Ending

😀😀😀

Chaeyoung walked to the backyard bench of her university, the place where she used to sit with Jungkook during their college.

She wasn't sure about all of these but once she saw Jungkook who sat there with his iconic basic white t-shirt, she was sure about her decision. It was now or everything would be more and more complicated than before.

"Chaeng... You come" Jungkook abruptly woke from his seat and hugged her once she stood right in front of him.

"Your bruises are worsened, Kook"

"Its nothing, seriously. So? What'd you think about my offer? We'll run away, right? You and me?" His eyes were full of hope and seeing how Chaeyoung was smiling to him was enough for the answer. Everything was clear that she was his.

"Do you want to walk around, Kook? I've never come to here since I graduate" She took his arm, roaming around the campus while linking hands like how they used to do during their college.

"It changed a lot in here, isn't it? There's used to be a free space but now it's a parking lot"

"Yeah... Everything's change, Chaeng"

"Do you remember that I used to wait for you soccer practice there?"

"Of course, you're the sweetest girlfriend that ever exist. You're always waiting for me with a bottle of cold isotonic water and a dry towel every Friday. Even my teammates were jealous of me, thanks to you"

Jungkook's smile grew wider and wider, it was what he always proud of Chaeyoung. She was always the sweetest girl that ever come into his life, their three years of relationship was one of the best moment in his life. Chaeyoung never even once betrayed him, nor let him down. All she did was there by his side. And now, she was his again.

"Yeah... I used to be always by your side, Kook"

They arrived at the art club building, it was near to the canteen and Jungkook used to wait for her there, patiently waiting while eating his afternoon snack. Sometimes he peeked through the window just to see what she did at that time, he did that if he couldn't hold his longing for her. Cheesy, right?

The art club was where she loved to spent her time. Her drawing of Jungkook was still there, heaped up by some dusty canvases. She tried to dust it off and his picture could immediately be seen.

"Kook... Do you remember this?"

"Yeah... You literally asked me to not moving for 5 hours, Chaeng. How could I forget" Jungkook hugged her from behind, placed his chin on her shoulder. "But thankfully the picture came out really good. You're a really good artist"

"No... It's because it's you that I drew, so it came out good"

"I'm so happy that we're together again, Chaeng. You couldn't imagine how happy I am right now"

"We have too many memories in this place, aren't we?" She started to feel a knot in her heart, it clenched into a really hurtful feeling. She wanted to cry but she did her best to hold it back.

"Mostly beautiful memories, right?"

"I met Chanwoo a couple months ago, do you remember him?"

He suddenly felt the fear chewed up his happiness. That name, Chanwoo, the person who made her to leave him. He hated that name, that person. He didn't want her to remember that part of their past.

"Chanwoo, my junior on art club. Do you remember him?" She released his arms that looped around her waist and walked a little farther from him.

"Okay... Why do you want to talk about him? Of course, I do remember him. There's no point to talk about him. The past is the past, we have to forget it and move on. Live our life right now. You and me, Chaeng"

His pulse beat much faster than before. He was scared, he was afraid of losing her again. His palms began to sweat and he also tried his best to avoid her unreadable gaze as much as he could.

"He just protected me, Kook" Her voice sounded so painful. Reminiscing their worst moment, dug in every detail of the reason why they broke up was indeed really painful. That moment wasn't her favorite, how could it be when her loving boyfriend called her with those inappropriate words?

"Chanwoo just covered me from the canvases that fell and you saw it. I already tried to explain it to you, but what did you do to him? You almost punched him, Kook"

"Can we not talk about this? For God's sake, it's in the past, Chaeng" His voice began to rise. He was always like that, raised his voice whenever he was cornered.

"But fortunately, you didn't because I already stood there in front of him. Your fist was an inch away from my face, Kook"

"Chaeng... Please..." Jungkook was standing in front of Chaeyoung, took both of her hands in his. His eyes screamed apologize as she remained smiling. Yes, she was smiling, but he could clearly see that her smile was filled with the pain.

"You said that I'm a cheater and Chanwoo has to broke up with his girlfriend because of all your misunderstandings"

"I know I was an idiot, but I change, Chaeng"

"You called me a , Kook"

"I'm sorry, Chaeng. I was an idiot for not trusting you, I was a fool. I was very angry when I saw him hugged you, I was afraid if you were cheating behind my back. I'm sorry but it's all only because I love you, Chaeng"

"Jungkook... If you believed in me, the story might be different. We probably organized our wedding by now" She shed the tears that about to fell from her eyes.

If she has to be honest, she often imagined getting married to Jungkook. Having a small family with a son and two daughters. But the reality was way different from what she imagined.

"You know what's funny, Kook? You said I'm a cheater. And here I am, cheating behind my fiancee. You said I'm a , Lisa called that me too. All you said are coming true, Kook. I'm a cheater and a by now"

"Forgive me, Chaeng. I didn't mean to call you that, I swear"

"I forgive you already. But I love Taehyung oppa"

"But you love me too. I love you more than he loves you, Chaeng. You're mine. I was stupid back then but I change, I swear I won't repeat the same mistake ever again. I love you, Chaeng"

Junkook was so devastated at that time. How could life be that cruel? How could his happiness vanish within seconds? He just didn't understand why he deserved such a worst fate like that.

He broke down on his knee. He already cried at that moment. With his arms that looped around her waist, he rested his head on her stomach. He lamented all his stupid entrust to her, all his stupid words that came out from his lips, he regretted all of that.

"Please be with me, Chaeng. Forget the past and let's start over. We have to live in the present and I swear, I swear to God that I will treat you better"

"Jungkook... You're right, we have to live in the present and forget the past. But my present is with Taehyung oppa"

She really wanted to his hair and calmed his cries down, but she couldn't do that. Because she knew, the second she touched him, that would be the moment where her heart defenses collapsed.

She loves Jungkook but she also already firmed with her heart. Taehyung, he's the man she loves. Taehyung was her present and leaving him would be the biggest mistake she'll ever choose if she chose Jungkook over Taehyung.

She didn't want to cry either, it will only show him how fragile her decision was. She didn't want him to think that he still has a chance.

It was breaking her heart but if only someone looked at how they were at that moment, that person might think that she was the heartless who ditched her boyfriend over another man.

"Kook... I used to love you and I still love you. But like you said, we have to forget our past. Everything has its own time, and my time with you is over. Let me live my life with Taehyung oppa"

"But I love you. I can't live, Chaeng"

"You can. I know you can. You're fine living your life without me for the past 7 years and I know you can do the same for the future"

"Please... Give me a chance" His broken hoarse whisper sent guilt over her body.

She felt the same, she's just as broken as Jungkook, and even with Taehyung who probably broke down alone at that moment.

After a while, she could finally convince herself. She gathered all her courage to get off of his hugged and kneeled down on her knee to equate their eyes for the last time, their last moment as a lover.
His eyes were the eyes that she never saw before. The tear marks that he never showed to anybody in this world were there, it was there for her.

"Be happy, Kook"

It might seem cruel that she left him there alone. But Taehyung was what she thought that time. Her fiance who stupidly let her go. Her fiance who didn't fight for her just because he was afraid to make her feel forced.

She stopped the first cab she saw and immediately asked the driver to drive her to Taehyung's apartment.

She cursed every time she stuck at the traffic lights. "Ajushi... Can you drive faster, please?" She impatiently asked the driver everytime they passed the traffic.

She already tried to call him, for countless times she tried and for countless times also her call being diverted.

She hoped that he was there at his apartment because if he didnt, she didn't have any idea where he could be.

As she typed down his apartment passcode, she welcomed by him staring at his cognac bottle that was almost half empty.

His wistful eyes that dropped upon his engagement ring looked so pathetic.  He was reminiscing about all their memories, he thought happiness would never exist in his life.

For the first time after he lost his parents, he thought he finally found someone who loves him, someone who'll share their old ages together. But what he thought would never happen because Chaeyoung was already happy with Jungkook.

He didn't aware of his surrounding, he was too absorbed with his broken heart but not until he felt a touch on his lips.

The familiar touch, the familiar taste, the familiar smell of the person who kissed him, Chaeyoung.

He was too drowned by the sincerity that Chaeyoung gave at their kisses. It spoke all her guilt, long, apologize, and also her love for him.

As she parted their lips, they rested their forehead against each other. Both of them was still closing their eyes and catching breaths when she confessed all her feelings to him.

"I'm a , I'm a . I probably don't deserve you in my life. But I love you, oppa. I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for cheat-"

She couldn't finish her confession because Taehyung already took her lips again, savored all the taste of their rough kisses again before she finished talking.

"Don't say it, Chae. I don't want to hear that and I don't want you to say it either"

"I love you, oppa. You're the one I want to spend my life with"

"But... Jungk..."

"I love you, I'm stupid, please forgive me. I beg you oppa, please, accept me again"

"Chae... Listen. I don't want you to choose me because you're forced. I love you enough to let you go with him if he could make you happy. That's all matters for me"

"No... You're the person who can make me happy, you're the only person who can complete me. Oppa... I love you, please give me a chance to fix my fault"

"Then that's all that matters to me" He took her into his embrace, rested his face on his favorite place in this world, the crook of her neck.

If words could describe how he felt at that moment, it would be happy and grateful. But what he felt at that moment was way more than that.
Relieved that finally covered their heart was taking all the weight from their shoulders.

"Thank you for choosing me, Chae. I love you"

END