narrative of 190106

everyday i get worse (please let others know about us)

how bambam found out about markson:

 

Bambam sighed as he made his way into the library stacks. He was here to get a book for a few citations for his midterm paper. He was so annoyed. Why couldn’t this be available online?! There were books older than this one on the university’s electronic database, why couldn’t this book be uploaded there too?

 

He scanned the shelves and let out a breath of relief when the book he needed was on the lower shelves and not the higher shelves. He grabbed the book and a few others he scanned through, thinking he could probably use them and never have to be back here again for this paper when his ears perked up, picking up a few muffled sounds.

 

His curiosity was immediately piqued. Bambam slowly and silently crept his way closer to the study tables he knew were put at the end of the shelves for students who liked studying in the quiet stacks, pulling his phone out just in case he found some juicy blackmail and had his camera app prepared and open. He placed the books in his arms down on a shelf for a quick second to free his arms.

 

He turned the corner slowly, his hands holding his phone, holding his breath when he froze. In an empty study section was Mark hyung. And Jackson hyung.

 

Jackson was sitting sideways in a chair, Mark in his lap. Jackson was complaining in Mandarin into the Mark’s shoulder, whining “Yien, Yien” a few times as Mark was writing math equations on one of the university’s rolling white boards. After a particularly petulant whine, Mark turned slightly to pat Jackson’s head, exasperated but fond. He by whining a “Jiaer” back at him, using the exact tone of voice. Jackson looked up to pout at him and puff out his cheeks dramatically, making Mark laugh and press a line of giggly kisses on Jackson’s cheek all the way to his mouth. Jackson looked high when Mark turned back to continue writing and Bambam felt like a voyeur. Sure, he had been a voyeur a few times for blackmail purposes, but this was intimate in a way that made Bambam feel bad for intruding upon them, even if it was accidental.

 

Jackson had his arms tight around Mark’s waist, leaning his chin on his shoulder, looking comfortable even though his head jostled a little every time Mark moved his hand to write. He placed a few innocent kisses on Mark’s shoulder, before burying his head in it again, opening his mouth and speaking a little more quietly this time around. Whatever he said made Mark giggle and Bambam knew it was time to leave.

 

He closed the screen of his phone and before he ducked out, he noticed that their breathing was in sync. Bambam smiled softly and left.