Chapter 6

Dystopia

The front yard was eerily still and quiet besides the sound of the storm. You and Jongup arrived in time to see Himchan shoot the last enemy that was standing. Daehyun was helping Zelo up off the ground while Yongguk was looking around for you. When he finally spotted you, he ran over to the pair of you, worry in his eyes.

“What the hell happened?” He grabbed Jongup’s other arm and pulled it across his shoulders in order to help you drag the man easier.

“I got shot.”

“Thanks, Captain Obvious.” Yongguk sighed and you shook your head. The leader called out for Daehyun and the other man came jogging over. Himchan and Zelo came over and the group crowded together.

“Man, you just had to go and get hurt, huh?” Daehyun said with a small smile. Jongup smiled at him and laughed a little before wincing at the pain in his side. He was shaking, probably going into shock by now. “Okay, if someone carries him on their back, I can Hold his injury long enough to get back to base.” Your eyes widened. You hadn’t heard of Hold being used for such a good purpose…

Zelo volunteered and Jongup was carefully put on his back. Jongup’s eyes were starting to close and your heart was beating faster. Had he lost too much blood? He wasn’t hit in an area that was crucial to survival. He would be okay, right? Daehyun walked directly behind them the whole way back to base, his eyes glowing a dark gray color. The group was silent except for you quietly filling in Yongguk with what had happened during the rescue.

***

Finally back inside the base, you were all able to relax a bit more. The storm was still raging outside, but at least you could be safe indoors. Zelo set Jongup down on the edge of the table and laid him on his back.

“You all go change. I can Hold this for a bit longer.” Daehyun looked tired, drained. Without further prodding, you ran to your room. Your right side was still in excruciating pain. You felt sick, shaky, and scared. But you had to keep going. Just a little bit longer. You changed your clothes and dried off your hair as best you could, not really caring about anything except for getting back to Jongup’s side.

You grabbed the first aid kit and ran back out to the table. Daehyun was kneeling next to it, his breathing becoming slightly ragged. “I’m here, you can stop.” You said just as Yongguk and the others came out to help. Daehyun nodded, passed out, and fell to the floor.

“I’ve got him.” Youngjae grabbed Daehyun under his arms and began to drag him away. Zelo ran over and grabbed his legs, making the process much easier.

You turned your attention back to Jongup, who was now bleeding on the table. The blood swirled in the water that had accumulated next to him, making it look like there was more than there really was. He was just barely conscious, but his eyes were open a little and he was watching you. Jongup worked hard, moving his hand to touch yours. “I’ll be fine, I promise.”

You held his hand tightly in yours as he started to let his eyes close. “You better be.” He grinned a little before he finally let his eyes close. Then there was silence in your head. It terrified you and you looked at the others quickly, begging them to do something.

Yongguk came closer and ripped Jongup’s shirt up the middle to get it out of the way. For some reason, you weren't surprised to see Jongup’s torso covered in scars. Some were larger than others, some were newer than others. Shaking your head a little, you looked up again.

Himchan brought some towels to dry him off. “It looks like it went clean through him.” He remarked as he cleaned and dried off the wounded area. “I want you to hold the pressure while I get everything ready.” Himchan looked at you and you nodded, moving to hold the bloody towel in place as he let go.

“He’ll be okay.” Sae said from the doorway. She was standing there, holding onto the door frame as she faced the room.

Yongguk bolted over to her, wrapping his arms around her in the tightest hug you had ever seen. She laughed and hugged him back. They stood there and whispered things to each other at the doorway. You looked away and moved your attention back to the man on the table.

“Himchan, what are you going to do?” You asked, eyeing the things in his hands.

“Stitch him back up.” He pulled some thick thread through a needle as he answered absentmindedly. “Okay, we’ll do the top first, then flip him over. So go ahead and move your top hand.” You did as he told you and watched with curiosity. However, as he stuck the needle through Jongup’s skin, you jumped, startled at the new pain in your side. Himchan was focused on his work and didn’t notice, thankfully. You bit your lip and winced as you felt each prick of the needle.

You sighed in relief when Himchan tied off the thread and cut it. “Wow, good job.” You were impressed by his skill; you didn’t know that he could do stitches so well.

“I’ve had a lot of practice, unfortunately.” He said with a small grin. “Okay, let’s move him over and do the other side.” Your stomach rolled at the idea of feeling all of that again, but you knew you couldn’t avoid it. Together, you turned Jongup onto his left side so that Himchan could close the exit wound as well. You held Jongup in place at his shoulder and hip, clenching him tighter and tighter as Himchan began his work.

You let out a sigh of relief when he pulled away. You admired his work, still impressed with his efficiency. Zelo and Youngjae came in as you were cleaning up. “Daehyun is all dry, warm, and tucked into bed.” Youngjae reported while coming over to admire Himchan’s handiwork. When he spoke again, his tone was rather sarcastic. “Of course, the stitches are perfect,” he sighed, “we’ll take him from here.” Youngjae said as Zelo carefully picked up the man from the table.

You just nodded, suddenly unable to speak. Himchan left to put away the first aid kit and the bloody towels. Once you were alone, you finally allowed yourself to fall to your knees, breathing heavily. You tried to convince yourself that you had to get back up. You had to at least make it to your room. However, when you tried to get up, you couldn’t.

You looked around and your vision lost focus as if you were underwater. You were cold, shivering intensely as you tried to stand. There was still a sharp ache radiating from your side. You held your hand over it, trying to push it out of your body, but that didn’t help. Eventually you fell, unconscious before you even hit the ground.

★☆★☆★☆

 

A/N: Hi guys ^^ so this is Dystopia... What are your thoughts so far? Please let me know~ <3 Thank you for reading this far ^^/