Chapter 8

truly,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Eunbi, dance with me." Sakura whispered to me.

She took my hands and gently intertwined it with hers before pulling me away from the stool where I was sitting. As if I was hypnotized by her eyes, I stood up and followed her to wherever she was taking me to. I stared at her beautiful as she pushed through the crowd on the dance floor, in her y party dress that made a few heads turn along the way. Soon, she stopped, as we reached the middle of the dance floor and the people around us moved, making a room for the two of us.

I was unable to say anything to her, when she was gleaming under the disco ball; I suddenly became a fool. She looked at me, with that pair of sparkling eyes of hers, filled with hidden codes behind her gaze that a fool like me can't decipher.

When she suddenly let go of my left hand, I felt as if I lost my balance and almost fell. But she quickly slid that hand around my waist and in turn, saving my life. I wrapped my arm around her waist, tightening any gap between us.

Only God knows how much I missed her.

We looked at each other, diving deep into each other's thoughts without caring about our surroundings. We were not even dancing.

"How are you?" I asked.

She smiled, but I could tell that she was faking it. Her eyes can’t lie.

"I almost finished your portrait." She replied, not really answering the question. I don't even care about that portrait.

"Don't you miss me?" She suddenly asked.

I was surprised. But it was a pleasant surprise, and my heart was leaping with joy.

"I see your face in my breakfast, lunch and dinner," I replied.

She chuckled, and it quickly became my favorite sound of the day.

Suddenly, she removed her hand from my waist and threw it around my shoulders. I became stiff when she buried her face at the crook of my neck. I was just glad I washed my hair this morning.

I felt her warm breath on the sensitive part of my body, and it sent tingles to my heart.

"Eunbi… I'm tired," she whispered.

Though the club stereo was blasting, I felt as if I could filter the noise and hear only her voice. Her whispers were clear to me.

"You should rest-

"But I have to talk to you," she cut in.

There was something in her tone that made me scared. She slowly looked up and stood straight in front of me. We looked at each other.

She took a deep breath, like there was something important she has to announce. I held my breath in anticipation.

I came here today to tell you that I...

She paused and looked at me, as if I could help her finish her words. I can't; all I could do was sensing hesitation in her unfinished sentence. She didn't want to say it, but she HAVE TO.

"That I..." she paused again.

I saw her eyes begin to fill with tears. This was heartbreaking.

"I'm sorry, Eunbi I..." She paused for the third time.

I took her hands and gently pressed it with mine. She looked at me, like a little puppy in distress.

"Kkura, it's okay, you can tell me," I said, calming her down.

I was ready to accept anything she was about to say, I'll leave if she asked me and stay if she wants me. Though I'm praying hard for the latter.

Sakura stared straight into my eyes, and it was so intense I could hardly breathe. That was when she said it, the three magical words that changed my life.

"I love you."

The only thing that came to my mind was...

Am I dreaming?

I never knew hearing a confession from someone you love can make you feel like you're floating ten feet off the ground, and suddenly the world around you stop spinning, and the crowded club turned into an open field with green grass where there was no one else but us two. The annoying hip hop song in the background changed to a cheesy love song in my ears, and the disco ball above me is the sun shining in the morning. I could list another 40 feelings I felt at the time.

"Eunbi, I love you," Sakura repeats as if the first time wasn't clear enough.

I looked at her, who was blushing like it was her first time ever saying those words to anyone.

There was no word that was enough to express my feelings, so I followed my heart. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer before I pressed my lips on hers with one swift move.

Our eyes were closed, and leave the world behind us as we shared our passionate kiss.


**


When Sakura opened her eyes that morning, she did not feel like leaving the bed. She pulled the blue blanket over her body, and tucked her hand under the pillow like a little child preparing for bedtime. She missed the bed, the blanket and the pillow so much she didn't feel like getting up. The only thing that could take her away from the bed was the owner, Eunbi.

Sakura could not stop smiling as she laid on the mattress, recalling what happened the night before.

From the club, they shared a taxi and headed back to Eunbi's apartment. Eunbi made a bowl of ramyun, which they shared while snuggling in bed. The story finished as they emptied the bowl and fell asleep in each other's arms. Sakura knew it could lead to so much more, but she was holding herself back. Things are not yet final between her and Irene.

She wanted to hide under the blanket for a little longer, but the smell of fresh pancakes lured her out of the bed. She climbed down, making her way to the kitchen in Eunbi's oversized orange pajamas. There she saw a beautiful young woman standing by the stove, busily flipping the last pancake for their breakfast. Sakura could not help but flutter at the sight; Eunbi with her hair was tied up, wearing a white top with beads of sweat on her forehead.

Sneakily, she tiptoed to her, making sure her presence was unnoticed. She stood behind her before slyly slid her arms around the other girl's waist.

"Oh my!" I was startled.

"Good morning, Eunbi!" Sakura said cheerfully.

Realizing the person was Sakura and not a erted intruder, I let out a relieved sigh and turned around.

 

Kkura," I replied, still in disbelief that this girl was now in the kitchen with me.

I stared at the beauty in front of me, as the memory of last night played back in my mind. The feeling of cuddling her to sleep last night was still fresh on my mind. Even though we were just sleeping together like two teenagers having sleepover, it was by far the best moment in my life.

Suddenly, a strong burnt smell creeped up my nose. And judging by Sakura's scrunched nose, I'm sure she smelt it too.

"OH MY GOD! YOUR PANCAKE!" Sakura suddenly shouted, pointing at behind me.

I totally forgot that there was a last pancake in the pan. I could not even differentiate the pancake and the pan anymore; they were all charcoal black. I turned off the stove immediately and threw the pan into the sink before turning on the tap and let the water run on it. The pan made sizzling sounds under the running water, emitting another unpleasant smell.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter