Chapter 2

The Stray District

By the time the three of you made it home, you were exhausted from the interaction with the three idiots. While Woojin was driving, Felix was checking on you, constantly asking if you were alright. As much as you loved the boy, you couldn’t help but get annoyed at the constant questions. But you knew he was just worried.

Once you all make it home, you type in the security code and scan your finger. The door opened immediately and shut behind once the three of you made it inside. The three of you walk down a long, dimly lit hallway to another secured door. Once again, you type in your security code and enter the room.

You notice Seungmin was on the couch, busy crunching numbers from his earnings while I.N was busy playing video games. You jump onto the couch and pulled yourself to Seungmin, cuddling up next to him.

The boy chuckles and runs his hand through your soft hair. “How was today, boss? Anything exciting happen at the club?”

Woojin drops his pistol onto the coffee table before falling back into the comfortable leather chair. “You could say that. Stray Kids showed up.”

This information caught Seungmin and I.N’s attention. I.N turns around. “They did? What happened?”

Felix sits on the other side of you. “Well, they wanted money from us. For bailing Han’s out of prison.”

Seungmin rolls his eyes. “How the hell is it our fault that he got caught?”

You throw your hands up in the air. “Thank you! I’m glad you have your head right, Seungminie.” You run a finger up his arm, giving him chills.

Felix gritted his teeth. “Hyunjin also attacked Y/N. Almost cut .”

Seungmin and I.N gasp. Seungmin puts a finger under your chin lifting your head up to asses the wound. He saw a very minor cut, but that still angered him.

“How dare they. Are they crazy?!”

I.N pauses his game and rushes over to you, giving you a hug. “Are you okay? Is there anything we can do?”

You shake your head, patting the boy on the back. “Not at the moment. It’s over with. However, we need to be on alert. I have a feeling they aren’t done with us yet.”

You stretch your arms above your head and stand up. “Well, I’m going to go change into something more comfortable. Seungmin, I’d like those numbers as soon as you’re done.”

He nods, getting back to work. You walk into your room and close the door. Flopping on the bed, you sigh. It’s exhausting being the big boss of a powerful gang. You wouldn’t be able to any of this on your own. You were so thankful to Felix, Woojin, Seungmin, and I.N for being there for you. Sometimes you’re harsh on them, you have to when running things. But you love them all to pieces. You knew they would do anything for you and you were grateful.

You take off your tightly fitted dress and throw it in the hamper, stripping down to only your bra, and holster garters. You stretch your arms and legs. Being stressed in a tight outfit like that isn’t good for the body.

You hear a knock on the door before it opens.

“Hey, boss could I please talk-” Felix peeks around the door but immediately freezes at the sight of your half form.

You put your hands on your hips, a brow raised. “See something you like? Or are you going to close the door so I can finish getting changed?”

He squeals his face bright red. He bows and quickly closes the door, waiting for you to finish changing.

You roll your eyes  and put on a tank top and short shorts. You walk to the door and open it, seeing Felix fiddling with his fingers.

“Yes, you wanted to talk?”

He notices you had finally put clothes on and nods, following you into your grand bedroom. You sit on the bed and Felix sits across from you on you desk chair. He clears his throat.

“I, uh, just wanted to say I’m sorry.”

Your eyebrows shoot up. “Sorry? Sorry for what?”

“I’m sorry I wasn’t any help at the club. With Hyunjin. He had you in his grasp, his weapon aimed at your throat. I was so shocked, I couldn’t move.” He clenches his fists tightly. “I just sat there. He could have killed you and I just sat there! I did nothing! The thought of you dying… I can’t even imagine it. I don’t want to imagine it.”

You see how much he’s internally struggling, incredibly mad and upset with himself. You stand up and grab his hand, pulling him to the bed. He sits down next to you.

You hold his hand. “Felix, don’t be mad at yourself. Even I didn’t expect it to happen. You know I trust you and I know you would have stopped him in a second if the situation had gotten worse. You’re more skilled than you give yourself credit for.” You lean your forehead against his. “I couldn’t do anything without you four. I would probably be kidnapped or dead by now if it wasn’t for you and Woojin. I also don’t want to see you get hurt either.”

“I would give my life for you, you know that.” Felix chuckles, “you know, for a ruthless gang leader, you’re pretty sweet.”

You grab him in a choke hold. “Hey, only you four have my heart. But don’t tell anyone else I can be nice or you’re dead. You hear me?”

You hear a knock at the door and then the knob turn. I.N pokes his head in.

You let go of Felix, crossing your arms. “Does nobody in this gang wait for me to actually invite them in? What’s the point of knocking?”

I.N laughs awkwardly before bowing his head. “Sorry, Y/N. I just had a question.”

You sigh, gesturing for him to come in. He sits across from you in the chair Felix was previously in. He fiddles with his fingers nervously, making you raise a brow.

“Well? What is it?”

“Well, there’s this new game that just came out and I was wondering if I can-”

“No.” you deadpan.

“You don’t even know what I was going to say!”

“You were going to ask me if you could go and buy the game at the store. Why can’t you just hack your way into a game?”

He puts. “It doesn’t work like that. Why can’t I go?”

“It’s too dangerous! There are people who want to hurt me and they know you’re my younger brother. I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“I can take care of myself. I’m a part of this gang too, you know.” He continues to pester you.

You grab the front of his shirt, pulling it towards you. “Jeongin. I love you. But when I say no, I mean no. Do you understand me?” You speak in a low, dangerous voice.

He immediately shuts up, his eyes wide. He quickly nods. You release him and pat his head, a smile returning to your face.

“Oh good. Now, go to your room. Seungmin, Woojin, and I have some business we need to go over.” You look over to Felix, your voice changing into a business tone. “You, I.N to his room. Make sure he stays there.”

Felix nods curtly before grabbing I.N by the arm and dragging the pouty hacker out of the room. You follow behind but turn towards the living room where Seungmin is working on paperwork and Woojin is polishing his pistol of choice.

“You two, meeting room. Now.”

The boys stand up immediately and follow you down the dark hallway to a large, brightly lit room. In the center of the brick room stood a round table accompanied by 5 chairs. You, Woojin and Seungmin sit down, Seungmin organizing his papers.

You lean back in your chair, a bored look on your face. “Now, Seungmin how are this week’s numbers looking?”

For the next hour, the three of you go over the profit margins of the week’s sales. While Stray Kids’ had a hand in the drug trade, District 9 controls the majority of the dealers and suppliers. Seungmin is known for having the highest quality and purest cut substances in the business, which is why the majority of the money the gang owns is from him.

The profits have been increasing. However, while Seungmin has the majority of the city in his hands, Jisung has been closing in a little bit more each day. It wasn’t enough to worry you, but it was enough to catch your attention.

“We need to completely knock Stray Kids out of this business. Jisung isn’t bright, but he is a genius in substances. And the fact that Lee Know has the knowledge he does, between the two of them, they have the ability to catch up.”

Woojin runs a hand through his hair. “So we basically need to watch their every move. How can we do that if Bang Chan’s systems can’t be hacked by I.N?”

“I have a few men that can keep an eye on Jisung’s guys for me,” Seungmin explains. “It’ll work for now, but Stray Kids are getting their claws into the game faster than we had originally anticipated. We just need to be on our guard.”

Suddenly the door to the meeting room flies open, revealing a sweaty, panting Felix.

“Felix, what is it? We’re kind of in the middle-”

“It’s I.N. He’s gone!”