Chapter 2

Office romance

 Jimin sighed as he closed yet another folder thicker than his head. It was a difficult day at work. The beauty products company they had a deal with just demanded the accounting reports that they originally wanted for the next month, so here he and the rest of the department were: working their asses of to finish a month’s work in a day. Jimin’s busy day helped him to forget the conversation he had with Tae the other night. He had far too many problems of his own to care for his boss's as well.


Jimin was pouring his 5th cup of coffee while silently apologizing to his body, when he got told by a scared-looking co-worker that the CEO was waiting for him. , it wasn’t good. Jimin drowned the whole thing in one gulp preparing himself for whatever was about to come.

As he was passing through Seokjin’s office, he got petted on his back, which basically meant ‘prepare yourself for the worst”.


He took a deep breath and entered the room.

“Ah, Mr Park, I was waiting for you,” said the CEO in a calm voice, which scared Jimin (and anyone who knew Min Yoongi long enough, for that matter).


“Well, you don’t have to wait anymore,” joked Jimin lamely trying to calm his nerves.


The CEO smiled. That’s it, he was going to murder Jimin on spot.


“How was your day?” asked the CEO smiling in a fake way.


“Um… okay? Yours?” asked Jimin back confessedly.


“Mine is quiet interesting too. I just read the worst financial report I’ve in my entire life and mind you I used to tutor first-graders,” said the CEO with the same fake smile on.

Jimin just paled. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

“You have nothing to say? Believe me so did I when I read this. This-this masterpiece of yours had me rethinking all the decisions that lead me to that very moment,” finally the creepy smile he had on was gone. Now he was simply glaring at Jimin who slumped his shoulders trying to make himself as small as he could.

“Nothing to say?” coldly demanded the CEO as he pushed the stack of papers on the table so Jimin could see all the red marks he had on it.

“I-I… This report wasn’t finished yet. I didn’t check it before Woojin took it from my table,” tried to explain Jimin.

The truth is that he really hadn’t checked it yet. When he finished the first draft, he went to get a cup of coffee, but upon returning couldn’t find it on the table and guessed he must have put it somewhere else. Since he had too much work to do, he didn’t even look for it and started to work on another report. When he had finished the new report as well and wanted to check it along with the old one, he was gently informed by a guilty-looking Woojin that he had already passed it to Seokjin as the boss demanded them by the afternoon. Jimin had no choice but to tell Woojin not to feel so guilty and hope that the CEO won’t notice his folder in the see of the papers that day. Guess he wasn’t that lucky.

“So it’s Woojin’s fault now huh?”

“No, no, of course not,” the last thing he wanted was to make the new intern face the wrath of a fuming Min Yoongi, “It was just an accident.”

“The other mistakes were accidents too right? Your complete and utter lack of work ethics are an accident too, right? The fact that you keep being neglectful towards a job that pays you way too much for someone as “gifted” as you is not only offensive to me but to any other humans being with a sense of responsibility. Get your act together before you lose the job you have. There are plenty people of out there begging to work here and you, Mr Park, are easily replaceable.”

Jimin just stood there with a mouth agape not knowing what to do. No one ever in the 27 years of his life had talked with him the way the CEO just did. His brain was having trouble catching up with all the offensive things the CEO just told him.

“Take this and just try to make it less embarrassing to read before I find someone who can do it instead of you.”

With these words he used his pen to push the papers on his table as if being disgusted of even touching them. Jimin was too shocked to move so the report ended up on the floor. Jimin forced his body to move, took the papers from the ground and left the room.

As he closed the door, the initial shock turned into a burning rage. He threw his report in the trash as he passed through the secretary’s office. When Seokjin asked “was it that bad”, all he could reply was:

“He’ll pay for this.”