Wheein

Paint Me

5 - Wheein.

As soon as we got out of the building, 2 fans rushed to the four of us and handed us drinks: Kiwi drinks for J-hope-nim and V-nim, and strawberry for me and Byulie unnie. We said our thanks and continued to walk down the street looking for this Korean BBQ restaurant that unnie and J-hope sunbaenim wanted to try.

Wow, they're really hitting it off. huh? Meanwhile me and V sunbaenim are walking in silence...

I noticed V sunbaenim was just staring at his drink, and I took my first sip.

"Wah, it's so good!" I exclaimed accidentally. Way to go, Jung Wheein.

Unnie and J-hope sunbaenim were startled, and J-hope sunbaenim almost dropped his drink because of me. "Ah, sorry, J-hope sunbaenim, unnie." I bowed to J-hope sunbaenim.

I feel like I'm going overboard on calling them sunbaenim, even if it's just in my thoughts...

"Yah, stop that, Wheein-ah. Just call me Hoseok."

"O-kay, Hoseok oppa."

"There you go." He smiled at me and we continued walking. V sunbaenim bumped my shoulder, "you should call me Taehyung too. We're born in the same year anyways, but you're welcome to call me oppa if you like." and he winked at me.

Kim Taehyung. winked. AT ME.

I almost hyperventilated but I stopped myself. Control yourself, Jung Wheein, he's right beside you.

"Sure, Taehyung-ssi."

"That's so... formal. I don't like it. Speaking of, I don't like Kiwi, let's exchange." He didn't wait for my answer and just grabbed my drink and handed me his kiwi drink.

He sipped on it, "wah it really is good." And kept smiling all the way. I slapped his arm and laughed.

Meanwhile I'm here dying. He drank from the same straw! Does that mean we kissed? I mean it was indirect, but still! Ugh, Jung Wheein stop it.

I felt my face become hot and looked away. I hope he didn't notice that...

 

We finally decided on a place and opted to get a private room to avoid fans that might see us. We started talking about our idol lives and our experiences, but I wasn't saying much. Hey, Byulie unnie is the social butterfly in MAMAMOO, not me. I was sitting beside Byulie unnie while Taehyung ang Hoseok oppa sat together on the other side.

Taehyung-ah started to tell this really weird story that sounded all too familiar to me.

"So, I was walking along this street at night, right? And all of a sudden this black van speeds along and I hear someone screaming 'VITA VITA' from the inside. Exactly where I was standing. I didn't know what happened. I just laughed it off."

"Oh, I remember that! He told us all about it when he got home. We all kept laughing at him and said someone was haunting him saying 'VITA VITA' over and over again."

"Wait a minute, that sounds like Wh-- AWCHHH" she screamed and held her hand. Yeah that's right, I crushed her hand with mine, no way is Taehyung going to know that was me. It would be too embarrassing.

"Sounds like what, unnie? Are you okay?" I looked at her straight in the eyes and tried to say DON'T YOU DARE as well as I could with my eyes.

"Nothing." She glared at me after that.

 

*ding*

1 text message from Come Out Strawberry Jam.

I opened my phone and saw a text from Yongsun unnie.

Yah Jung Wheein! Where are you? We still have a festival to go to tomorrow. Byulie isn't answering her phone!

I replied as fast as I can.

Don't worry unnie! We're on the way home right now. I'm not called Jung Wheerun for nothing.

You better be, and tell Byul to answer my texts!

 

I faced everyone, "hey guys, we have to go. Our leader just texted."

Weirdly, oppa and Byulie unnie were open-mouthed and looking back and forth between me and Taehyung.

"Why?"

"What's wrong?"

"Daebak, did it not just occur to you two right now you said the exact same thing.." said Byulie unnie.

"at the exact same time?" Hoseok oppa continued for her.

"Oh." Me and Taehyung looked at each other and looked away immediately. My face felt hot again.

 

We all got up and said our goodbyes outside the restaurant. Me and Byulie unnie hailed a taxi, and I got in first since Hoseok oppa asked to exchange numbers with us and I gave him mine first. As soon as unnie got in the taxi we waved goodbye and went on our way home.

 

*ding*

1 new message from Unknown.

Hey, I had fun today. It was nice meeting you, Vita-whee.

 

HE KNOWS IT'S ME.

 

-----

Author's Note:

Okay, everyone. So the first part of this chapter was based on a rumour after the hosting of Inkigayo fans gave them a drink and Tae took Wheein's and she slapped him on the arm and laughed. I'm not completely sure if it was true, but if you check their Bangtan Bomb when they did the hosting, around 3:10 you can see Tae drinking a strawberry slushie type drink.

This is the tiest chapter known to man. I'm sorry y'all I'll do better next time!