Chapter 2

truly,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

 

Am I dreaming?

I blinked my eyes a few times to check if this is real. But no matter how many times I opened my eyes, the fact still doesn't change. There was a beautiful stranger lying on my small single bed.

It's the lady I saved from the bar last night, the same one in the picture I captured at the art gallery. Her brown hair spread across my pillow and her white milky skin rested comfortably against my bedsheet. Her sleeping face looked so serene, made me wonder what she was dreaming about.

I hope I'm in her dream.

Suddenly I feel my cheeks heating up. It's not even warm but my palms are sweating. What is happening to me?

I looked at her beautiful face again, trying to look for an explanation. But the more I stare at her, the faster my heart beats.

How can there be someone this beautiful?

I ignored my rapid heartbeat and my sweating palms. I moved closer to her. I just can't take my eyes off her. The unknown feeling inside me continue to grow and I'm letting it taking over me.

I like staring at her face.

I like her.

"Oh my, what am I thinking?" I said, shaking my head vigorously.

My mind begin to look for an excuse for me feeling that way. All I can think of is because of my lack of sleep. I barely slept at all last night and my brain has now fried like pieces of nuggets in the pan. That must be the reason I'm acting weird. But,

The reason I can't sleep last night was her. I sat by her side and watch her while she was sleeping. I didn't even realize it when the morning came. The sun suddenly pried through the windows.

I glanced at the clock by my bed and noticed that it was already 7:30 am. She will wake up anytime soon. Just thinking about it made me nervous.

What should I say to her when she woke up?

I scratched my hair, thinking.

I should… introduce myself first, then maybe explain to her about last night. I must explain to her that I had to brought her home since I don't know who to call. She had no purse or phone with her, so how would I know? I don't even know her name. She should be able to understand it, right?

She won't think of me as a ert, will she?

I shook my head, brushing off my tendency to over analyze things.

"I should buy her breakfast… yeah." I said to myself.


**


"Arghhh my head is killing me!" Yena whined.

She just entered the office with a hand over her head. She's half an hour late to work that morning.

"Eunbi, do you have any more of that hangover pills? I could really use one right now." She said to her colleague at the opposite desk.

But there was no response.

"YAH KWON!" She shouted.

I was startled at Yena's sudden intrusion.

"Oh, Yena, you're… early." I said nonchalant.

Yena looked at me with creased eyebrows as if I just said something wrong.

"What?"

She walked to me and leaned against my desk before putting a hand on my forehead like a caring mother.

"What happened to you last night?" She asked suddenly.

I was shocked at Yena's instinct.

I looked at her without saying anything and then she nodded.

"You met someone isn't it?"

She's just very sharp. Sometimes I think she has psychic powers.

I sighed. "Yes, well… not exactly. It's pretty complicated.."

"Oooohh! Tell me! Tell me everything! I want to know every detail!" She gushed. She pulled her chair immediately and sat closely next to me.

"Is he hot? Is it someone I know?" She asked continuously.

I shook my head. "More like… beautiful."

"Did you guys… you know, do it? Did you get his number? Will you two meet again?" She asked in one breath. I wonder how she did it.

I stared at her, shocked. "That's not what happened! It's not even close to that kind of stuff."

She let out a loud sigh. "Really? Ah, that's disappointing. I thought you finally letting someone into your bed, er, I mean your heart."

I rolled my eyes and told Yena everything that happened last night. She stared intensely at me as I unveil my story starting from the art gallery until how it ended in my apartment.

"That's what happened." I ended my note.

"Ohhhh, wow. So you saved her from being ? Like a hero?"

I nodded.

"And then she left without saying anything? Not even a thank you note?"

"I went out to buy her breakfast, since you know there's nothing edible in my apartment. But when I came back, she's no longer there. Not even a single trace of her was left. Just her… scent lingers in the air."

"Hmm, scent huh?"

I nodded weakly.

"And I'm guessing now you can't stop thinking about her?"

"Well, I…

"No matter what you do, her face appears and wherever you go, you can't forget her sweet scent. I bet she even appeared on your laptop screen."

“Yeah." I replied sheepishly.

I can't hide anything from Yena anyway.

Suddenly she grabbed my shoulders and stared deeply into my eyes.

"OH MY GOD, KWON EUNBI!" She said, loudly.

"Wh-what?"

"Looks like you're in love." She said, whispering.

I stared at my best friend, dumbfounded. I wanted to deny that statement, but my body just froze hearing her accusation. As if it was true.

"And I think… you're gay." She added, her voice even lower.

I gulped. I'm… what?

Then she grinned, "No worries! I already expected that! I knew there's something off with you when you didn't show a bit interest in Shownu! That man is one y beast!"

"Yena, I don't think I changed my ual orientation and fell in love with a stranger that I barely knew in one night. That's just not logical. And I do think Shownu is cute."

"LOVE IS NEVER LOGICAL!" Yena suddenly shouted and I was almost thrown off my chair. I could get heart attack if she keeps this up.

"And you think he is cute, means that you only like him as a friend or as a cute pet with spiky hair but nothing more! You don't have that desire… that kind of deep passion with him or any other man you've met! But! With this mysterious beautiful stranger, you just want to make babies with her!"

I could feel my face heated up immediately. Yena looked at the flustered me with her annoying grin. I shook my head repeatedly.

"I-I don't have that kind of intention with her!"

"Of course you don't." Yena replied. I know she's just being sarcastic. This girl.

"Plus, I don't recall girls can get pregnant by having with each other-

She pointed at me with her index finger, causing me to stop talking.

"SEE! YOU DO WANT TO DO THAT WITH HER!"

"What the- I DON'T!"

"Okay enough! Why are we discussing about this in the morning? Are you still drunk?"

I opened the top drawer of my desk and grabbed a bottle of pills. I handed the bottle to Yena.

"Eat this and sober up."

Yena took two pills and threw it down before she swallowed it with a glass of water that I gave her. She looked calmer now.

"The thing is…" She suddenly said.

I looked at her and waited.

"You can't stop thinking about this girl. This never happened to you before, like ever. You're opening your heart to her." She continued.

I shook my head. "I'm just weirded out by her right now, that's all. I'm sure I'll get over her tomorrow."

"I don't think so. I think she'll still be on your mind tomorrow and the day after. And by the end of the week you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter