Chapter 5

Office romance

The next day Jimin woke up with a throbbing headache and a heavy heart. He didn't regret the things he said per say, he just dreaded the consequences. He hated the whole process of job hunting. It was tiring, humiliating and awfully long. Long enough for him to spend the little money he had saved up. He didn't want to burrow money from Tae, he had helped enough. Life was tasting him again and he wasn't sure just how long he could fight back.

With a heavy head, he went to work to collect his things. He gathered the CEO had already fired him so he didn't need to write a resigning letter. At least there was some positive side to this. Besides, not seeing Min Yoongi on daily basis that is.

As he was gathering his stuff and ignoring the confused stares from his colleges and the silent conversations they were having with their eyes, he noticed from the corner of his eyes the CEO passing near his desk. He expected another tactless comment or a snort, but instead he heard...

"What are you doing?"

Jimin raised his eyes to look at the CEO who looked calm and aloof as he always did. Nothing seemed to indicate that something happened the day before. Did Jimin imagine all of it?

"Um... collecting my stuff, what else? Am I not allowed to take my personal belongings after being fired?" asked Jimin clearly confused.

"Since when are you fired?" inquired the CEO tilting his head to a side.

Jimin just stared at the CEO like he grew a second head. What was going on? Was the CEO playing some sick mind-trick on him? 

"Put these things from where you took them and come to my office in 10 minutes."

And just like that the CEO was gone leaving a baffled Jimin behind.

 

***

 

"You wanted to see me?" asked Jimin timidly.

He didn't understand what was going on. He insulted his boss so of course he was fired, what else did the monster want from him?

"Why did you assume you were fired?"

"After yesterday's...thing... I thought..." Jimin was terrified out of his wits.

"What of it?" asked the CEO calmly.

Was he serious?

"I insulted you and called you..."

“No need to repeat right now, I remember clearly."

Jimin gulped loudly.

"How is it connected to your so-called firing?"

"I though you fired me?"asked rather then stated Jimin.

"If I fired every single person who disliked me I'd have no employees. I'm not likable, as you very kindly noted," Jimin winced at that, "However, your personal feelings towards me are none of my concern. I'm only concerned about your work. You are far from being a good employee but you aren't the worst, and I don't exactly have the time to conduct interviews so consider yourself lucky."

Was he for real? He just got called names to his own face and he didn't care? Did he really have no emotions? 

Jimin opened his mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came to his mind. 

"Although I would appreciate if you didn't go around the office telling everyone what happened yesterday or letting it happen one more time, because believe me, Park Jimin," the CEO stood up, "I can make sure you'll never find a job that pays anything above the minimum wage. If I were you, I'd make sure not to make me lose my temper. Are we clear?"

Scared is not even close to what Jimin felt at the moment. For a second he was glad that he didn't get fired, the next he was threatened by one of the most influential people in South Korea. 

"I-I can reassure you it won't ever happen again," Jimin tried his best to sound convincing but his voice was laced with fear and both he and his boss both felt it.

"You have been warned, Park. Now get out of my eyes."

 

***

 

"You should have apologized for saying that about his daughter," stated Seokjin as he took the folders from the CEO's table.

"He should be happy he isn't fired."

"It doesn't qualify as an apology," calmly said Seokjin.

"Don't remember asking for your opinion," bit back Yoongi.

"And yet you are lucky enough to get it. It wasn't a proper apology and you know it," said the secretary on his way out.