ya era hora

Amor Vincit Omnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

about time

 

Taemin’s enlistment became news just two weeks before he was set to begin his training.

Naeun didn’t know how to feel about it. The whole day, she couldn’t concentrate on the script she was studying because all she could think of was him. Who was gonna send him off? How long will he be gone? Will he be okay?

She scolded herself too many times because truthfully, she knew he had no right to know such things anymore. They broken up. Done. Over.

But not being able to stop herself, she finally dialled Eunji’s number. She would know.

“Eonnie,” she started the moment Eunji answered her phone.

“Oh, Naeun-ah?”

“Uhh...Eonnie, are you busy?” she asked, biting on her nail as she waited.

“Not really. My schedule’s still in two hours.”

“Ahh… really? Ummm…” she trailed, trying to think of a way to ask her about him. She and Key have always had a close relationship and Eunji was just the type to not let anything affect that friendship.

“Are you okay, Naeun-ah?”

She took a deep breath and thought about telling her she was fine and just ending the call but she couldn’t bring herself to speak because she knew she was far from being okay. She was spiralling again.

“Nangni?”

“I’m sorry for being weak, eonnie,” Naeun whispered through the tears that had begin to fall from her eyes.

Eunji started to berate her dongsaeng. “You’re not weak, Naeun-ah. Don't be so hard on yourself.”

Naeun fell silent. Her eonnie was the only one who knew how hard it was for her. Many of his friends probably saw her as the who broke his heart, their common friends saw her as the heartless woman who broke off a perfect relationship, but only her closest friends knew the truth. Her truth. Especially Eunji.

Among her members, it was Hayoung whom she was closest with but when she started having doubts about her relationship with Taemin, she couldn’t bring herself to open up completely to her. She knew how close their maknae has grown with him and she was afraid that by talking to Hayoung, all of her feelings would have been invalidated so she turned to Eunji instead. She knew she needed someone tough—someone who will force her to make a decision. That was her Eunji eonnie. “Nangni?”

“Eonnie,” she breathed, her voice still shaky.

Her eonnie sighed. “He starts his training on the 25th. Kibummie said his parents and his hyungs will send him off. You don’t have to worry about him. He’ll be okay, Naeun-ah.”

But even if Eunji would never admit it, they both knew that she was softer than how she appeared to be. They were alike in that department. She had a soft spot for Naeun and it made her want to look out for her even if it had to include keeping tabs on the ex-boyfriend who happened to be one of her close friend’s best friends. She knew not to meddle but Naeun had broken down too many times for her to take the risk. She w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter