Chapter 6

The Stray District

“Mmmm.”

Your eyes narrow towards Changbin, who hasn’t stopped staring at you for the last 10 minutes. You tried everything from making silly faces to blowing him kisses, nothing has phased the bodyguard.

“Okay, you’ve been staring at me for the last 10 minutes. What?” You growl at the younger male.

He gestures towards the tray of food sitting on the floor in front of you. “I was wondering if you planned on eating this anytime soon.”

You raise a brow and tug on your hands, which were still tied up behind you. “Yeah, I would if I could. But I’m kind of tied up at the moment. So you’re either going to have to untie my hands or feed me yourself.” You wiggle your eyebrows suggestively.

The boy blushes, realizing you really couldn’t move your hands. He stands up, brushing his pants off. “If I untie you are you going to try to run?”

“Do you really think I’m that stupid to run? You guys took away my pistols and I have no chance of fighting you in hand to hand combat.” You tilt your head. “Unless you want Han to come and do your job, with him I might have a chance at escaping.”

Like magic, the devil himself poked his head through the door. “I heard my name.”

You shake your head in disbelief, muttering to yourself. “Of course you ing did.”

Han walks in and up to you, his head tilted. “Is my sweet Y/N warming up to me? Have you fallen for my charms yet?”

You roll your eyes, scoffing. “In your ing dreams, .”

Han snatches your face in his hand, squeezing your cheeks together. His raises a brow threateningly, a crazed look in his eye. “What did you just say to me, babygirl?”

You growl low at the boy, not liking the current position you were in. “Get your ing hands off me, Han.”

He moves his hand from your cheeks to your throat, giving it a squeeze. “Why should I? You’re my prisoner, I can do what I wish.” He chuckles. “You seemed to like this position anyway, my dear. Remember how you were getting when Lee Know had his hand around your throat?”

You grit your teeth. “ing bite me, you prick.”

This comment made Han’s crazed look turn into a dark smirk. “I’d love to.”

“Alright, that’s enough, kid! You’re too young to be talking like this.” Changbin grabs Han by the back of the shirt collar before dragging him from you.

Han’s smirk turns into a pout, almost looking babyish. “Awe, Binnie. You’re no fun.”

Changbin rolls his eyes before walking back to you. You raise a brow. “Damn, that was a whole 360.”

“He’s slightly psychotic, what do you expect.” Changbin walks behind you, untying the knots that bound your hands.

Han’s jaw drops. “You’re untying her?! But she’s our hostage!”

“Would you shut up? She needs to eat and it’s either she eats it herself or someone feeds her.”

Han’s face brightens at the comment. “Oh, I’ll feed her!”

As soon as your wrists were free, you rotate them to get the feeling back. You turn your glare up to the boy who just had his hands on you. “You come near me again, I’ll rip your throat out.”

Han glances at your untied hands and laughs awkwardly, “Changbin wouldn’t let you hurt me.”

“Yeah I would.”

Han shoots a glare over at Changbin before walking out of the room, muttering to himself. You roll your eyes and grab the lunch tray, placing it on your lap. “Thanks for the food.” You mumble to Changbin before stuffing your face.

Changbin nods and sits back across from you, watching you carefully. For the first few minutes, you eat quietly, once in awhile glancing up to see Changbin watching you with a curious look.

“Why are you staring now?”

Changbin tilts his head, “I was just curious about something.”

You swallow your rice and wipe your mouth with the back of your hand. “And what would that be?”

“How did someone like you become the leader of a fairly powerful gang?”

You raise a brow. “Someone like me? What am I like?”

Changbin shrugs, “I don’t know. A cute, little girl?”

You choke on your food, laughing at the comment. “Okay, first of all, I’m older than you. Second, you think I’m cute, huh?” You wink playfully, making him roll his eyes.

In the hallway right outside the room, Lee Know, Hyunjin and Han were quietly listening into the conversation. As soon as they heard Changbin ask his question, they were curious themselves.

They hear you sigh. “Well, it’s a long story.”

“Well,” Changbin chuckles, “it’s not like you’re going anywhere anytime soon.”

You glare at him, making him chuckle again. You think back to your past 21 years of life, getting a distant look in your eyes. “It really all started before I was born. My parents, for who knows how long, were the leaders of the notorious gang ‘0325’. It started out as a small group of friends, both my parents and Felix’s parents, and soon gathered more members after I was born. That means Felix and I have known eachother all our lives. Around when I was 10, one of their members, a woman, had died in a fight. She had a kid, which happened to be I.N. They couldn’t leave him alone, so they adopted I.N, who became my brother. He was only 7 years old at the time. Around when I was 13, Woojin and Seungmin’s parents joined the gang. Soon there were 5 of us kids just running around.”

You swallowed the lump in your throat, bringing up past memories wasn’t something you liked to do. But you continued. “In 2015, when the rebellion started, all of our parents started to change. They were becoming a lot more distant, doing things behind our backs. Finally, one night they left.” You chuckled dryly. “They just up and ing left us. All of us. They were terrified that we would do the same as the other teenagers and turn against them. They just assumed without asking, leaving without warning.” You squeeze your chopsticks so hard, they snap in half, making Changbin and the three boys listening in jump slightly. “I couldn’t abandon them. I couldn’t abandon I.N, Woojin, Felix and Seungmin. They’re family. They’re all I have. So, since the gang life is all we know, I took over the ghost of a gang my parents left behind and renamed us.”

The room is quiet as you finish your story. In the hallway Lee Know is leaning against the wall, his head lowered, bangs covering his eyes. He chuckles. “Wow.” Was all he could say.

Han tiltes his head. “That story sounds awfully familiar.”

Hyunjin leans his head against the wall, staring up at the ceiling. “Seems like we have a lot more in common than we had thought…”

Lee Know looks up at his two members and glances into the room to see Changbin looking down at the floor. He knows his boys are thinking the same thoughts running through his own head.

Back in the room, you glance up at Changbin, who hasn’t said anything. “So, satisfied with that answer?” Without words Changbin stands up and walks around you, tying your hands back together. You growl at the force he uses. “Hey, watch it!”

He pulls at the ropes, making sure they’re secure and takes the tray of scraps. You furrow your brows wondering why, all of a sudden, the boy has grown cold once again.

“Hey, I told you my story. Don’t I get to hear yours? Why do you call yourselves Stray Kids?”

Changbin walks to the door of your holding room and stops. He doesn’t look at you when he responds. “That’s not for me to say. If you really want to know, ask Lee Know yourself.”

And with those words he turns off the light and pulls the door shut behind him, once again locking you up in complete darkness.