narrative of 181227

everyday i get worse (please let others know about us)

Jackson was absolutely stunned. He took a walk to release some of the negative energy he had been feeling since he found out he would be spending his last day home alone. He strolled the his city’s streets, attempting to take it all in before he had to go back to Seoul for school. He stopped by one of his favorite cafes to pick up a drink and then probably go home to sulk in peace when he turned around and saw the most beautiful person Jackson’s sure he’s ever seen. Ever.

 

And if Jackson thought the literal angel right in front of him couldn’t get more perfect, he was also drinking a watermelon smoothie; finally someone with actual taste. He can’t believe that the rest of his friends thought that watermelon was “okay” when it’s literally the best thing ever.

 

Jackson sips his drink as he tries not to stare too long at the guy and figures out how the heck he’s gonna approach him. He’s live tweeting some thoughts when he sees the man pull out a tourist map and give it a look of frustration. Jackson clears his throat and tries not to cough out his drink; oh my gosh this guy is too cute and here Jackson is making an absolute fool of himself.

 

As a few moments go by and the Jackson sees the guys still staring confusedly at the map, he decided that his was his chance and slowly made his way to the guy’s table, awkwardly waving to catch his eye.

 

“Um, hi, do you need any help?” he asked in quiet and quick Cantonese. The guy’s face scrunched in confusion and Jackson immediately backpedaled. “Do you need any help?” He tried again in mandarin, hopeful.

 

The guy’s face relaxed in relief. “Yes, please,” he admitted bashfully, pushing a strand of hair behind his ear. Jackson swallowed. He tried to sip his own smoothie again and missed his straw.

 

He motioned to the chair in front of the guy, who nodded a go ahead. Once he was seated Jackson cleared his throat and was about to point out some better places not highlighted on the map in front of them when he remembered-

 

“Oh, I’m Jiaer.”

 

“Yien.”

 

Yien smiled at him and Jackson thought maybe it wasn’t a bad thing his parents couldn’t spend his last day at home with him after all.