Namjoon

Calamity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

Namjoon had fallen asleep that night with little to no trouble, his entire body and mind simply being so incredibly exhausted. He had spent every day and night for the past few weeks patrolling their 35 kilometer radius for some organization which would allow just one member to help, but it appeared that containment had placed them in one of the most anti-calamity areas this side of the hemisphere. He was growing weak from trying to hold his thoughts and feelings away from the connection, but he didn’t want them to know how much he doubted anybody was going to take them. People wouldn’t do so little as stand five feet from him here, worried that somehow his breathe would kill them. They were too stubborn to listen to reason when he said only skin on skin contact would enact the calamity, because they weren’t willing to interact with anything above a 3. They were all screwed.

 

Namjoon had expected his sleep that night to be short, but not nearly as fading as it truly was. He had slept late and wanted to wake up early, to think of anything that could help them, but he didn’t expect to be woken up in the middle of the night. But it was approximately 3 in the morning when suddenly Namjoon couldn’t help but shoot up in his bed. Something was wrong. He had always been a light sleeper compared to the other’s, always more aware, and right now he was aware that something was incredibly off. The connection felt wrong. He felt scared and alone, the emotions flowing through in waves so intense that it made Namjoon want to burst out into tears. He could tell that these weren’t his emotions though. They were somebody else’s, somebody who was hurting so badly that his feelings were leaking through to theirs. Jeongguk.

“Hoseok! Hoseok, wake up!” Namjoon scrambled out of bed, immediately screaming to the other sleeping across from him. He needed to know that it wasn’t just him, that his friend could feel it too. Usually it would be Seokjin that was present because he was the person Namjoon had paired with for bedrooms, but they had switched for the time being. It wasn’t physically safe for Yoongi and Hoseok to be close like that all night right now, not with Yoongi flaring heat waves every 10 minutes. He loved Hoseok just as much as everybody else, but at this moment it felt like an inconvenience. Even in a sleep as fitful as this appeared it was still difficult to wake him.  “Come on! Hoseok!” Namjoon was practically shouting at this point. It was getting worse; Jeongguk was in danger, he was petrified. He wanted to just shake the other but he wasn’t wearing any fabric which could cover his hands. He couldn’t touch anybody.

 

“Huh?” Namjoon felt urgency rush through him as Hoseok groggily replied, rubbing his eyelids as he sat up in bed. Hoseok hadn’t completely become aware yet, but Namjoon didn’t feel he had time to give the other.
“I need you to focus for me, focus on our connection. Do you feel that?” At first it had seemed like a lost cause, because Hoseok didn’t appear as reactive as he should have been. Maybe it was just the stress Namjoon had been feeling lately. Maybe it was getting the better of him. Suddenly it was like a switch flicked within the other’s head, his eyes immediately brightening as his hands pushed him into a standing position.
“Where’s Jeongguk?” The look within their gaze was enough to speak a thousand words, both men sprinting out of the room and down the hall. Namjoon pleaded that Jeongguk would be there. Maybe he was having a nightmare, maybe the overstimulation had gotten to him once again. Just please...be in your bedroom. They weren’t the only ones realizing this, because Seokjin and Yoongi were running out of their bedroom just as fast.

 

Namjoon couldn’t fathom how much his heart broke...Jeongguk wasn’t there. Instead what they were greeted with was Jimin and Taehyung, both sobbing against the wooden floor as they held each other.
“Hey, hey it’s okay. Shh, it’s alright. There’s no reason to cry.” Seokjin immediately fell to the floor with them, lifting both his dongsaengs as he held them close against his chest. Hoseok and Yoongi were drawn towards each other, but Namjoon couldn’t do anything but back away. He couldn’t hurt them, but he hoped that they understood he wanted to be near them just the same.
“I-I’m sorry hyung. I-I thought he was here I didn’t hear him leave.” Jimin had nothing to be apologizing about, but they couldn’t make him understand that. Namjoon knew he felt guilty, but if anything he felt that he should be the one taking blame. He should have paid more attention to this.
“We-we got woken up and-and we don’t know where he is.” Taehyung himself was just as distraught, but his body vibrated with pent up energy and distress. How had Namjoon let things get to this point? He felt responsible, and it felt even worse that now he could do nothing to help them.

Go find him. Seokjin’s voice resounded throughout Namjoon’s head, the younger uncertain if only he had heard it. Often it was everybody that heard Seokjin’s ability, but nobody else reacted like they had experienced this.

“Yoongi hyung, Hoseok. Let’s go.” Namjoon didn’t need to be told multiple times, because there were those emotions pounding within his head which screamed at him that time was of the essence. As the sounding of fear and pain increased Namjoon could feel his heart pumping within his chest, aware that their maknae couldn’t withstand sensations such as those for extended periods of time.
“W-wait hyung. I need to come.” Taehyung picked his knees from off the ground, his fingertips wiping away the tears which had slipped passed his cheeks. Seokjin didn’t appear certain, most likely not wanting Taehyung to push himself in a situation such as this; however, he didn’t outright say no. He left that decision up to Namjoon, whom only truly wanted their maknae safely within their grasp at this point in time.
“Okay, come on then. Just be careful, okay? Anything that could make Jeongguk do this isn’t something that should be taken lightly.” Taehyung nodded, Namjoon accepting that the younger was aware of what needed to occur. With those words left hanging in the surrounding air, the group exited housing. Seokjin remained with Jimin at the time, holding him tightly within his arms and reassuring him that everything was going to be okay. Namjoon only prayed that he was right.

 

Reaching outdoors was one scenario; however, knowing where to look was a completely separate problem. The connection allowed them to connect and become aware with Jeongguk’s emotions and in extreme cases occasionally his thoughts as well; however, it didn’t provide insight into others locations. Namjoon could identify that he was somewhere within the surrounding area because they would all already be in pain if he were further than this; however, that area could stretch as far as 20 kilometers. As he briefly glanced across he could see nothing to indicate Jeongguk’s presence, in fact only the maknae himself would be capable of recognizing much of anything specific.
“I don’t...where are we supposed to go?” Hoseok’s gaze wandered around back and forth, his eyes never staying stationary. Namjoon wished he knew what to tell him but he didn’t, and he wished that he could at least give him some sort of physical comfort but he would never be capable of that.
“We don’t have time for this bull. He’s fading out.” Despite Yoongi’s aggressive form of communication, Namjoon knew he was correct. They could all feel it...the intense fear and panic was beginning to simmer lower within their connection. They knew that it did not entail comfort, rather Jeongguk was purely overwhelmed and his body couldn’t handle it any longer.

 

“Wait. I-I’ll find him. I’ll tell you where he’s at.” Taehyung couldn’t rid himself of the stutter which burdened his speech, still straining himself to merely stand without bursting into tears for the people whom he loved so much. Namjoon tried to speak to him but he had left quicker than the other’s eyes could follow. The leader felt his world crumbling around him, his self-restraint working twelve times stronger simply not to allow his knees to strike the ground. He was supposed to protect them. He was supposed to keep his dongsaengs safe from the world which hated them so much, yet not only had he failed Jeongguk but he allowed Taehyung to run into harm’s way. Taehyung was capable of sprinting at entirely unimaginable speeds, but that didn’t mean it was intended to last. A search as great as this one could burn him out quite quickly, and if it did Namjoon wasn’t certain how he would forgive himself.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. He knows what he’s doing.” Namjoon heard Hoseok’s voice as if it was light peering through the darkness, his head looking up to realize how close he had gotten to falling. The other’s hand reached out to lift him further from the dirt, Namjoon abruptly forcing himself backwards from them. He couldn’t hurt them.
“I’m okay. Really.” Yoongi’s glare bore holes through the leaders skin, his displeasure with the leader’s self-doubt solely clear, but he didn’t have the capabilities to consider what his hyung thought as well. The dongseang’s needed to come first right now, but he was certain that they would be speaking with one another later.
“Let’s get our together, alright? For Jeongguk.” Namjoon nodded, grateful that his hyung was willing to take some of his responsibilities whilst he was so weak. He couldn’t act this way; not in this situation. “We can’t allow Taehyung to do everything. You look one direction and I’ll go the other.” Hoseok agreed, Namjoon also following what his hyung had ordered. Yoongi may not take charge of a situation often; however, when he did he wasn’t the type of person that you wanted to correct and specifically not in a situation as emotionally charged as this particularly was.

 

They had begun to fan across the area, Namjoon specifi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter