Chapter 9

The Stray District

“I’m sorry? I don’t think I heard you right…” Seungmin rarely ever raises his voice, but at times like this, he can’t help it. “Did you just say that you three let NCT kidnap the two most important people of this District?!”

Changbin, Han and Hyunjin sit inside District 9’s base, all three with an ice pack on the back of their heads. They had recently just woken up to a massive headache and to find both Lee Know and you gone. Changbin had pulled up the security footage to see the members of Dream knock them out and kidnap both leaders. As soon as they found this out, the three Stray Kids contacted District 9 to tell them the news.

“It’s not our ing fault they broke in and caught us off guard.” Han glares at the Drug Lord.

“Maybe you guys should be better trained so you know when your own base is being taken over!” Felix throws his hands up, furious at the current situation.

Changbin snaps at Felix. “If you hadn’t taken the one person who pays attention to the security cameras, we wouldn’t be in this damn mess, now would we.”

“If ANYTHING happens to her, you’re all ing dead!”

Changbin narrows his eyes, “is that a threat?”

Felix growls, “that’s a ing promise, you prick.” He rolls up his sleeves and lunges at Changbin, but is caught by Woojin before his fist could make contact.

“That is enough! Now, we are all in the same situation and we all need to work together to get those two back!” He turns to Felix and Seungmin. “I would much rather have had Y/N in the hands of Stray Kids than NCT. They are the worst of the worst. So all of you, knock it off and get along for the sake of our leaders!” He snaps at the lot of boys in the living room.

“We picked up Lee Know’s track,” I.N and Chan walk into the room holding up Chan’s phone. “They’re in the old warehouse where the city used to keep their blueprints.”

Felix shoots out of his chair, grabbing his leather jacket. “Well, let’s go then.”

“Hold your horses,” I.N stops Felix. “We can’t just walk in there. It looks like Chenle was able to reboot the lights and some of the old security system. We need to hack into the system to take it down or we will be at a disadvantage.”

Hyunjin raises a brow. “Well? Can you do it or is it too complex for your little brain to handle?”

I.N shoots a glare at Hyunjin. “Of course I can. But, it’s an old school system which means I need to hook up my phone to the electric boxes to shut it down. Which are physically on the outside of the building.”

Woojin sighs and runs a hand through his hair. “We need to wait til dusk to go, I.N needs the cover of night.” He grabs his pistol from the table and holsters it. “We leave in an hour. Here’s the plan-”

~~~

You breathe heavy, your body in severe pain from the malicious harm it’s taken from Jisung and Chenle. You raise your eyes to the two boys standing in front of you, a hard glare set on your face. Stretching your neck, you wince from the pain that appeared after Chenle had choked you, leaving two large bruises. However, that didn’t come close to the pain in your thighs where Jisung had sliced through your skin with his blade.

“Is that all you got?” You speak up with a hoarse voice. Damn, Chenle really did a number on your throat

“Y/N, stop! Don’t antagonize them or it might get worse.” Lee Know looks at you, eyes flooded with concern at your current state. He never knew how much he’d hate to see you in pain until this moment. It took every ounce of his will power not to give them the information they want every time they hurt you.

Jisung raises a brow, twirling his knife around his fingers. “Oh, we aren’t even close to being done, babygirl.” He nods to Chenle, who exits the room for a brief moment before returning, a metal rod in his hands. Your eyes widen as you see the end of it. The metal at the end spelled out the word ‘Dream’ in cursive letters.

And it was white hot.

You struggle against your binds, your current pain forgotten as you try to get away from the boy. Chenle hands Jisung the metal rod, a smirk plastered across his face. Jisung tilts his head, scanning you from head to toe. “Now, where should I mark you?”

You growl, your eyes narrowing further. “You ing wouldn’t.”

Jisung’s thoughtful look turns into a wicked smile. “Oh, I would.”

He walks around to your back and within a split second, he presses the hot brand against the cold skin of your shoulder. You felt a searing pain shoot through your shoulder, and you almost want to scream in agony. Instead, you bite your lip so hard you split the skin, causing blood to dribble down your chin. A second later, Jisung takes the metal rod off of your shoulder and you finally let out your held breath. Jisung hands Chenle the metal rod and he takes it back out of the room.

Haechan chuckles and walks up to you, running a finger across your now branded skin. You hiss in pain at his touch. “Now you truly belong to the Dreamies, my dear.” He walks to your front and grips your chin harshly with his pointer and thumb, forcing you to gaze upon his beautiful face. He his lips and gives you a dark smirk. “Renjun will be pleased, as am I.”

All while this was happening, Lee Know kept tugging and trying to loosen his ropes, seething next to you. “She will never belong to you! She is the leader of District 9 and my girlfriend.” He pulls at his ropes, suddenly feeling them loosen. He keeps a straight face, as to not raise suspicion. “When I get out of here, the lot of you are ing dead.”

You rip your head away from Haechan’s grip, your lips twitch into a smile upon hearing Lee Know call you his girlfriend. You strain your sore neck up to see Taeyong sitting in the corner, a smirk plastered across his face. It made you sick to your stomach knowing he’s enjoying this.

Suddenly, there’s a loud bang coming from outside the room. Taeyong’s smirk disappears and an alert expression replaces it. He gestures to Jeno and Chenle to follow him, leaving you and Lee Know with Jisung, Jaemin and Haechan, who are currently huddled by the door, listening and alert.

You suddenly feel a hand grip yours. You turn to Lee Know to see him looking at you, concern written all over his face. “Y/N, are you okay?”

You lace your fingers with his, finding slight comfort in his touch. “Y-yeah. Just in some severe pain.” You squeeze his hand lightly. “How did you get loose?”

He lowers his voice. “I tend to have a knack for getting out of tight situations. With you not being able to fight, though, I can’t let them know I was able to release myself.” The two of you hear another bang, causing the three Dreamies left to flinch. Lee Know smiles. “However, I don’t think we need to worry about that anymore.”

You furrow your brows in confusion and open your mouth to ask why but are soon cut off as the door to the room busts open. Relief floods your emotions as you see Felix and Hyunjin bust into the room, ready to fight.

“Y/N!” Felix yells, happy to see you’re still alive, however in pain.

“Hell no, you aren’t taking her away from us.” Jaemin hisses, lunging at Felix. A fight breaks out between Felix, Hyunjin, Jaemin, Jisung and Haechan.

With the three Dreamies distracted, Lee Know moves quickly. He unties his legs from the chair and moves behind you, untying your arms. He then reaches for your legs, finally releasing you from your binds. You try to stand up but your legs give out from the amount of searing pain you’re in. Lee Know reacts quickly, catching you in his arms.

“Hey, baby, are you okay? Can you walk?”

You grab the back of the chair and steady yourself, standing up on wobbly legs. “It’ll take me a second but I think I’ll be fine.”

“How the did you two escape?” Jaemin growls, making his way to you and Lee Know, while Hyunjin and Felix are locked in combat with Jisung and Haechan.

Lee Know pushes you gently behind him, blocking Jaemin from reaching you. “You just at tying people up, I guess. Now, get out of my way. Y/N needs medical attention, we’re leaving.”

Jaemin sneers, his eyes sizing up Lee Know. “In your Dreams, Lee. You’re not going anywhere, especially with something that now belongs to us.” Jaemin eyes you and sends you a wink. You gag and roll your eyes, trying your best not to show yourself in pain.

“Over my dead ing body.” Lee Know growls, shoving Jaemin backwards.

Jaemin glowers at Lee Know at the contact. He raises his fist and punches Lee Know in the jaw, causing him to stagger backwards. And that’s when a full on brawl breaks out between the leader of Stray Kids and Jaemin of Dream. You see a blur of fists flying, blood dripping and bruises appearing. You wanted more than anything to jump in and help, but you knew you’d just be getting in the way with your injuries.

You suddenly hear a gunshot out in the hall causing all fighting between everyone to come to a halt. Lee Know takes this opportunity to send a fist flying at Jaemin’s face, knocking him down and out. He shakes his fist and winces slightly. You take his hand in yours and kiss his knuckles, causing his eyes to soften.

The door bursts open once again, revealing Woojin, Changbin, Han and Seungmin. By that time, Haechan and Jisung were also knocked out, but not without all the boys sustaining injuries themselves. Woojin takes one look at you before bolting and pulling you into his arms. You wince in pain but hug him back.

“Y/N, are you okay? What did they do to you?” He looks you over, growling once he notices the gashes on your thighs and bruises around your neck. “I’ll ing kill them.”

Seungmin and Felix also run to you, checking you over, as Changbin, Han and Hyunjin make their way to Lee Know, checking up on him. Both you and Lee Know glance at each other, a relieved smile upon both your faces. Woojin glances between the two of you, noticing this exchange and chuckles.

“Why are you laughing?” you narrow your eyes at your Weapons specialist. He shakes his head with a smile.

“Seems like the two of you finally told the other how you feel.”

Your eyes almost pop out of your head. “You mean, you knew?”

Hyunjin rolls his eyes. “We all knew. It was pretty ing obvious from the start. Took you guys long enough.”

Lee Know winks at you, a cocky smile appearing. A blush dusts your face, but you smile softly. You hear a groan come from one of the Dream members, causing you to snap to attention.

“We need to tie up the three boys here before they come to. The last thing we need is for one of them to wake up. Woojin, Seungmin.” You snap your fingers gesturing to Jaemin who you saw twitch. The two boys nod and take the rope you were previously bound in to tie up your kidnappers.

“Grab Haechan and Jisung.” Lee Know nods at Changbin, Hyunjin and Han, motioning for them to grab the other rope and follow him.

Felix turns to you, caressing your face. “Are you sure you’re alright?” worry laced his features.

You smile and grab his hand, holding it in yours. “I’m alright, Lix. Please, I’m the leader of District 9 for crying out loud.” Your legs shake on and off, causing Felix to furrow his brows.

“You need to see a doctor, Boss. We can’t let those cuts get infected.”

“Don’t worry, I will once we are out of here.” You pat the boy’s head, his lips twitching up into a smile.

Before anything else could be said, you hear a loud bang coming from the doorway. You look up to see Taeyong standing in the doorway, leaning against the door frame. His eyes are ferocious, wild. He lifts up a shaky hand, a gun aimed towards you.

“This isn’t over, ! You haven’t won yet!”

Your eyes wide, fear flashes through them. You don’t have time to move, you can’t with your current injuries. So you do what you can and brace yourself.

The next few moments happen in slow motion. You hear the shot ring out, the trigger pulled. You blink, waiting for you to feel the pain, the cold feeling of death. But it never comes. The only thing you see is a blur of a body jump in front of you and soon after, crumple to the floor.

The next second is dead silence, except for the sounds of your deafening scream. Because in that moment, your entire world-

Stopped.

“FELIX!”