Jeongguk

Calamity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk lie on top his bed as his eyes bore into the ceiling, aware that he needed to sleep but knowing that something wouldn’t allow that. It had been two months since they were initially paroled, and despite the comfort that he was supposed to feel Jeongguk simply didn’t feel comfortable. It had been keeping him awake nearly every night for the past few weeks, and no matter what he tried simply nothing seemed to be good enough for the world he had been into.

The hyung’s which surrounded him had basically raised Jeongguk, and therefore he had already known the harsh reality of it. For people like him nothing was ever the same once you were taken to containment, and even parole did come with its own set of bull struggles. Jeongguk had been set up to fail in his life, and he had thought that he accepted that years prior yet if he had than why were these thoughts still keeping his sleep hostage from him. Jeongguk wasn’t certain which was more unbearable any longer. The problems which tumbled through his head at night or the fact that it felt as if his senses had been dialed to 11.

Oftentimes people didn’t realize what an enhancement in perception truly meant, the only ones whom ever truly had being his hyung’s whom he was connected with. Each and any sensation which his senses picked up, Jeongguk felt five times more. He could turn somebody else’s perception of their senses up or down as well, but he had just largely chosen not to unless on specific occasions. In containment he had kept a good handle on this ability because of how repetitive and normalized the environment was, but that was all he had known for six years. There was so much more to take in now that he was out, and Jeongguk was beginning to realize that he hadn’t gotten quite as strong a grip on this as he had once thought. The containment bands sensors still rubbed against his skin despite his hyung’s assurances that the sensation wouldn’t last, and each new smell or touch felt as if it was a train crashing into his head.

It had been approximately a week or two past there first arrival, Namjoon having come back from yet another failed attempt to earn pitty, that they were awakened to how severe he had gotten. Jeongguk and Jimin had chosen to go into town and see what opportunities they could find for themselves; given that they were only level 4’s they had hoped they would have better luck , and the others had chosen to stay back at housing. They had been gone for merely 20 minutes when everything had smashed into Jeonguk’s head. There were so many people around him. Some children were shouting across the street, somebody was smoking a cigarette nearby and he could see the ashes as they flicked towards the ground. The damn sensors were digging into his skin, and so many people were making side comments about the bands he and his hyung wore when they didn’t believe he could hear them any longer.
“Did you see that? Those are containment brand.”
“They have to be dangerous. He’s completely messed up.”
“I honestly just wish that they would kill them. We can’t feel safe with things like that walking around.”
Before the youngest had truly recognized anything his head was pounding within his skull and black stars were dancing across his vision. His legs had grown too weak to manage a single step, Jimin barely catching their maknae before his skull crashed against the pavement.

“Oh my god. What’s wrong Kookie? Talk to me, please.” Jeongguk had recalled the words which his hyung had spoken, but he also knew every syllable which was uttered around him as well and he could feel people the staring at them. Words merely wouldn’t come out because it was all coming at one time and he was powerless to stop it.
His hyung had reached across the connection at this point, searching for Namjoon and begging for advice to follow. Namjoon had immediately sent Taehyung to retrieve them and bring their maknae home, whilst Jimin had tried his best to help. He could tell how overwhelmed and heartbroken Jeongguk was feeling and overstimulation practically resounded through the other’s brain waves. His hyung had attempted to manipulate this activity; however, this was a unique calamity that he was playing with. It wasn’t so simple as it would be if he were attempting this to somebody with normal capacities or Seokjin, because that hyung also possessed additional mental abilities that made it smoother. Jeongguk’s was rare, and therefore he couldn’t calm him as much because he was too scared to mess something else up.

Jeongguk eventually allowed himself to seep into unconsciousness, that moment truly being the most rest he had received since they arrived. His hyung’s had later told him that Taehyung had used his strength to carry him home, and that he and Jimin had been crying when they arrived. Seokjin had been doting on their maknae for the next week after that, but it never definitely got better. He was trying his best even now to keep this to himself, because he didn’t want to cause them any more problems. He did feel grateful for everything that they had attempted to do for him, but he felt guilty for away their time. He didn’t desire any special treatment and it was ridiculous that they had felt the need to do that for as long as they had, because if he accomplished anything in containment he should have had stable control by this point. They had greater issues than Jeongguk and he loathed that he was taking there time and attention away from what mattered more than he.
 

This lead Jeongguk to consider the other glaring subjects which kept him awake at an hour such as this one. In general, parole pretty much . Containment expected them to accept a standing and regular job, go grocery shopping, basically regular human activities. That was made difficult when you have spent a large chunk of your lifetime trapped behind plastic bars, not to mention that each and every one of them had a bulky warning sign attached to them that screamed to people they were different. Anybody could ask them any question their heart desired and they were required to answer, because they had a calamity and were considered dangerous to CSP. Every other person that passed on the street would take advantage of this opportunity, especially anybody who could possibly consider an employee in the future. There go to questions were always the same: What’s your caution level? What can do you?
After the first question everybody had shut their door.

Two months prior it had been the end of fall, meaning that there was a chilly breeze in the air but it wasn’t particularly cold. Today it marked the beginning of winter, and whilst Hoseok hyung relished in this weather Yoongi wasn’t quite fond of it. He couldn’t not use his calamity, because it was a part of him and if he were to let it die down than his sensitivity would kick in and he’d fall ill. This meant he was running hot all of the time which wasn’t en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter