002

CAFFEINE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She has been staring at the number written in the tissue for a quite sometime. Amazed with the fact that a man like him would actually giving her his number in a that way. Like a teenage boy who just met his lover; like a normal person would do. Not with harsh, violence way that she thought he will do by judging his lifestyle. 

 

They only met once and Ae Jung thought that she is that typical normal girl that he supposed not to get attracted with. She is a plain uni student that works part time in this small coffee shop. Compare to all those girls who seems y in their Dior perfume, she is just someone who wasn’t even that pretty with a strong smell of coffee on her uniform. 

 

That was the reason that made herself to not believe on this man; the one that almost her life on that night but barely looking for her in the following week. Sehun. What he want, what he need— she have to know. It could be that this so called mafia leader just wanted to have some fun with her before he kill her soon. 

 

“What’s wrong kitten?” He asked as she has been quiet since then. “You scared of me?” 

 

As if he was exploring what exactly her mind thinks of, Ae Jung quickly shakes her head to deny it. “It..just...” She paused in her words when she noticed that her manager calling her name from afar, signaling that she should finish her business with that particular customer sooner. 

 

“Did he give you problem sweetheart? Do you want me torture him a bit for you?” He sounds so relaxing like it was nothing for him. 

 

“N— no! You don’t have to do that” She beat him before Sehun talks more. Whether he putting some jokes or not, Ae Jung knew that he capable to do what he said just now. Even though she hate her manager that much, she didn’t wish his life to be ended, at least not this way.

 

From what she judged, Sehun is fearless one. He didn’t care what other say about him or he didn’t even bat an eyelash when most of the customers in the cafe starting to stares him for his looks. He got tattoos along his right arm. Suitable with his mafia images that he carries everywhere, it comes with an aura with it— it will make everyone fear him. 

 

Sehun doesn’t even care when he suddenly pull Ae Jung wrist to be more closer with him. With force he made the innocence girl shocked when he pull her down to sit on his lap. Her body automatically flex to get up but due to his strong grip on her waist, she was locked to not going anywhere. 

 

His hand softly play with her hair, his eyes fix on her tiny face that has turned red become of the close proximity. “What is your name again?” This time his voice are getting more recognizable as his breath was only an inch away from her. 

 

“Ae— Ae Jung” Her voice is no longer stable at this point.

 

“Ae Jung sweetheart...” He then pull out a cigarette from the box and started to light it up with a zippo. 

 

“I’m sorry sir but....” She have to tell him that he absolutely can’t smoke in the cafe and she saw how her manager eyes widen when he saw it (not until when one of Sehun men has to shut him off when her manager want to alert her). “......you can’t smoke.....here” 

 

His grip on her hair suddenly become tighter that it makes her grasped to his action. “No one here to tell me about what to do” His voice was stern like he was giving a warning. “And what happened to the name that you supposed to call me little girl? Are you forgetting now?” 

 

“No— Sehun. I’m sorry” 

 

“Good girl aren’t you? You had no idea how bad I want to keep you to myself” He was getting softened again. Ae Jung was so confused with him. There will be a moment that he will be all soft and kind to her and in a blink of moment he will back to be that cold hearted, fearless, scary mafia. Maybe she have to remind herself that with him, it can be so many possibilities. 

 

“How about you quit this job then?” How on earth this man that she just met once, telling her to quit her job; the only source of money that she got to support her fees on uni and also the way source for her to keep alive. Even the cafe didn’t pay her much, but it is enough for her to live alone. 

 

“But I still need the money and—“ Ae Jung didn’t have time to finish up her words before he added, “I’m offering you to work with me. I can pay you as much as you want. Hell no. I would give you everything for you to stay with me”

 

“What can I do for you, Sehun?” 

 

He chuckled before dropping his gaze to her eyes again. “Just stay with me and be pretty” 

 

Her eyes widen. Ae Jung knew where this conversation going to. She has been a uni student and she heard how some girls were pampered by luxuries items and money. In exchange to give companionship to the person who provide all of that to them. It couldn’t be that this man is offering her the same thing. “......Did you mean...to be your sugar baby?”

 

“You surely did your research right?” He puffed on his cigarette before explaining, “Nah that wasn’t my things. Unlike Baekhyun, he loved that kind of kinks”

 

“Don’t expose me like that Oh Sehun. It will ruin my innocence images!” His answer remind her that actually the other guy was still there with them. All this while keeping his mouth shut to give chances for his friend to talk to her.

 

“I want you to keep this....” Sehun point out to his number that he wrote on the piece of tissue. “.......And think about my offer throughly. I won’t ask you the same thing again. So I want you to go back, thinking of me and.....I really hope that you will agree”

 

He finish it with a whisper on her ear. Too soft that it give made her shivers immediately. “You and I.....together we will run the world”

 

There's nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world as his. Life is not a movie and she knew that that kind of life that he’s offered is not like a fairytale that she always dreamed of. Part of the whole gangster thing is the thrill and soon she will become addicted to it. 

 

If one think that he will suddenly going to from gangster to a normal citizen. They are wrong. He may change his ways one day but the reality is a lot time will need to pass and many bad things will need to happen before he gets tired of it and says enough; only if he makes it that long. Only two ways this ends for him is prison or death. 

 

There is a reason why everyone despise those gangsters. Eventually their life is surrounded by random girls and he will cheat on her. He will display a bad temper often, not necessarily through violence or abusive speech, but he will display it. It is their nature. Most importantly; Ae Jung knew that he will broke her heart someday.

 

That’s when she decided to stop him, “.......Wait...Sehun” She took a long breath before letting out what she thought will be the solution of her problems. “...What if...What if I refuse your offer” 

 

He smirks. 

 

“You are not going to decline my offer baby girl. No one ever reject Oh Sehun”

 

...

 

For a 22 years old teenage girl, she already have so much thing on her way. Living with a fussy landlord or her apartment, having a grumpy annoying manager on her workplace and never ending task of her uni life, she barely survive the whole . 

 

Sometimes she wonder why she had to working so hard just to make her survive in this millennial life. She was working her off in the cafe, only to devote almost all her earnings to pay for her apartment rent and uses up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter