Your arms are more cozy than a woolen blanket

Between Snowflakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know why I didn't think it wasn't suspicious when Minseok gave me the same address of his accommodation as the one in which I was also supposed to stay. However, it didn't seem strange at that time, because I thought that there might be a few houses in this area, and we could be just neighbors.

 

The journey lasted shortly and it passed us very nicely to get to know each other better. I managed to find out that Minseok or Xiumin because it's how his Chinese roommates were calling him, studies in Busan, and to his home in Daegu he returns three times a year (my mother, hearing this, would probably get a heart attack). Minseok has a younger sister who lives with his parents and in general, he has a weakness for cats and probably has five of them with his roommates. I also told him a little about myself and didn't pay attention when GPS gave us the information that we arrived.

 

To our surprise, there was only one wooden house with stairs leading to it. We went down uncertainly, hoping that the host would welcome us and explain what was happening here because so far the whole situation was extremely strange. I was sure and even had confirmation of the reservation for the cottage, but Xiumin showed me his identical one, printed on paper.

 

Minseok went to the window to see if anyone was inside, but there was nobody. We walked around the house until we saw a small card stuck in the back door. It contained information that the owner has to left for urgent reasons and left us the keys in the mailbox. We both looked at each other, being shocked and not knowing what to do. However, we did not have much time to think about it, because evening was approaching, it was getting darker and in addition, it started snowing. We agreed that we'd somehow live together these three nights under one roof and we returned to the car to take our suitcases.

 

We went inside, earlier flicking away snow of the boots and jackets, and we lit the lights. The cottage had a simple but cozy decor. On the left, there was a small kitchen with a table for two persons. The right part was a slightly larger living room with a brick fireplace in the middle, in front of which a square wooden table and two soft armchairs with a sofa. A door was placed next to the fireplace, allowing access to the terrace, where it turned out that there was a jacuzzi. The room was lined with a gray carpet to insulate the heat. Opposite the entrance door, there was a wooden staircase leading to the attic.

 

We grabbed our luggage and went up to the stairs. The ceiling was quite low, so I had to bend my head almost all the time, which of course wasn't a problem to the skier. However, we saw only two rooms. One of them was the bathroom, quite spacious with a shower and a separate bathtub. We guessed immediately that we'd probably had to share one bedroom together. When we opened the door and saw what hides the interior, it dawned on us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter