A Day in an Idol's Life

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  A Day in an Idol's Life

 

     "Oh, Jimin you're here. Can you come here please?"

Jimin dropped his head, hiding his frustration and immediately regretting coming in the room. Wanting to escape the rehearsal room for a few moments, he decided to go to the nearby room. He should have just stayed with the other members. He just entered the room and people were already calling his name for something. They were told to have a break just minutes ago but apparently, it meant a break only from rehearsals, not from other tasks. As much as he wanted to, he knew they were all tired and have been working hard all day, so he had no right to complain.

Fixing his expression, he turned to the staff. "What is it Noona?"

The staff let him sit down before placing a computer in from of him. "These photos were selected to be included in the album package. We need your approval by tonight."

He suppressed a sigh. They were not asked usually asked for their opinion regarding those matters. Why did they start now?

He didn't even answer the staff when another one approached him. "Jimin, when you're done there, please sign these ones as well," he said, dropping a box full of BTS items in front of him.

He frowned at the box. "What are these for Hyung?"

"Uhm, for the showcase."

It took Jimin some self-control not to glare at their staffs. Silently cursing inside, he silently nodded and scrolled at the photos in front of him. He knew that the staffs were just doing what they were told to do.

Their fans were important, and he enjoyed doing these kinds of things but right now, he wanted to just take break time. Breathe and stop thinking for a moment. They had been working since six in the morning and his mind and body were ready to give in. It was hard to put your mind into what you're doing when all you wanted was to just do nothing. It would have been much easier if they could allot a certain time for these kinds of tasks rather than ask them to do it in between rehearsals where they were all tired.

"Those couldn't wait?"

Jimin looked up to see Jin eyeing what he was doing, his face serious, interrupting him absentmindedly signing some merchandise.

He shrugged before going back to signing the light stick on his hand. "Apparently not."

Jimin gave their oldest member a look which said there was nothing he could do.

Their oldest shook his head and let out a deep sigh, face still serious. "Michigesseo jinjja," he softly mumbled before quietly walking towards one of the staff's direction.

Glancing at the box on his feet, Jimin silently groaned to see that he signed lesser items than he thought. Not even one-fourth were done. In normal days, it would not have taken him less than an hour to finish tasks like this. And that was even including writing some short messages for the fans. At this condition though, he needed hours to finish the task, even with just merely signing them.

Unhurriedly, he took a light stick and signed it followed by another item. A few minutes later, a staff started gathering the pens beside him.

"Uhm, Jimin that's enough. You can continue that another time."

I should not have started it in the first place, he wanted to say but instead, he finished signing two more before putting down the pen.

Thank God.

He was ready to call it a day, but they weren't even nearly done with the rehearsals. They still have hours left.

"Jin said to eat some of the food he brought in."

Looking around, he saw Jin already walking out the door. As much as he felt bad for the staffs since they were surely reprimanded again by Jin, he was just grateful for the help. Jin and their leader, Nam-joon, had been telling them to stop giving them tasks during their break time but they were still doing it.

Not taking his chances to be interrupted again, he went to grab a bottled water before joining the others back in the rehearsal studio. It was during times like this when he was reminded of how grateful he was that he was with this group of people. He couldn't count how many times they have helped him silently, knowing when he needed it.

 

     On his way, he checked his phone and saw a few messages from his parents and his girlfriend. Taking a seat from the corner of the studio, he replied to his parents before sending a message to Jeong-yeon, hoping she was not busy.

It didn't take long enough before his phone chimed, signaling an incoming message.

"Hey. How are you? Did you have dinner already?"

From the corner of the room, Jimin took his eyes from his phone to look at the rest of s who were, making the best out of their break and dozing off. All except for him and Yoon-gi who was currently glaring at the laptop in front of him. He inwardly shook his head, feeling sorry for the computer, wondering what happened.

"Everyone is dead right now. Including me. And yeah, we had an early dinner. Hyung PD bought us some food."

Bang PD monitored their rehearsals the whole day, which he had been doing the whole week, leaving them alone only when he had an important meetings. He guessed were also regarding their comeback. From the way their PD had been monitoring everything, Jimin could tell that he was just as nervous as them about their comeback that was why he had been harder on them than before.

With just a week left before their comeback, they have been doing nothing but perfect every little detail there is yet to perfect. They w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter