narrative of 190107

everyday i get worse (please let others know about us)

how youngjae found out about markson:

 

Youngjae hummed as he walked up the stairs to Jackson hyung’s apartment, Student athletes were all housed in a separate building from the rest of the dorms as it was the closest apartment complex to the university's gym. He was just stopping by to give Jackson hyung back his sweater.

 

Youngjae and him were hanging out a few days ago and they were laughing so hard together that Youngjae accidentally spilled tea on his own sweater. He couldn’t wear it outside since it was too wet and so Jackson gave him his own to get home. Youngjae did laundry today and wanted to give it back before he forgot.

 

He knocked Jackson hyung’s door a few times, but got no answer. Youngjae tried texting and calling him, but still got no answer. Youngjae sighed and looked at the time; it wasn’t that late into the afternoon and Jackson hyung didn’t post that he was anywhere on his snapchat story…

 

Youngjae just shrugged and looked both ways down the hallway before he pull the spare key he knew Jackson hyung kept hidden in the fire extinguisher case across from his door. He unlocked the door and put the key back from he it was stashed, making his way into Jackson’s apartment.

 

“Hyung?” He called out, but received no answer. Youngjae toed off his shoes and noticed a jacket he’d never seen Jackson hyung use before laying on the top of the couch. He peeked into the kitchen but it was empty save for a few snacks on the counter. He didn’t hear the water running in the bathroom and moved to check Jackson hyung’s bedroom.

 

He knocked before he entered and only peeked his head in just in case.

 

He needn’t have worried. Jackson was sleeping on top of his covers, notes and books opened around him, glasses slipped down to the tip of his nose as he leaned against the headboard.

 

What had Youngjae raising his eyebrows though, was that Jackson wasn’t alone. Leaning against him, was one of Jinyoung’s friends -Mark. Mark was also fast asleep, soft breaths making his chest rise and fall gently. He was leaning against Jackson’s shoulder, cheek pressed against, Jackson’s head leaning on his head. They looked so comfortable and adorable that Youngjae couldn’t help but take a picture to add to his album of “cute things not coco.” Besides Youngjae thought, he’s sure Jackson hyung wouldn’t mind if he gave him this photo later on. Youngjae quietly dimmed the lights and made sure that the pair’s study materials weren’t going to fall off the bed, marking pages and saving anything open on laptops before he left.

 

As he was walking back to his apartment he wondered how Jackson and Mark had met, before realizing that Mark must have been the friend that Jaebum had taken Jackson to meet for dinner a few weeks ago. Youngjae chuckled to himself, Jinyoung hyung and Jaebum hyung had felt a little sad that Mark and Jackson hadn’t hit it off as they’d hoped, just wanting to get their respective friends out of a slump, but perhaps Jinyoung hyung and Jaebum hyung didn’t have to have anything to worry about after all.