003

CAFFEINE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s not that everyday she had the chance to go all cozy, humming to her favorite playlist on Spotify while cleaning her small apartment; or where she could just laying on her bed and Netflix; that can only be done on specifically Sunday. The only day that she have her off day from her work and uni.

 

Ae Jung has spent six days working her off in the cafe and wrecking her brain out for uni; she just need the whole day to chill and relaxing her body. Everyone deserved a day off and she will make sure that she didn’t do much but to pampered herself. She will make a delicious brunch (where she usually will skip breakfast to sleep more) and sometimes go to shopping when it’s time for her payday.

 

But it’s the different Sunday for her as all she could think is to sleep the whole day. Having so much thoughts in her mind— she definitely need time off for everything. So many things happened in weeks; suddenly she have bodyguards with her and not to forget she just kissed the most dangerous and attractive mafia leader. Ae Jung need to erase that on her mind; that was a mistake. A big one even.

 

She was about to take another nap on the couch when she heard the sound of the door banging. Ae Jung groaned to the disturbing sound and get up from the place. It’s Sunday and she wasn’t expecting any visitor to her apartment. Especially not during her off day. With a lazy steps she went to her main door. 

 

Ae Jung was getting more pissed when the sound didn’t stop for awhile. Not many people know where she lives, well except for her fussy landlord who will come every now and then to collect the money. Annoyingly, she stumbles to the door and yell from inside, “Yes I’m coming”

 

“Surprise!” The voice greet her. “It’s been awhile since I come right?” 

 

“It’s you!” Ae Jung welcoming her visitor happily once she recognized her. “Come in!”

 

“Your face look gloomy just now. Expect for the uninvited guest?” Her friend should know that too when Ae Jung referring to her landlord. “He still making fuss about your rent?” She confirm.

 

Ae Jung just nodded while making herself to the kitchen. “He was. Apparently somebody help me to pay my debt” 

 

Her friend gulped. “Really?! Who?! Spill the tea!” Ae Jung was about to open but then she thought that it wasn’t that important to tell her friend what happened to her past weeks. 

 

Ignoring her friend curiosity, she divert on different topics. “So why suddenly you come to my house? No offense Lee, but it’s been awhile you come to visit. My apartment has been lonely without your presence”

 

She has been friend with Lee for quite long. Lee was a dropped out student, problematic teenager that come hang out at the cafe she works quite often. They immediately clique when Ae Jung makes the best Ice Americano that Lee claimed can beat Starbucks. It’s weird for her at first— by calling each other with last name basis. But Lee said that it’s the safest way for them to interrogate more into each other life. Just like Sehun, Lee was mysterious as well. 

 

Lee didn’t go to college like her nor having a stable job. She goes around places, city to another city looking for a freedom and pleasure. Ae Jung knew that she is a bad influence but one thing that didn’t stop her to befriend with Lee is, she never ask her or even influence her to do all the bad thing. Being her only friend, she glad that at least she met someone that she can call as friend. 

 

“Stopping by Seoul to do few errands. I don’t have any plan to stay longer, actually but then I remember that you are here. So Kim, tell me what are you up these days?” 

 

“My life is not interesting as yours Lee” Ae Jung stuck her tongue out playfully. 

 

“But at least you don’t have to run anywhere is it?” 

 

“Maybe....” If only her friend know that there was mafia gang been following her these days. Not to mention, offer her to be with him. “Anyway I just curious....”

 

“Yes darling tell me” Lee probably not that close to her but she almost knew everything about her friend. “What do you want to ask about?” 

 

“Please don’t take this wrong. Hmm...this is quite personal.....” Ae Jung hesitated. “But....how is it life...you know...being in a mafia group...or whatever the name is”

 

Her friend looking at Ae Jung like she was about to drop the mug that she hold. As far as she remembered, Ae Jung never interested in her world. “You are being weird, Kim”

 

“It’s always thrilling. Like you will never know what’s going to be happen to you. And.....it’s full of ‘D’” She added. Ae Jung are getting more curious with her statement. 

 

“Dangerous, dark, die....” Ae Jung already sweating when she heard that. “......And ” They were laughing together after that. Lee was thinking that Ae Jung was getting weird nowadays, saying that she probably study too much for her uni that her brain already messed up.

 

Surprisingly Ae Jung never judge Lee with her lifestyle. She has been told how dangerous her job is and this is also not the first time her friend remind her to not get touch with this dark world; avoid it while she can because once you are in; you will never find they way out. 

 

There was one time when Lee came to her house at 4am, with scratches and bloods everywhere. Could be one of the aftermath of her job that she never explained. Ae Jung help her to clean her wounds and provide her shelter for Lee to hide for weeks. But then once she deemed that it is safe for her, she will just disappear like that. 

 

Just like this day, when she appears out of nowhere with full of designers clothes and accessories on her hand, she come to visit her. “You are boring Kim. So I decided to make bring you along with me tonight”

 

“Excuse me?” Ae Jung was confused. 

 

“Duh! Girl! It’s weekend! We should go clubbing!” Lee rolled her eyes.

 

Ae Jung quickly shakes her head. “I’m working tomorrow Lee. Besides, I don’t even have any fancy clothes to wear” 

 

“You don’t have to worry about that sweetheart” She started to pull out some dresses and accessories from her Chanel shopping bag.

 

Amazed on how her friend spent so much money on fancy clothes like that, she become more interested. “Where did you get all these?”

 

Lee passes all the expensive clothes to Ae Jung like it was nothing to her. “You can have all this. Don’t worry I bought it. Probably using the illegal money but yeah... at least I’m didn’t steal it” She winks.

 

At that moment Ae Jung already knew that it’s going to be bad. Really bad.

 

...

 

They both stepped in the Nonagon club near Gangnam and as Lee paid the entrance charge, the music started to hit her. The double doors buzzed open and the girls walked in. She can see all the youngsters having fun with their drinks, some on floor and some was too busy grinding on each other body.

 

She also spotted a handsome man and his lover, probably, in an expensive Gucci top that she saw on magazine snuggled as they walked to the exit. Lee turned to Ae Jung and smiled, telling her that that would be normal and said that she should enjoy her night too. Or maybe find someone to have fun with.

 

While taking her hand, they walked past the tables of people as they drank and screamed over the music to talk. She then decided to dragged her to the right side of the club. She took her by the hand, led her straight away to the dance floor. Maybe Lee forget or she not even bother to know, but Ae Jung couldn’t dance.

 

Few minutes has passed but Ae Jung ended up just throwing herself around, getting lost in the people surrounding her. All the bodies pressed against her, the industrial music loud and crisp. The bass shook her bones and her ribcage felt like it was rattled to pieces. Feeling uncomfortable being in the crowded, she excuse herself to the bar section.

 

“Hey” She was greet by the bartender as soon as she landed of the bar stool. “Anything to drink?”

 

“What’s good?” Ae Jung immediately regret on her words. It is so obvious that she didn’t go out much for this kind of nightlife.

 

“You are not in c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter