothing's wrong with him, he's a nice guy"

Jungkook could only caress his arm that she hit. She was so annoyed with Jungkook at the moment. If Lisa hates Jungkook, then she hates Jaehyun as much as Lisa hates Jungkook.

"Oh, come on... It's a dare. So? Would you do it?" He pushed the heart shape pebble to Chaeyoung. As she darted her eyes to him, she could immediately saw he annoyingly wiggled his arched brow. "So? Chaeyoung is a loser?"

"Aishhh... Fine! It'd be the first and the last time I go out with him!"

Jungkook was so persistence with his idea. It was already several minutes since he convinced her that it wouldn't be a bad idea because Jaehyun was one of the most wanted boys in school along with him and Junhoe, the triple J.

More than everyone knew she would hate the date in the end. He was a hundred percent sure about that. In the end, he would be the winner. He wouldn't lose his best friend and also helped her to have her first trial to has a relationship in her life.

💙

 

It's been really annoying for the past four days for Jungkook. His rival was added. Not only Lisa but now Jaehyun was also there to get her attention.

 

He never thought that his idea would bring a worse impact on their friendship. Chaeyoung would spend her break time with Lisa and go home with Jaehyun, it was always like that for the past four days. And when he drove her home after their additional tutoring, all she talked about was about how smart Jaehyun is, how cute Jaehyun could be and also about her misunderstanding of him for the past couple months.

 

Actually, Jaehyun wanted to fetch her from the additional tutoring class. But their routine with Jungkook shouldn't be changed. She didn't want him to think that she's changed since she knew Jaehyun. Jungkook was her priority after all.

 

And as usual, they were spending their Saturday night together. Sat on the one of their favorite restaurant, the kimchi jiggae restaurant.

 

Jungkook usually would talk a lot, but he didn't at that time. He mostly just stirred his kimchi jiggae and spaced out. Not even when Chaeyoung talked to him, it was probably because what she was talking about was mostly about Jaehyun, again...


"Kook... You're not listening to me"

"Ohh, sorry. What did you say?"

"Jaehyun... I think I like him" She was a bit shy to say that, moreover to her best friend / her Cupid. Her chubby cheeks that flushed when she said it just made him more annoyed than before. He already tried himself to act normal but he couldn't in the end.

"He doesn't like you, don't eat his bait. You'll only break your heart, Chaeng"

"I think he likes me. Even Lisa said it too"

"Aishh... That girl. What'd she knows though? I'm his friend, I know everything about him"

"But you said that he's a nice person and he likes me"

"Aishhhhhh!!! It's so annoying. Can we just stop talking about him? Please!"

He might seem polite with his 'please' but his intonation just spoke up the opposite way. It was demanding and somehow sounded really cold and unfriendly.

He noticed that Chaeyoung turned quiet after that and he knew that he was the one who made her uncomfortable with all the situation between themselves.

"Sorry"

"Do you know that you're weird lately, Kook?" She folded her arms and straightly looked into his eyes. And there it ways, his two brown eyes that deeply stared into hers. She really wanted to win that steering fight with him, but he was way too powerful. His stare strangely has an impact on her and she didn't want to show it to him.

"Chaeng... Do you bring the pebble? It's been four days and you haven't challenged me this week"

"Pebble? Wait" Her confusion immediately turned into an excitement. In no time they will come back the fun RoseKook again. She wanted to forget all the cold atmosphere surround them at that moment. All she wanted was having a fun and thrilling Saturday night with her best friend.

"Truth or dare?" She asked while pushing the pebble to him. She was already thinking about what would she ask him to do at that moment, she even thought to make him dance a girl group song in the middle of the street, shirtless. But it will only benefit him, he would instantly increase his fans, and she didn't want that to happen.

"Truth"

"Okay... I was thinking to make you dance shirtless but it will....." She didn't even notice that it was a truth at first but she did, even if it was kinda a bit late.  "Wait, what? Truth? Are you sure that you choose truth over a dare? You're a coward, Jungkook-ahh?" She still thought he was kidding at first, because if he wasn't... It would be the first truth of their truth or dare game. "Yaaa! Jeon ing Jungkook. I'm not kidding, chose properly. Truth or dare"

"No... I'm serious, Chaeng... I want the truth this time"

"Hh, it's weird but it's okay. Wait... I'm thinking of what question that I should-" She was still thinking of what question she should ask for Jungkook. she couldn't think properly because Jungkook was already.

"I think I like you, or even worse... I love you, Chaeng"

She froze for real when she heard his confession, who wouldn't when your best friend told you that he loves you in the most not romantic way?

To be really honest, she was afraid. Afraid of what kind of friendship that they will have after that confession of him.

He pushed the heart-shaped pebble back to her. Still, with his piercing eyes that pricked down her focus, he firmly asked, "Chaeyoung...  Truth or dare?"

"Truth..." She was a bit unsure but she really wanted to follow where he'll lead them to be.

"Do you love me too?" She tried to sense a bit of joke in his question but it was nowhere to be heard.

"Okay, Jungkook... You're kidding, right?"

"How can I'm kidding? It's real and I'm asking you. Do you have the same feeling for me too?"

"It's not funny, Kook. I change it to be a dare because a truth is only for the loser, right? And I'm not a loser like you" It was so weird that he said and asked her that. Despite her racing heart that almost exploded, she succeeded to keep the air of her face calm. Not showing any fluttered that she felt at that moment.

As much as she wanted to believe what he said, she was afraid if Jungkook just pranked her with that stupid confession. Pft... Where should she hide her face if she ate all the prank bait that he threw?

"Are you sure to change it into a dare? It's all your responsibility to do it in the end"

"I am sure"

Chaeyoung wasn't really the type of person who would change what she decided. It was really weird, how can her best friend just conveyed his love towards her that calm.

"I change it! I want a dare"

"You won't regret, right?"

"Of course... What's the challenge, Kook?" She was really hyped up with all the possible challenge they could do together.

"Simple, start from now, you're my girlfriend"

"What? I am what?" She was so confused, a moment ago she was still single and that time after she reconfirmed about the situation.

"Since a few seconds ago. So, you're my girlfriend"

END