Hoseok

Calamity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok struggled to sort through his emotions throughout the next few hours. He couldn’t fathom that they were actually going to do something like this...they were going to use what to world had gifted them to break into a hospital. It was something that Hoseok had struggled his whole life to try to avoid, and here they were being forced into it. He knew Namjoon and his hyungs weren’t bad people. They didn’t want anyone to get hurt or loose something because of them, but they also needed to care for themselves and their connected. For those with calamities nothing was more important than those which they were connected with. Nothing was more important right now than Jeongguk and everyone knew that.

The past few hours as they considered their plans and how to accomplish this without getting sent back to containment or worse were especially difficult for Hoseok, as he liked being the calming cool and hopeful source for his dongsaengs and hyungs. In these moments everyone was beyond his help. Namjoon was beyond overstressed, Seokjin had so much running through his brain that it was difficult think straight, Taehyung was so conflicted and heartbroken because he wanted to help but he didn’t want to leave Jimin and Jeongguk’s side. Jimin hadn’t left Jeongguk’s bedside and was just petting the unconscious boy’s hair, only finding solence in the fact that Jeongguk was still as well as could be expected. He hadn’t woken up, but they could still feel his pain and fear stronger than before. Yoongi was so charged with emotion and heat that he was difficult to handle, and Hoseok most wanted to just cuddle beside him and tell him that they were all going to be okay. That Jeongguk would be safe now and they weren’t going to let anything else bad happen, but he couldn’t do that either. As much as he and Yoongi were good for each other emotionally, physically hot and cold were opposites. When they had their calamities under control it was okay, but with the cold weather causing spikes in Yoongi’s it made it too dangerous for them both. It hurt Hoseok more than he could have imagined that he couldn’t help the other right now.

“Okay. We should be okay now.” Namjoon’s words spoke confidence, but his actions spoke otherwise. Hoseok could tell how uncertain he was if he was making the right decisions as their leader, and how much Jeongguk getting hurt had reawakened his own fears. He wanted to do something to help his connected which were suffering so much, therefore Hoseok carefully wrapped his arms around Namjoon’s shoulder and squeezed a bit.
“It’ll work. We’ve thought it through, we can do this.” Hoseok took note of how Namjoon flinched with his dongsaengs touch a bit, despite the thick jacket which he wore completely covering his skin in those places. It had been a long time since he had reacted like that, not since the beginning of when they first met in containment.

“We should get going. It would be better to do this now.” Seokjin propelled them both along, having run through scenarios in his head and knowing that this was the best course of action. Hoseok backed off a bit and allowed Seokjin to walk beside Namjoon, knowing that his eldest hyung served as a stability of sort for the other.

“Minnie, you going to be good here?” Hoseok knelt beside his dongseang, rubbing his back as he did so. Namjoon and Seokjin would have everything under control over there; he wanted to be there for the person who was staying behind with Jeongguk.
“Of course hyung. I’m not the one you should be concerned with.” Jimin didn’t even look at Hoseok as he spoke, only staring at Jeongguk’s complexion as he dabbed at his cuts with a warm rag. The final member of their beloved maknae line was still too distraught to leave Jeongguk, and they all collectively decided that it would be better for him to stay and take care of him. Jimin’s calamity meant he could monitor the other’s mental activities and would be more alert to any changes in his condition, but Hoseok still worried that he was overtasking himself.
“That doesn’t mean I can’t be.” Hoseok squeezed tighter, recognizing how fragile Jimin was in those moments.

“Thanks, but I’ll be fine. You should go, Kookie’s okay for now.” Hoseok didn’t like it, not one bit. He really wanted to talk with Jimin because it was so unlike him to ever ask anyone to go, but truthfully they didn't have the time right then. Hoseok hated it, but they needed to go before the hospital got too busy. It was already the peak hours of the morning, reaching into the late ones.
“Just be careful, okay. I know you’ll do an amazing job with him.” Hoseok placed an icy ruffle through the other’s hair, briefly experiencing a spike in his calamity. It wasn’t entirely uncommon, nothing to be too concerned with. As he stood he could see everyone gathered towards the front, all dressed in as inconspicuous clothing as possible. They had attempted to wear high shoes or baggy jeans that would be capable of hiding the band, and looked like any other passerby that one may walk around on the street.

“Alright, let’s do this.”

Leaving housing was difficult, but not nearly as difficult as the thought which was weighing on their minds. Hoseok felt a pressure right now that he knew they were feeling too, the older instinctively grabbing Yoongi’s hand despite how nauseous the heat made him feel. His head felt better with his hyungs warmth present, it always did. It took control for Hoseok not to just melt within his hyungs grasp with everything that had and was going to happen from now. Clinging to each other slightly, the group was able to collect themselves and throw away there other thoughts. They knew Jeongguk would be safe with Jimin, he could care for himself. Hoseok cleared his head with Yoongi’s help. Right now they needed to do what they needed to do, he needed be clear. Entirely.

It would look conspicuous for five men to just walk up to a hospital with seemingly no reason to be there, and the group didn’t have a car or any other sort of transportation to speak of. Given that they took an unusual route, walking through back roads that really only Seokjin was capable of memorizing to get to the hospital. It would make sure nobody saw them until they wanted them too. As they neared the hospital Seokjin made them stop, grabbing something from his pockets as he walked towards the bands which rubbed against their ankles.
“So how does this work again?” Hoseok neared closer to Yoongi, the older’s demeanor noticeably calmer with the other beside him. Hoseok couldn’t handle it for much longer, but he wasn’t certain if he really cared right then either.

“I can’t tell exactly what the bands are picking up, and I can’t make them stop transmitting entirely. But, no matter what CPS wishes they are still technology and nothing is perfect. If we put the right material in between the sensor and our skin enough it should block the signal enough just to confuse it.” Seokjin started with Namjoon as he spoke, the other noticeably tense. Seokjin couldn’t avoid Namjoon’s skin entirely for this part, meaning it was going to hurt. Namjoon didn’t want to hurt any of them and he didn’t like it, but all he could do was stand still and try to make it as quick as possible. It hurt Hoseok’s heart to watch, Yoongi noticing and combing through his dongsaengs hair.

As Seokjin took what looked just like a coin, he pushed Namjoon’s skin back and stuck it between the left sensor on the band. Hoseok could feel the pain that radiated through the connection, a pain which was different from Jeongguk’s. His hyungs face twisted, but they all tried to hide the effects. It would only make Namjoon feel even worse. Thankfully the process didn’t take long, and shortly after Seokjin was able to let go and allow Namjoon’s pant leg to cover the band once again. Namjoon immediately stepped away, his face showing worry and guilt.
“Are you okay? I’m so sorry hyung.”
“I’m gonna be fine. You have no reason to apologize.” Seokjin was slightly out of breath as he spoke, but they could tell the pain had stopped. As time continued he noticeably improved and Hoseok was able to feel his muscles relax again. “I’m not gonna lie, it’s not going to be comfortable. We’ll just have to deal with the effects.”

Doing the others didn’t take a great amount of time, all of the lights briefly flashing blue before changing back to green and indicating that everything was okay. Seokjin assured them that CPS wouldn’t take mind to a small two second change, so Hoseok didn’t feel like he needed to worry about it. They did however require Yoongi and Hoseok to separate once again, reasoning that they needed both of them healthy right now. The cold air made Hoseok's stomach churn a bit less and his headache subside a bit, but it made his heart hurt a bit worse. He didn’t like Yoongi over there. He wanted him beside him.

After they had finished, Hoseok didn’t deny that he hated all of this. The metal which now dug into him dug in further than the sensors had, and just walking made it rub and move deeper. Still he could do nothing of it, and it was time for the hard parts. The parts that Hoseok hated most because so many things could go wrong.
“Okay Yoongi and Seokjin, it’s your turn. Keep it a bit withdrawn. We don’t need anything going overboard yet.” Namjoon’s words were clear, concise. He sounded more like the leader they had come to know in containment than the worried friend that he had been lately. Hoseok appreciated this, because that was who he, as well as they all, personally n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter