narrative of 190103 (2/2)

everyday i get worse (please let others know about us)

dialogue heavy!

-

(directly after the last chapter:)

 

Mark was playing some games on his phone when Jackson walked out of the locker, quickly toweling his hair dry. He beelined straight towards him and quickened his steps when Mark caught sight of him and smiled, immediately putting his phone away.

 

Jackson stopped just in front of him and opened his mouth when Mark suddenly reached out to brush an errant drop of water from Jackson’s hairline absentmindedly. Jackson felt like he could combust on the spot. It was amazing.  

 

“Dinner?” Mark asked him, hand moving to the back of Jackson’s neck to play with the hair there.

 

“Oh my God please, I’m starving!” Jackson said, dramatically falling forward so that he could slump on Mark. Mark snorted and patted his head.

 

“Good, I owe you a dinner anyway. Let’s go.”

 

-

 

(over dinner:)

 

“It’s really funny how I could have avoided my whole angst episode if Jaebum introduced you to me by your name.”

 

“Technically, Mark is still my name Jiaer.”

 

“...Okay true, but still! It would have helped a lot! And cleared a hell lot of confusion!”

 

“Like you’re any better! You have just as many names as I do!-”

 

“I think I have one more than you…”

 

“-it’s the problem of being foreign here...Wait you do? What is it? You might as well tell me now so we don’t have to go through of all this again.”

 

“...Ga Yi. It’s the Cantonese version of my name.”

 

“....”

 

“....You look like you want to say something…”

 

“I...I just think it fits you is all.”

 

“That’s not what you were going to say.”

 

“...It’s just that your nicknames would be really cute….Gaga.”

 

“....”

 

“Oh my God are you okay?! Why are you turning red? Did you eat something?-”

 

-

 

(later:)

 

“So, I wasn’t thinking wrong right? Like we’re dating right? We’re boyfriends? Because it would be a little awkward if-”

 

“No Jiaer, I don’t want to hold you hand and kiss your handsome face because I like you, where did you ever get that idea from?”

 

“Damn, okay, please stop hanging out with Jinyoung, he’s been a bad influence on you-”

 

-

 

(a littler more later:)

 

“So like just to super clarify, we’re boyfriends right?”

 

“ Yes , boyfriend.”

 

“<3~!”

 

“How the did you say that out loud?!”