Home

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Home

 

     “Jimin.”

Jimin, who was collecting for things at the airport’s luggage area, turned to look at their group leader Namjoon. “Ne Hyung?"

“We’re going straight to the office for a meeting so have the managers take your things. Everyone, do the same.”

As expected, a collective groan can be heard around him after Namjoon finished speaking.

“Oh .”

He shook his head and let out a deep heavy breath. They have just finished a few Asian concerts and flew to Netherlands for a shooting for their next album. For the past few weeks, rest was a luxury for them and they know busier days were waiting for them. Jimin was sure the office was the last place they all wanted to be after a long flight and few very busy weeks. Everyone was also in a touchy mood since their eleven-hour flight non-stop from Amsterdam was delayed for a few hours due to a problem at the airport.

“Hyung, it’s already eight. Can’t we do it tomorrow? I’m going to pass out already,” a very sleepy V voiced out what he was sure they were all thinking.

Basing from way their leader shook his head and the apologetic smile he gave them, there was nothing he could do. “I’m sorry. I tried but some of the higher ups are only available tonight.”

“Do you have an idea what the meeting is for?”

Namjoon shook his head. “I have no idea. I asked the managers and they have no idea either.”

“Let’s go so we can get this over with and go home,” Suga told them seeing that all of their things have already been collected.

“Good luck with whoever called that meeting. He’s pissed.” Their youngest member Jungkook shook his head and went to where the managers and bodyguards were waiting for them to be escorted outside the airport.

Yoon-gi, or mostly known as Suga is the second oldest member of their seven-member group, BTS or Bangtan Sonyeondan. He was a lot of things, but he was mostly known to everyone for his blunt and serious attitude. The member who takes 'no ' from everyone and says what he wants to say without beating around the bush.

“Let’s go.”

While the others immediately closed their eyes once he was inside the company van, Jimin took out his phone and called at home. After a few tries, his call was unattended.

“Hey babe. We already arrived but we we’re told just now that we’re going straight to the office for a meeting. I have no idea why. I’m really sorry. I’ll try and go home as soon as possible. Love you. <3”

Having received no response, aside from being hungry and tired, Jimin was pre-occupied during the whole meeting. Discreetly using his phone under the table, he sent a another message.

I’ll be home very soon.

Just like he was, Jimin saw that the other six members’ mind were not really present for the meeting when he looked around the room.  Some of them kept checking their watches for the time while some eyes were just looking blankly at the directors and managers who were talking. He nearly laughed when he saw that Suga’s eyes kept dropping and he didn’t even care to hide it. He wanted to let out a sigh, something he has done a lot for the day. All the managers were talking about things they already know and not something urgent. Most of them were things they hear every day. It was a surprise that Suga haven’t snap yet. During times like this that his no-nonsense attitude comes in handy for their group. He knew that even their leader was waiting for Suga to say something. Namjoon was their leader but because he always try his best to follow the rules, it was Suga who was in charge of doing the ‘dirty works’ for the group, a role he was very much happy to do.

A painful hour had gone by but the meeting was still not over since everyone seemed to like to talk about something they could have just relayed to their managers or talk to them another day. Jimin looked at Suga roll his eyes and took a deep breath, a sign that his patience has finally reached it's limit.  He was ready to do something to relieve them from the situation.

“I’m so sorry but it’s already ten in the evening. We just had very busy weeks, we just came from a very long flight, haven’t even eaten anything yet. Can we just do this another day because right now, all we have on our minds are food and sleep? We haven’t had those for today and we would really appreciate it if we can have those as much as possible.”

Just like what always happen, Namjoon took this as his que to speak up, backing him up.

 

      It was thirty minutes past ten when he finally reached home. All the worries he had on his mind while on the way home disappeared when he saw the familiar figure sleeping on his couch. Relived but apologetic as well, he approached the sleeping figure. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for him.

A genuine and amused smile finally crept his lips after the long day, when he noticed the blanket on the floor.

Yoo Jeong-yeon, you and blankets don’t really go together.

He covered her again with the blanket and kissed his forehead. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for him.

Being part of one of the biggest K-Pop girl group and considered the Nation’s Girl Group, her schedule was always packed. Her group, TWICE, just finished their promotions for their new album so he knew that she has been doing everything and everywhere for the past few weeks. Today was the third day of her one-week break. It has also been three weeks since they last saw each other. The last time they saw each other, he had to go to one of her radio show guesting to be able to see her for a while before leaving for Japan for a concert. Although he wanted to be with her and support her, their schedules overseas didn't allow him to leave even for a even day. Aside from cheering for her and sending food for their staff, watching all the shows TWICE went to were the only things he could do from afar.

It was something the two of them, and most of the idols in the industry, had to get used to when they started dating. Aside from the busy schedules, they had to get use and learn how to deal with not seeing each other for a few weeks. Even with their busy schedules, it is easier to see each other when they are both in Korea but when one or both of them were overseas, it is harder to find a way. Sometimes when they see an opportunity, one of them will fly to where one of them for a day or even for just a few hours just to see each other. At least, even for a few hours, they were able to see each other physically.

After staring at his girlfriend’s sleeping face and planting another kiss on her forehead, Jimin decided to wash up and put his luggage away first before moving her to the bedroom to avoid waking her up.

After getting out of the shower, he was surprised to see some shirt and sweatpants lying on top of his bed. Realizing Jeongyeon must have woken up, he grabbed a towel for his hair and walked outside his bedroom. He found her in the kitchen, where she seemed to be heating something. He also noticed that the table was already set. She must have heard his footsteps since she turned with a bright smile on her face.

God, she really is beautiful.

“Hey baby.”

He immediately opened his arms when she started to walk towards him. “I missed you so much,” he mumbled to her neck, inhaling her scent and hugging her tightly.

“I missed you too,” she whispered, returning the hug just as tightly.

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter