Chapter 3

The Stray District

“It’s I.N, he’s gone.”

You immediately stand up, practically knocking over the table. Without a word, you run to I.N’s room and bust in, the three boys following behind. It was completely empty. No I.N. Your eyes are wide, your breath heavy. You turn around quickly to face Felix.

His eyes widen once he sees the look on your face. You stride up to him, pulling his head down by the back of his neck. Your lips brush his ear, causing a chill to run down his spine.

“Felix, darling. Where the hell is my baby brother?” You speak in a sickly sweet, threatening tone.

He swallowed the large lump in his throat, terrified of the state you’re in. It’s rare that you act like this with anyone who’s a member. On the off chance that you do, it’s because you’re royally pissed.

“I-I think he disabled the security on the windows and climbed out,” he squeaks.

You growl and forcefully let go of your bodyguard. You turn to Woojin, whose face has turned serious.

“Woojin, Felix, you’re coming with me. Seungmin, stay here in case he comes back. If he does, ing call me.” He nods in understanding.

“He better be alive so I can ing kill him myself for disobeying.” Muttering, you grab your dual pistols, Woojin grabs his and the three of you head out.

The night is a chilly one. The cool night air makes you shiver, but you’re too focused on finding I.N to care. The three of you make your way down the dark streets of District 9. Felix and Woojin are on high alert, knowing you’re more worried about your brother than about your own safety. While you are one of the top gang leaders in the District, there are still individuals out there who would try to hurt you without a second thought.

Your first stop was at the video game shop, where you knew he was originally headed. You march up to the counter, a boy about your age behind it. The moment he saw you, his eyes widen in terror. He knew who you were, almost everyone did. And he knew you weren’t happy.

“M-Ms. L/N, h-how can I help-”

“Cut the crap, Jungkook. Was I.N in here?”

He nods, backing away from you. You reach over the counter and pull him close by his collar, your face close to his.

“Well, where the hell did he go?” You tilt your head, a glint of psychotic behind your eyes.

He holds up a shaky finger, pointing toward the opposite direction of the house. “H-He mentioned something about food.”

“Thank you, my dear.” Your lips brush his cheek, making him shiver. You let go of his collar and storm out of the building, Woojin and Felix got on your tail.

“He not only disobeyed me about going to the video game shop but tests me by also going to eat? I’m going to kill him, resurrect him and then kill him again.”

Before you could take another step, your phone started ringing. You see Seungmin’s name light up your screen. You immediately answer.

“Boss, he’s back. Come quick, you’re not going to like this.”

“I’m coming.”

You hang up and run back to the house. Felix and Woojin are caught off guard but follow you nonetheless. You make it back, typing in all the security codes with haste, momentarily cursing the fact that you even have them.

You open the door to the living room and drop your weapons at the sight before you. I.N was on the floor, a bloodied lip and a bruised eye adorned his perfect face, accompanying the tears streaming down his cheeks. Your anger dissipates into a feeling of concern. You drop to your knees and pull him into our lap, your own tears escaping.

“Jeongin, are you okay? What the hell happened?!”

He sniffles, the next words out of his mouth fueling your rage. “I-it was 3racha. They found me.”

That was the moment your emotions changed. The rage inside you started growing and growing until you slam your fist into the wooden table next to you, almost breaking it in half.

3racha happened to be the subunit of Stray Kids. It consisted of Han, Changbin, and Chan. If Lee Know wanted a clean job done quick, that’s who was sent out. You heard rumors of 3racha being able to take down small wannabe gangs within a day or two. But to send them after an 18-year-old boy who only wanted to buy a video game? Now that was just low.

“I’m going to ing kill them,” you seeth, seeing nothing but red.

I.N’s eyes widen grabbing your hand and pulling you into a hug. “Can’t we just let it go? I don’t want to cause any more problems.”

You hug him tight, patting him on the head. “You know I can’t do that, sweetheart. Their asses are as good as dead.”

You let go of I.N, turning to Seungmin. “Please take care of his injuries. Woojin, Felix and I have some things to discuss.”

You make your way to the meeting room, knowing Felix and Woojin are following you. As soon as you make it inside and close the door, your anger once again stirs and you end up punching the wall, again and again. Your knuckles start to bleed with each moment of contact.

Woojin comes up behind you and grabs your wrists, pulling you away from the wall. He looks down at your knuckles as blood drops onto the floor.

“Y/N, I know you’re upset and rightfully so. But you need to stop hurting yourself.” He turns to Felix. “Go get some bandages.”

Felix nods and rushes out of the room, only to come back within minutes, white bandages in hand. Woojin leads you to your chair and sits you down. Felix kneels before you, worried about the current state of your hands and your mentality.

“I knew Lee Know was a snake, but to sink this low. I never thought he would attack one of us directly. Especially I.N,” you mumble.

Felix finished up dressing your wounds, giving each knuckle a kiss. You smile fondly at the boy, ruffling his hair. But your face turned serious, as you need to figure out what you’re going to do.

“This is war. We need to show them that they can’t get away with Minho’s choice of actions.”

You go quite, thinking for a moment a way to get your point across to your rivals. The moment you think of a plan, a smirk slowly crosses your beautiful features.

“We’re going to kidnap one of their members. Hold them hostage, until they give us what we want. Control of the entire District.”

Woojin raises a brow, “You want to hold one of Stray Kids hostage? Don’t you think that’s a little dangerous?”

You shrug, “We’ve done it before, it shouldn’t be that difficult.”

“Y/N, holding a civilian or a low rank gang member hostage is a little bit different than holding one of the most powerful gang members hostage. This is risky.”

You chuckle drily, standing up and sauntering over to your weapons specialist. You stand on your tiptoes, your hand gently caressing his face before grabbing the back of his head, forcefully pulling his face closer to yours. Your lips brush against his, causing the corners of his mouth to twitch.

“Are you questioning my decisions, my dear Woojin?”

He his dry lips, his nerves slightly escalating at the close contact. He normally can keep his cool around you, but once in a while you affect him in a way he can’t explain.

“N-No, ma'am. I’m right behind you.”

You release his face and pat him on the head, your demeanor changing rapidly. “Oh good. I’m glad.” Your signature sickly sweet smile adorned your face.

“Now, you two listen up,” your voice changing into a business like tone. “3racha is still probably out there. They aren’t ones to do a job and go back to the hideout. From what I hear, they usually go celebrate afterward. I want you two to find them. I need one that will easily talk. Minho, Hyunjin, and Changbin are out. None of them will talk, no matter what. I want you to bring me Jisung or Chan, alive, by any means necessary. You got that? Take whatever weapons you need. Changbin is strong but Felix, you’re fast. Use that to your advantage. He’s the only one you need to worry about. Chan and Jisung don’t do well in the field when it comes to hand to hand combat. Knock the other two out, kill them, I don’t care. Just bring me back one of them.”

Felix and Woojin nod curtly. They bow their heads in respect before taking their leave. As they follow your command, you leave the room to go check on I.N. You head to his room where he’s sitting with Seungmin, no words being said.

You sit down next to him, brushing the hair out of his face. “Hey, how are you?”

“I’m still a little shaken, but okay. Mostly just sore.” He mumbles.

“Well in that case,” you knock him in the back of the head, making him yell out in pain. “Why the hell did you leave the house?! I told you not to, you directly disobeyed my order. I TOLD you that you could be hurt and look what happened. You got hurt.”

The young hacker rubs the back of his sore head. “I’m sorry, okay?! I didn’t think it through, I just really wanted that game.”

You sigh, “Just listen to me next time, will you? My orders are not to spite you, there’s always a reason behind them.” You reach over to take Seungmin’s hand in one of yours and I.N in another. “I don’t know what I’d do without you four. You’re my life. So please, listen to me.”

Seungmin kisses the back of your hand and I.N smiles. You really cherish the boys more than anything else in this world. You feel sorry for the guy that would try to hurt one of them.

“So, did you actually get the video game or was the risk all for nothing?”

I.N holds up the bag and pulls out the new game, Halo: Fireteam Raven. Your mouth forms an ‘O’ and nods.

“Ooo. Okay, let’s play.”

I.N smiles excitedly. The three of you each grab a control and immerse yourself into the game. The three of you play for about half an hour before your consciousness starts drifting away. Today took a huge toll, not only on you but on your boys as well. Eventually, all three of you had fallen asleep. Seungmin was laying on I.N’s pillow, his arm around you as you passed out laying on his chest and I.N was laying in your lap.

About a half an hour later, is when you’re gently woken up by Felix.

“Y/N. Hey, wake up.”

You rub your eyes, trying to focus on Felix"s features. Yawning, you give Felix your hand to help you up.

“I’m sorry to wake you, boss. I know you need your sleep, but we have him. He’s tied up in the meeting room.”

The moment when Felix tells you they captured your hostage, the sleepiness escapes you. You’re fully awake and aware, nodding to Felix to lead the way.

The two of you make it to the doors of the meeting room. You push them open, revealing an exhausted Woojin and your prisoner. A smirk spreads across your face as you see the tied up boy they caught glaring back at you.

You giggle, “Well, if it isn’t Bang Chan himself.”