Seokjin

Calamity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin felt his heart swell within his chest, an entirely new realm of fear and uncertainty pounding within his brain. He struggled to fathom the thought that today was the day which they had been waiting before, because the reality of it was so far different than his visualizations. Prior his considerations hadn’t extended to significant lengths past the opportunities directly before them;  however, being granted this circumstance currently felt as if it were a curse greater than a blessing.

 

Merely the conception of parole for them had been improbable due to the facts that had glared before them. Bangtan Sonyeondan (a name gifted to them due to their large size), was a group of seven connected individuals whom had been deemed highly dangerous under the proper circumstances. Given this information containment had ranked their likelihood of parole at 10%, overtly discouraging statistics.
That being stated, Bangtan had worked hard to prove to CSP that they were worthy. Each and every one of them had participated in something which they would never respect; however, years of this effort had lead them to their current position...parole day.

 

Seokjin had thought that he would be ecstatic when this arrived; however, as CSP transported Bangtan to their new home his brain only sifted across worries and disaster scenarios. Containment had been utterly miserable; however, it had been easiest to complete his duties as eldest in this environment. Every miniscule aspect of life was calculated and tested, therefore few occurrences could shock them. Nobody in Bangtan had experienced public relations in at least three years, most greater than that. They possessed scars and challenges which the world did not recognize, therefore it became uncertain how difficult this transition would become.

 

“Is everything okay hyung?” Seokjin’s head snapped from a position he hadn’t truly realized it was in, Jimin’s voice awakening his consciousness to the current transpirations. Jimin’s tone was hushed, concern laced through his syllables as he spoke directly towards his hyungs ear.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I’m fine.” Seokjin placed his hand on top Jimin’s own, playing with his fingers as he did so. His hopes were that this convinced the other, because he supposed that his head had been moving a bit fast. Jimin could tune into that due to his own calamity; he could sense Seokjin’s abnormal brain activity.

“Slow down hyung. We’re all going to be okay. You don’t need to think of answers before there are any problems.” Seokjin wasn’t certain if the others calamity was effecting this decision or not, but he figured that the other was correct. He could sense his brain movement slowing down...calming in a certain way.

“Thank you.” Jimin nodded, resuming his glance towards the transportation vans side but never removing his hand from Seokjin’s own.

 

Seokjin closed his eyes, as he actually felt as if his brain would allow him to breathe. This event was a big deal for so many citizens, but most importantly it meant a lot to Bangtan. In times such as this his calamity occasionally got the better of him, because his thoughts were always traveling so fast and his enhancement meant that he could consider so many things at once. Sometimes it felt good to have Jimin beside him, because this dongsaeng could manipulate these mental capacities for barely long enough to provide him relief.

 

“Stand up. We’re almost there.” The CSP officer stood in front commanded with authority in his voice; each person following the instructions they were given. Seokjin looked across to everyone, reading a mixture of excitement and fear scrambled across their expressions. The eldest gave them an encouraging glance, aware that some hadn’t directly noticed it. This didn’t matter though, because they could feel it.

As they struggled to remain still, the vehicle bouncing across what appeared to be a dirt road, two officers spent their time with each separate person. They were adjusting the containment bands which wrapped around their ankles.

Seokjin couldn’t deny anything, they felt so vastly uncomfortable. As the officer adjusted his own he glanced up towards him, as if questioning how the tightness felt. The eldest didn’t acknowledge him because it didn’t matter. This person didn’t truly care about what happened to him, and no amount of adjustment would ever make this comfortable.

 

After a few moments a green indicator light up on the side of the band, making Seokjin aware that they had completed the set up. He hadn’t been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter