errare humanun est

Amor Vincit Omnia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

to err is human

 

Taemin drowned himself on his new album‒working on the new songs and the new choreography on his own as much as possible. He wanted it to be special for his fans. It was his last project before he starts his training. It was also like his apology for disappearing for about half a year without any explanations.

He was in the middle of pre-recording when his manager called him. He said he was needed in the office to discuss some important matters. He thought of just putting it off like he always did but it was insisted he came as soon as possible so he agreed.

Ignoring the eerie feeling he had in his stomach, he entered the conference room with his manager in tow to meet with one of the junior executives. He made his greeting before his eyes darted on what was on the conference table between them. He felt his stomach begin to churn. There were about 50 pictures or more laid out. All were pictures of him and Naeun.

Sitting down, he tried to look away from the photographs but he found himself just staring at the reminders of what was once their blissful relationship. There were a bunch taken from their last trip to Jejudo, and a lot which included them leaving their apartment or getting into the same car.

One particular photo caught his attention. The shot wasn’t a close up but he could tell it was them. His back was facing the camera and Naeun was in front of him, her hands in his coat pockets as she was whispering something in his ear. He remembered that night all too clearly.  She had picked him up from practice and they had dinner at a nice restaurant somewhere in Gangnam and were about to head home when she decided she wanted to take a walk along Han River. She clung onto him like a glove that night, whispering to him how much she had missed just being with him and how much she loved him.

The executive in front of him began explaining why he was summoned. Normally, the company, along with hers, would take good care of any pictures taken of them. It was an automatic thing, given their status as idols and as valuable assets to the company. That’s why they were never “caught” in any scandal. However, given the circumstances, the company needed to talk to him because their relationship with Plan A ultimately ended with his relationship with Naeun.

"Why now though?" he asked quietly.

"Well it would seem they're very well aware that you two have called it quits but they waited until you both became visible again so they'd get a better deal…” A few beats have passed before he spoke again. "So, what do you want us to do? We can just let Plan A handle it. Given the circumstances, they would have more to lose than us and…”

His brows furrowed. "How is this even a discussion?" he asked, suddenly infuriated with what they were trying to imply.

“We just figured—”

“You figured wrong,” he said through gritted teeth. “Do what you have to do. I don’t want any of these pictures leaking.”

“But the company won’t—”

“I don’t care. I don’t care if I have to pay for everything myself. No pictures get leaked,” he said firmly.

The older man looked at him before finally agreeing. “Okay. Whatever you want, Taemin.”

“Would that be all?” Taemin asked and when he nodded, he stood up to leave, his manager following behind him.

Taemin went back to the recording studio but couldn't find it in himself to focus on anything. His hands were trembling and sweating and he couldn't stay still in his seat so he decided to call it a day.

“Where to?” his manager asked when he got into the van.

“Home,” he replied, and his hyung nodded. “Home. My house. Not my parents’,” he clarified.

“Taemin…” he started to argue. It's been about two weeks since he started going home to his parents’ house and he's been doing so good. He was able to clear his mind and function normally, working on everything he needed to do before he had to leave for his training. He just needed to be alone for a few hours.

“I'm okay, hyung. I promise. I just need some time,” he assured and his hyung just sighed, not being able to do anything but drive him back to his old apartment. Taemin was well aware how the older man was trying hard to catch his eye the whole ride but his gaze focused on nothing else but his phone screen.

“Call me if you need anything, okay?” his manager asked for probably the fifth time since he got off the van and into the house. “I got food delivered and I’ll pick you up tomorrow for recording.

He chuckled, in an attempt to stop him from worrying furthermore because in truth, he was fine. Really. “Yeah, hyung. Please don’t worry about me.”

The moment his manager left and the door closed behind him, Taemin collapsed on the couch and looked around the almost empty house. There were still a few things left unpacked, furniture and appliances but most stuff was already in boxes that were all around.

With heavy steps, he decided to head to the master bedroom.

More boxes came into view. After packing up most of their things by himself, he had asked his manager to have someone pack up the bedroom because he couldn't seem to do it himself. The clothes that she had left a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter