Chapter 3

truly,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

I was surprised when she wanted to meet me again after our first lunch date.

On that day I tried too hard to act cool, I ended up being clumsy. I spilled my drink twice on the table and even the waiter was complaining. Though I spend hours memorizing the useful jokes with Yena to charm her, my mind was blank when I'm actually in front of her. In the end I told her a story about Yena that wasn’t even funny. But she laughed at it as if it was absolutely hilarious.

I found out that she's 3 years younger than me, and also very fluent with Korean, though she still have a little cute accent. She told me she grew up in Japan before moving to Korea because of her father’s work. She asked me to call her Sakura but I insisted calling her Kkura anyway.

I told her a lot of things about myself, like my current job, my friends and my family back home. But the only thing I know about her is her job. She's an art graduate and currently working on personal projects.

But I'm okay with that since I know I have plenty of time to get to know her. I want us to take things slowly.

We met again for lunch the next day.

And the day after.

Yena told me that I shouldn't rush into this relationship but when I told her that I've already went out with Sakura three times in a week, she gave up giving me advice.

Today is our fourth date. We've both agreed to watch a movie after work. I clocked out of my office on time and skipped my way out of the building. I stood there and contemplating whether I should take the bus or the taxi. Bus is cheaper but taxi is faster. I'm saving money to buy a car so I'm quite careful about the money I spend.

But in the end, I’ve decided to the take the taxi. I don't want to keep Sakura waiting for me. I’d rather be the one who waits.

I arrived at the theatre an hour early. It’s okay, I can buy the tickets and snacks while waiting for her. I sat by the theatre’s entrance with my pair of tickets and a jumbo sized popcorn. I sipped on the cola as I wait.

I've finished my drinks and she still hasn't arrived.

The movie will start in 5 minutes and I'm starting to worry. Not worrying if we missed the movie, but if something happens to her on the way here. I stood up and glanced around the theatre. There were people everywhere, hence making it difficult for me to look for her.

I took out my phone and called her number. I don't want to rush her but I'm getting worried by the second.
 

"Eunbi!" A voice called.

Her face emerged from behind the crowd and my heart was beating fast. I pushed a few people just to get to her faster and as soon as I'm in front of her, I stopped.

"I'm sorry! I was stuck in the traffic earlier!"

She's alright. I felt like wrapping my arms around her tightly but I didn't.

"How long have you waited for me? I'm so sorry!" She apologized repeatedly.

"Hey, it's okay. I also just got here," I lied.

"Ah really? I feel bad for making you wait.."

I can wait for you forever.

"If you're really sorry, then maybe you can treat me to movies next time," I said, slyly securing another date.

She smiled. "I see what you did there, Kwon Eunbi.”

“Okay fine, the next movie is on me."

I grinned.

"Let's go, we're already late." I said as I casually grabbed her hand. I feel she's clasping onto my palm in response. I couldn't hide my happiness. We looked at each other and smiled.

It's the first time we're holding hands and it felt so right.


**


"You held hands? That's a good progress." Yena said.

"I know right? I don't want to wash my hands anymore."

Yena laughed and rolled her eyes.

"What happened after the movie? Did you walk her to her house?"

"We took a taxi and then I sent her home."

"Where does she lives?"

"I don't know."

"You said you send her home."

"I walked her halfway, but then she insisted me to leave since it was getting late.”


Yena didn't say anything, but I saw that look in her eyes.

"Why? Does it matter where she lives?"

"Yeah. Especially if you're serious with her. You should at least know that. Is she living alone or with her family? You can tell a lot from someone's house."

"Well, I will know about that eventually. We've only been seeing each other for a week. You're the one who said that I should take things slowly."

Yena sighed.

"Alright. Do you know what she does?"

"She's an artist."

"A singer?"

"No, I meant a painter."

"Is that why she was at the art gallery that day, to check out paintings?"

"Ah, I think so," I forgot to ask Sakura about the art gallery.

Yena nodded. "You know what, I'm just worried about you."

"Trust me, there's nothing that you should worry about."

"Okay, then maybe you can bring Sakura to the club sometime and hang out with us. Shownu is dying to meet the girl who stole you from him."

I laughed.

"Alright. I'll ask Kkura about it."

 

**


"That movie was so sad! I can't stop crying!" Sakura said as we walked out of the movie theater. She was holding a piece of tissue that was already we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter