omnia mutantur, nihil interit

Amor Vincit Omnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

everything changes, nothing perishes

 

Laying down on the bed in their guestroom, he felt safe. He had been staying there since she left. It was the room in their house with the most minimal belongings. It only had a bed, dressers, and a tiny table.  

He stared at the familiar ceiling, the same ceiling he had been staring at for many nights now because sleep just didn’t come easy for him anymore. Whether his eyes were opened or closed, she was all he could see. Most nights, he would just stare into the fan oscillating above him. He felt empty inside and in order to feel alive sometimes, he’d let himself think about her. He would let himself think about everything that was her—her adorable laugh and her smile that could light up the whole room.

With his chest tightening, he closed his eyes and let himself dream about her.

He had just barely fallen asleep when he heard his phone ringing. He had half a mind of just letting it die on its own because it was probably just one of his hyungs wanting to check on him but something made him reach out and actually check who was calling at this hour.

The phone almost fell out of his hands when he saw the familiar number flashing on his screen. “Naeun-ah,” he breathed the moment he answered the phone. His voice was already shaking.

The other end of the line was quiet but he knew that she was there. She was listening to him. “Naeun-ah… Aegi, I miss you. I miss you so much. Where are you? I’m sorry… Aegi, I love you.” Words were coming out of his mouth quickly. “Please—”

“Oppa,” she cut him off.

Taemin could feel the knife in his chest twist upon hearing her voice. “Aegi…” he whispered and bit his lip so he could try and control his voice. He could already taste blood but he didn’t care. “Odiga? Aegi, can you tell me where you are? I’ll go to you.” He could hear her breathing but she remained quiet. “Please…” he pleaded desperately. “Tell Oppa where you are. Aegi…”

“Oppa…,” she inhaled deeply before continuing. “I’m calling… I’m calling to ask you to please stop trying to look for me. I’m… I’m okay. I just… Please stop calling my members and my family. They shouldn’t be dragged into this...our mess,” she finished.

Trying to ignore everything she said, he tried to plead with her again. “I need to see you. Naeun-ah, I can’t...I can’t live without you…”

“Oppa…” she warned.

He stopped talking. The tears were finally falling from his eyes. He’s hearing her loud and clear but the stubborn part of him just won’t listen. He started to walk around the room in panic. Agreeing would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter