Chapter 6

truly,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6
 

It is you.

Kkura, I miss you.

I froze as I watched Irene reached forward to grab Sakura's right hand. I felt as if a needle just pricked through my heart and god, it hurts so much. I saw Sakura's mouth crept up, forming a sweet smile as they walked hand in hand into the hall and my heart just sunk deeper.

"Hey, that's Sakura, isn't it?" Yena asked, slightly whispering beside me.

I nodded weakly in response. In my mind there were hundreds of questions I wanted to ask Sakura.


Who is she to you?

Who am I to you?

Then why did you make me fall in love with you?

How could you-


Unknowingly I paced forward towards them.

"Eunbi, where are you going?" I heard Yena asked.

I didn't reply her, instead I kept my steps steady and firm, determined to confront them. I was sick of running away and crying in my sleep, thinking about all the questions without answers.

Yena followed me.

"Eunbi, what do you want to do?!" Yena asked, panicked. She tugged my shirt, attempting to stop me.

But I didn't say anything.

And soon we caught up with them.

"Excuse me, Miss Irene," I said, as polite as possible.

Irene and Sakura stopped walking and they slowly turn around. I held my breath, waiting for them to face me and then our eyes met.


Sakura and I.

Her expression changed tremendously as our gaze finally met. Her sweet smile was gradually replaced by a pale and shocked face.

"You-


THUD


She paused when she dropped her purse to the marble floor.

Irene shook her head and looked at Sakura incredulously, as if it was a crime to be clumsy. I bit my lip and kneeled down to pick up her purse without hesitation.

I could feel their eyes on me as I got up with Sakura's purse. But I simply didn't care.

"Here you go," I said, handing the expensive purse to Sakura.

Even though I was hurting, I still managed to smile at her. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a fake smile. Truly, I'm just so happy to see her on this night.

Yes, I missed her that much.

"Th-thank you," Sakura said.

She let go of Irene's hand and reached forward to take her purse from me. Our eyes met again, and I could see the guilt hidden behind her eyes.

I gulped.

"My pleasure," I replied short.

Our eyes were still fixed on each other even after she took her purse. There were so many unspoken things between us and it can't be resolved by just staring at each other like this. I was determined to find the answers tonight.

"Eunbi, let's go," I heard Yena whispered from beside me. She pulled my arm.

"It was nice meeting you both…" Yena said, pulling me away. But I stood still, not moving an inch from where I was, like a statue.

"Saku, we should go," Irene said, grabbing Sakura's hand.

I bit my lip. I can't explain how much it hurts seeing them holding hands. It just hurts.

To everyone's surprise, Sakura pulled her hand away, leaving Irene's hand to touch nothing but air.

"Saku-

I suppressed a smile.

"Can I ask you two a few questions?" I boldly asked. Yena stared at me, worried if I might do something stupid to the J.Estina heiress.

"Didn't I already answer you back there?" Irene replied, annoyed.

"Yeah, but we'd like to get to know you better, Ms. Irene. I'm sure people want to know more about the beautiful heiress of one of the most successful jewellery line in South Korea," I said with deliberate emphasize on the 'beautiful' part.

It didn't take long until Irene shrugged before nodding, "Okay, but hurry up."

I smiled, amazed at the power of flattery.

"First things first, can you two move a bit closer for a photo?" I said, with my camera ready in my hands.

"Wh-Why?" Sakura asked, puzzled.

"Because…

I smiled.

... you two look good together," I replied bitterly.

Sakura bit her lip, speechless.

Then Irene put her arms around her waist and posed for a friendly picture. I smiled and pressed the shutter, even though my fingers were shaking. I wonder how much longer I can fake this.

I cleared my throat, "So you two are...

"She’s like my younger sister," Irene quickly replied.

"Of course," I nodded.

Sakura looked down.

"So... how long have you two been close like this?" I asked casually.

"We've known each other since Sakura was in high school and I was in college. Our families are close. It's been almost 4 years now," Irene replied proudly. Casually, she turned to her side and adjusted Sakura's bangs with her fingers though the latter seems uncomfortable with her actions.

I let out a small chuckle to prevent the tears that's been building up in my eyes from falling. I don't think I take this anymore.
 

"Oh... that's a really long time… I'm guessing you two were still close like sisters say like a month ago?" I asked as the tough wall around me slowly falls apart.

Yena gasped at my ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter