Chapter 1

truly,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

 

I am not the typical romantic kind of girl who believes in love and fairy tale. Me, Kwon Eunbi had lived for 25 years and proud to say that I've never fallen in love. My friends said that I was too picky or just too slow to notice the affection I have from the men around me.

"You're not my type."

Is probably the most common line I used to reply to their cheesy pick up lines.

"Nobody is her type."

Is what my friends labeled me with. Some of them even thinks I'm a lesbian. I don't know, I think I just have a really high standards to actually like anyone in that way.

But Yena said,

"One day you'll meet that one person who will make you believe in love. No matter how hard you tries to deny it, that person is your type. And you will fall head over heels for this fella and willing to sacrifice anything in the world just to make your loved ones happy. Even if it means you're bleeding inside."

Yeah right, anything in the world. Maybe that one day will arrive in another 10 years or so.

That is my over the top dramatic best friend, Yena who is a total opposite of me. She had loved and being heartbroken so many times and yet she's still searching for her so called Mr. Right. She said that experience will make a woman stronger and wiser in the search of finding their soulmates. And yet she came to me crying about another douche. I think she watched too much dramas.

Just thinking about love and relationship makes my head spin. And being surrounded with all these mushy love artworks is not helping. I won't be here if it's not because of my job.


*ka cha*


I snapped another photo. It's a photo of a huge painting of a heart shape. The painting looks a bit bizarre, but I can't put my finger on it. Then I saw a faint white line in the middle of the heart, the kind that you can't see it with a glance. It's hidden. The heart..breaks? Hidden heartbreak?

"Eunbi-ah!" A voice called.

I turned around and saw Yena's happy face hurrying towards me.

"Have you finished taking pictures at this area? I just met the artist and he agreed to do an interview with us!" She said, excited.

"Oh really? He wants to do the interview now?"

"Yes now! Hurry up before other reporters took our chance!"

I held tight to my camera as I followed Yena who lead me through the crowd at the art gallery. It's the opening week of the famous artist, Cha Eunwoo's latest work with the theme 'Love'.



**



"I can't believe we just met the famous Cha Eunwoo! He's so good looking!" Yena gushed.

"Meh, he's alright, but quite cocky." I replied nonchalant.

I realized the deathly glare that Yena shot at me, but I choose to ignore it. I was too busy checking the photos I took earlier. I hope I have enough usable shots for the article. I must give a good impression on my first article.

I was lucky to get a position as a photographer for Korea's Marie Claire magazine. I thanked Yena who recommended me to her superiors. She's luckier to get the job as a journalist as soon as she graduated while I was wandering without a proper job for a year. It's hard to land a job with a degree in photography. I spend that one year working in various places to pay my education loan and bills. I've worked in the fish market, supermarket, cafes, wore animal costumes and yoga instructor. All at the same time. Life was hard back then.

"He is soooo talented! I mean look at his artworks! All those love themed paintings and sculptures..ahh I'm sure he's a sensitive man! I want to marry him." Yena continued.

"Good luck with that." I replied with a chuckle. I really hope she could just concentrate on her driving instead.

She glared at me.

"Ah, I forgot who I'm talking to. It must be a torture for you to be in that art gallery and surrounded by all the overflowing emotional feelings of love all over you."

I rolled my eyes. Yena is being dramatic again.

"I think you should come to those places more often so that you can shed some light and expose the warmth of love to your dark frozen heart."

Yena poked one finger on my chest as she held the steering wheel.

"I know somewhere in there, is a romantic, mushy part of you just want to come out. After all you're a girl who read mushy novels and plays guitar." She said with a wink.

I shuddered.

"Yah! Can't you just concentrate on the road?!" I retorted, pushing her hand away.

Yena shook her head.

"I'm waiting for the day you came to me and say, 'Yena, I think I fell in love..at the first sight."

"In your dreams! Love at first sight doesn't exist! It's like Vampires or..Santa Claus!"

Yena sighed.

"One day you'll see. Just wait for it."

Though Yena is such an annoying Juliet, I just couldn't hate her. Maybe I've gotten used to it.

I continue to check the photos taken at the art gallery, one at a time. I took quite a lot of good shots of the mushy paintings unconsciously. I must be brainwashed. I shook my head and go through the photos roughly until I saw that one picture.

It was the picture of the hidden broken heart. I don't know why but I can't stop staring at it. There's something on the picture. Wait, who is that?

I didn't noticed it earlier but there was a young lady in red standing in front of the painting. She was smiling, but I find the expression on her face was nothing but sorrow. As if she was portraying the painting. There were no tears on her face but I could feel her emotions. She's heartbroken but she's trying to hide it with her bitter smile.

"What are you staring at? Is that a hot Eunwoo's picture?" Yena suddenly asked.

I startled and almost dropped my precious Nikon.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?"

"Ssanta claus.." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Hey, wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter