Making Mistakes 

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Making Mistakes 

 

     “Isn’t this her first main collaboration stage?”

Jimin had been too focused on looking at Joengyeon with Jin and her some of her members that he didn’t notice his friend, Sungwoon, approached him. Without turning his head to look at his friend, he nodded his head.

Joengyeon’s collaboration stage with Apink’s Eunjie, her first collaboration stage without her members just like his friend mentioned, just ended. From where he was hiding, she saw her members rushed to her when she was off the stage, congratulating her and praising her. Even their leader Jin, rushed to her excitedly when he was done introducing the next performer.

“Then why are you hiding here instead of being there and celebrating with her?” Sungwoon’s voice was full of curiosity.

“You know we can’t be seen together.”

Although a lame excuse, it was the best excuse he could give.

“Jin is there and he seems to be okay with people looking at them. I mean, yeah, people can’t know we’re in a relationship but at least I would act like a sunbae and be the first congratulate her.”

Being friends for many years, Sungwoon knew him too well to just accept his answer.

“Something happened huh?” It wasn’t placed as a question. He was certain something really did happen.

“What did you do?” he asked, as if he was sure he was the one who did something wrong.

The other guy met his eyes with a knowing look and turned his eyes to her direction.

“I see a woman secretly looking around for her boyfriend. I’m sure if her friends aren’t there right now, those disappointed eyes would have shed tears already. Meanwhile, her boyfriend, the one she is secretly looking for, is hiding behind a curtain looking like a coward, secretly looking at her.”

Sungwoon raised his eyebrow at him, as if daring him to say he was wrong on his assumption.

“So, what did you do?” he asked when he didn’t comment.

His best friend was looking at him, waiting for an answer.  As one of his closest friends, he tells him everything and had always been honest with him. But this time he chose not to share and instead shook his head, embarrassed and afraid on what his friend might think of him. “Nothing.”

Thankfully, he took the hint and didn’t push, probably because they were in public. If it had been in a private setting, his friend would have bugged him until he relented. Being friends with Joengyeon’s sister, he had been fond of her as well.

“From what I know, she’s been waiting for this kind of opportunity. And she did amazing. She deserved it.” Admiration was clear on his voice. “Come to think of it. She did two firsts today. I’m sure she’d more genuinely happy if she shares it with all the people she loves.”

With a pat on the shoulder, he was left alone behind the curtain, looking at his friends openly congratulate her girlfriend.

 

   “Hyung, you’re not coming with us?” Taehyung asked Jimin from where he was packing his things.

Taehyung and J-Hope suggested that they go for some drinks after the show since they were given the next day as a break. Since they won’t have a chance to go out for a while, the members agreed.

Jin shook his head at Taehyung. “I’m going to the airport. Xiao’s flight will land in two hours.”

“Oh, she’s coming back today?”

J-Hope smirked. “No wonder he’s been smiling like an idiot the whole day.”

“Yah!”

Taehyung turned to Suga who was busy scowling at his phone and asked, “How about you Hyung?”

Suga just shook his head, not taking his eyes away from his phone.

“Why?” Taehyung asked in a whinny voice. “You don’t come with us anymore.”

He just shrugged his shoulder. “I’m busy.”

Jungkook looked at him quizzingly. “Are you going to see Aralle Noona?”

“She’s busy.”

“Then where are you going?” Jungkook asked again, his tone and voice showed he was determined to find something.

Jimin was sure he wasn’t the only one who caught the accusing tone from their maknae, basing at how the rest of the members were looking at each other.

Suga dropped his gaze from his phone and gave Jungkook a look that would usually make them all back off. “None of your business.”

“Hyung, go and say your goodbye to the staff,” Namgoon told Jin, interrupting Jungkook from speaking, sensing that the younger one will be persistent. “You have to go the airport if you want to make it on time. You still have to drop by the office.”

Jin was quick to read the situation and instantly reach for his bag. “Thanks, Namjoon. Don’t drink too much guys.”

 

     Jimin was watching as his parents put away their things in the guest room, still not believing that they were in Seoul.

He was in the studio with s and were in the middle of discussing his song when he got a call from her mother that they were near his place, taking him by surprise. They didn’t mention anything about visiting when he called them the day before.

Luckily, Namjoon let him take the rest of the day off to welcome them. Apparently, they suddenly wanted to come and visit since they missed him. They haven’t got the chance to see each other since they came back from overseas, Jimin kind of understood it. He was supposed to visit them during their break weeks ago, but his parents had to go visit a sick friend of theirs.

A movement made lift his eyes away from her parents, taking him by surprise. Standing in in front of him was Jongyeon, eyes round from looking at the other two people in the room.

He himself got surprised but not because of his parents but because she was home.

They haven’t seen each other for almost two days. After the festival, she sent her a message informing him that they were having some party at their dorm. Jimin knew that she had plans with her sisters the next day and spent the night with them. Aside from reminding him to put cream on his face and drink the herbal tea for his throat, he didn’t hear from her those two days.

Somehow, that message made him hate himself more. Even though he was a complete jerk, she still wanted to take care of him.

As much as he wanted to call and go to her, he didn’t. First, he didn’t know what to say to her. And second, as much as it pained him to know that she must have been waiting for him to call her, she deserved more than an apology over the phone.

Jimin called her mother’s attention. “Eomma.”

Finally noticing the new addition to the room, her mother’s face immediately lit up. “Oh, wasso, Jeongyeon?”

She bowed her head, greeting his parents, though confusion still evident on her face. “Eomeoni, Abeonim, annyeonghaseo.”

His mother stood up and walked to Joengyeon, arms wide open. “Aigoo, you’ve become prettier.”

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t know you were coming,” she apologized after exchanging pleasantries with his parents. “I should have prepared something or came earlier to greet you.”

His mother, Mi-jeong, shook her head, waving her worries away. “Don’t worry about it. We came unannounced. I didn’t even tell Jimin about it. We’re the one who’s sorry for barging in.”

This time, it was her who shook her head. “Aniyo Eomeoni. This is your son’s house. Of course, you’re always welcome.”

“We should go out for dinner,” she suggested to her parents, a genuine smile on her lips. “What do you think Eomeoni?”

“I’ll cook for you. It’s better to eat home cooked meal. We can go to the market to buy some things. Although it won’t be as good as your father, but I make a good rib.”

“I can go. I’m sure you’re tired from your trip. Let me just wash my face and change my clothes. Please make a list of what you need me to buy.”

Before any of them had a chance to say anything, she went to their bedroom.

“Jimin, maybe we should go instead,” Pil-woo, his father told him, eyeing his girlfriend worriedly who just came out from their bedroom.

Despite their protest, Joengyeon insisted on going alone. If she was doing it to avoid him, he was not sure. It didn’t skip his notice how she has been avoiding looking at him ever since she got home.

Jimin couldn’t help but notice how covered she was. Just like when she came home, she was dressed in a skinny jean and a hooded sweatshirt, paired up with the sneakers he bought her. She was also wearing a cap and a mouth mask. It was as if she was trying to hide her skin. And maybe she was.  

And it was hard seeing her act that way. Joengyeon never told him, but he knew she had always been conscious about her appearance since she has always been marketed as the tomboy in their team.

“It’s fine, Abeonim. I can go alone.” Smiling reassuringly to his father, she gestured at him. “You should catch up with your son. I’m sure you missed him.”

She picked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter