Chapter 4

Jensoo convertion

 

 

After about 5 minutes, Jennie loosens the hug. The gathered people here murmurs something among themselves, while eyeing her and Irene constantly.

 

Jennie - “First thing first. I am really sorry.” She frowns.

Jisoo - “S-sorry? F-for what?” she asks being confused.

Jennie - “For the things you had to face that day.”

Jisoo - “O-oh...”

Jennie - “Y-you’ll forgive me, right?”

Jisoo - “D-don’t worry Jennie-ssi. I-I didn’t mind.” She says frantically.

Irene - “Then why did you ran away??” Then she speaks softly. “Actually it’s not her. It’s me who should say sorry. So... Sorry.” She lowers her head. “I said those without even trying to know... your reasons.”

Jisoo - “D-don’t say that Irene-ssi! I-I didn’t mind. Really!”

Irene - “Then why did you run away!? Do you know how worried we were?? How worried Jennie was??”

Jisoo - “S-she was worried about me?” she says widening her eyes.

Jennie - “Y-yeah. I was! All of us were!”

Irene - “We didn’t know Do Yoon oppa was such a guy. Umma, me... all of us misjudged you when in reality, you were trying to help Jennie. We are really ashamed of ourselves.”

Jisoo - “I-it’s not a big deal. Really! B-but tell me something first...” she changes the topic. “A-are you o-okay?”

Jennie - “Talk for yourself. I think you need to be worried about MORE than me. You always put yourself in danger...”

She frowns. “...for me.”

Irene - “Yeah! You are so clumsy! Who the heck tries to get burned by a THAT?!” She points at the rocket.

 

Everyone around looks at each other confusedly after hearing that.

Random Employee#1 - “B-burn?”

Random Employee#2 - “Who was going to be burned?”

Random Employee#3 - “Were you trying to get burned?”

Random Employee#4 - “What do they mean by ‘THAT’?”

Kind or remarks were heard.

 

Suddenly a girl pulls Jisoo away from her grasp.

Soojoo - “Hey KJ... you okay?” A girl wearing a glass asks.

Jisoo - “Y-yeah. I am fine, Soojoo.”

Soojoo - “Clumsy as always... And who are YOU supposed to be??”

Jisoo - “S-she is Jennie. S-she’s famous you know.”

Soojoo - “JENNIE? So this is the... anyway, I don’t think she is THAT famous.” She says raising one of her eyebrow.

Jennie - “Who is this?!” She squints her eyebrow.

Jisoo - “T-this is lead... Uh... Soojoo. Hong Soojoo.”

Jennie - “Why is she standing so close to you!?”

Jisoo - “I-I... s-she...”

Soojoo smirks.

Soojoo - “That is because I happen to LIKE standing close to her.” She moves closer and wraps her hand around Jisoo’s neck, while whispering close to her ears.

Jisoo - “S-Soojoo!”

 

Jennie’s face becomes red.

Irene - “C-calm down Jen.”

Jennie - “I DEMAND YOU MOVE AWAY THIS INSTANT!”

Soojoo - “And why would I do so?!”

Jennie - “BECAUSE! SHE... uh...”

Soojoo - “She...?”

Jennie - “Uh... she...”

Soojoo - “Cat got your tongue?”

Jennie - “NO! SHE...”

 

Good for her, someone comes running and interrupts her.

Random Employee#5 - “Dr. Kim! The test is successful!”

Jisoo signals him not to speak, but he doesn’t get it.

Random Employee#5 - “I... don’t understand what you are trying to say.”

Soojoo - “Dr. Kim, you should not hide it.” Soojoo emphasizes on the ‘Dr. Kim’ part while smirking.

Jisoo - “S-shhh!!!”

Jennie - “Dr.?”

Irene - “Kim?”

 

Both Irene and look at each other.

Jennie - “Who’s Dr. Kim?”

Irene - “Her?”

Jennie - “No way!”

Soojoo - “So, Dr. Kim. Won’t you say who you are?” Soojoo looks around while smiling as if she doesn’t know this person.

Jisoo - “Soojoo!”

Irene - “Why are you saying that time after time? Leave Jisoo alone and ask this ‘Dr. Kim’ whoever she is.”

Soojoo - “You two are so stupid.”

Jennie - “W-what?!”

Soojoo - “Yes. And...” she looks both of them from head to toe and scoffs. “Not THAT beautiful as well.”

 

Jennie was going to fight, but Irene stops her. She takes a deep breath and somehow manages to control herself.

Jennie - “LOOK, Soo- or whatever. I don’t want to fight with you. I want Jisoo and that’s all!”

She holds her hand. “Come on!”

Random Employee#6 - “B-but Doctor! Y-you can’t go! Even though successful overall, there are a few spikes in the reading.”

Jisoo - “U-uh...”

Jennie - “Ask any scientist or something. How would SHE know about that?!”

Random Employee#5 - “Uh... Anyway, and I also think there is leakage due to unstable pressure distribution... AND the haul is not as perfect as we thought.”

Jisoo - “I-I... Wait!” She brings out a paper from her pocket and scribbles something in it. Before she hands it over, Irene snatches it.

Jisoo - “I-Irene-ssi!...”

Irene - “What are you scribbling? Let me see!” she reads the paper. “What? Flow rate to 88%? Incomplete combustion in Fuselage Chamber 1? What the heck are these??”

 

Soojoo snatches it from her and gives it to a guy standing beside her.

Soojoo - “You won’t understand those. You are TOO stupid.”

Jennie - “Alright smarty pants, YOU tell me what they are.”

Jisoo - “S-Soojoo!” Jisoo signals something frantically.

Soojoo - “That’s... our secret code. It means – Jisoo finds me incredibly Y.”

Jisoo covers her face with her palm.

Irene - “E-eh?!”

Jennie - “W-what?!”

Jennie - “No way. GIRL. We are actually too SMART for you. Just because you make up something, does NOT mean we’ll believe you!”

Soojoo – “Why can’t you? It may be true as well.”

Jennie - “No it can NOT. Come on Jisoo.”

Random Employee#7 - “What?! No way. You can’t take HER!”

Jennie - “You bet your I can! Come on!”

 

Irene - “Hey Mr. Can we... uh... come here sometimes? I mean, my girlfriend really loves things like this... So can I?” Irene was asking an employee while Jennie was fighting with Soojoo.

Jennie - “Irene!”

Irene - “Oh, right. Coming!”

 

Soojoo - “You know what?” Soojoo calls from behind. “I’ll come too.”

Jennie - “What?!”

Soojoo - “Yes.”
Jisoo - “S-Soojoo. You can’t come. Who will guide them?!”

Soojoo pauses for a moment. Then yells to the people standing there. “KJ’s orders: you all can go home now.”

Jisoo - “W-what!”

Soojoo - “What? There is no hurry. We are ahead the schedule.”

Jisoo - “Still...”
Soojoo - “Come on. It will be fun.”
She hugs her tightly.

Jennie - “YOU! Stop that! NOW!”

Irene - “Yeah!... Uh... What are we talking about again?”

Jennie - “Look. Jisoo doesn’t want you to come! So GTFO!”

Soojoo - “Of course she does. My Jisoo doesn’t like to stay away from me, right?” She kisses Jisoo’s Cheek.

Jennie - “Y-yah!!! Y-you!!!”

Soojoo - “Jen! Calm down. She is Jisoo’s friend. She can come with us.”

Jennie - “What?! You too??... GAH! Fine! But you CAN NOT sit with Jisoo!”

Soojoo - “Then where will I sit?”

Jennie - “Outside!”

Soojoo - “And how am I going to do that?”

Jennie - “The roof is a good idea.”

Soojoo raises an eyebrow at her but Jennie ignores it.

Irene - “Uh... Jen? That’s kinda weird.”

Jennie - “What? She is coming with us. What more do you want?” She says before walking away.

Jisoo - “S-Soojoo! Don’t pull pranks on us now!”

Soojoo - “Let’s see what more I can do.” She whispers while grinning.

 

All of them go to the Kim Sisters’ car.

Irene - “Take us back home, oppa.”

Kims’ Driver - “Uh... Miss Irene, the car is not starting up.”

Irene - “What?? Why not?”

Kims’ Driver - “I don’t know... it was working just fine minutes ago. Suddenly...”

Jennie - “No way!”

Kims’ Driver - “The spark plugs are fried. I don’t know how this happened. They are brand new. We have to get it fixed in a repair shop.”

Jennie - “B-but... then how will we return?”

 

Soojoo - “Ah... looks like the situation is different eh??” She smirks.

She calls on her phone and within a minute, an Exotic red car appears from somewhere.

Irene - “W-wow!! T-this is... K-k-koe..!!”

Soojoo - “Koenigsegg. One: 1.”

Jennie - “What is so special about it?”

Irene - “A-are you kidding? This costs millions! The manufacturer made only like 5-6 of this! Seulgi was telling me one day while reading a magazine on cars!”

Jennie - “Milli- Wait! If that’s the case, how can you have that?!”

Soojoo - “I ...have my way.”

Jennie - “Hmph. Must be gambling or something...”

Irene - “I don’t think they use THIS while gambling.”

Jennie - “Whatever. I don’t care.”

Soojoo - “Actually it’s not mine.” She mumbles while smirking.

Jisoo - “Ssshhh!!!”

Jennie - “What was that?? I couldn’t hear it.”

Jisoo - “N-nothing... please hop in Jennie-ssi, Irene-ssi.”

Jennie - “You... I... GAH!!! ing weird door!” Jennie curses at the scissor door before entering the car unwillingly.

Jisoo glares at Soojoo.

Jisoo - “T-this is your handiwork! Isn’t it??”

Soojoo - “Oops. Got caught.” She giggles. “But that’s all for a reason.”

 

Scissor door: - Car doors that open upwards (Like in Lamborghini, Koenigsegg cars)

 

Soojoo starts the car. The engine roars.

Irene - “W-wow... t-this is some car!”

Jennie - “G-g-ah... h-how can they have s-such a thing?! She m- AAAAAAA!!”

The car speeds away.

Irene - “H-hey! Careful!”

Jennie - “Look out for that log!!”

Irene - “Bird!!”

Jennie - “Flying Hippo!!!”

Irene - “Armageddon!!!”
Jennie - “We are doomed!!!”

Jisoo - “J-Jennie-ssi, Irene-ssi... don’t worry. Soojoo is a very good driver.”

Soojoo - “Thanks KJ.” She winks.

Even while clutching everything near her in fear, Jennie gets angered by Soojoo’s gesture.

Jennie - “T-this is nothing! KYAAA! I-I mean I can drive like this as well... COW!!!”

Soojoo - “Really now?” Soojoo grins.

Jennie - “Y-yeah!”

Irene - “J-Jennie. It’s better if you do not... a-and besides... I may crap my pants anytime now...”

Soojoo - “Why? What’s the problem?”

Irene - “What’s the problem!? Who the HECK drives at 180 miles per hour through a narrow road?!”

Soojoo - “Ah! Don’t you worry. Just sit tight. We haven’t even reached the highway yet. Mwahahaha.”

Irene - “Oh... .” She manages to mumble while looking helplessly.

 

After about half an hour, they reach the Kim house.

Soojoo - “Here we are.”

Irene - “FSLSFLKFLSKA...”

Soojoo - “Is that some ancient language?” she giggles.

Jisoo - “J-Jennie-ssi? We are here.”

Jennie - “Eh? Oh! Yeah! Right... I thought we broke the speed record or something.”

Jennie rushes out of the car. She is about to slam the door, but stops thinking about the cost.

Jennie - “You! Come with me!” Jennie drags Jisoo with her.

Soojoo - “Hey! KJ Baby! Wait for me.” She says in a sweet voice. “I think we have to lend her friend a hand here.”

Jisoo - “What? Irene-ssi?”

Irene - “I am okay... just seeing two things in place of one.”

Soojoo - “She’s a little scared.” She laughs. “Lend me a hand over here.”

Jisoo - “R-right.” She turns to Jennie. “Y-you go. Soojoo and I will carry her in.”

Jennie - “Gah. Fine!”

 

Jennie enters the house herself. “Mom, dad! We are home! We got- What the-?!”

She sees at least 10 people wearing black suits and shades, surrounding her mother and father who is sitting in the middle. She also notices the guns each of them have, half-hidden in their pockets.

 

Jennie - “W-what is going on!? Who are these guys??”

Mrs. Kim - “J-Jennie! Good thing you are back...”

But one of the black suited guys interrupts her. “So you are Ms. Jennie Kim.”

Jennie - “Y-yes. W-who are you?”

Security Official - “What do you know about HER? Where have you kept her?!” He bombards her with questions.

Jennie - “W-who?”

Security Official - “Don’t think you can outsmart us! What you are doing is considered SERIOUS offense!”

Jennie - “W-what are you talking about!? I don’t understand!”

Mrs. Kim - “Jennie... If you don’t tell them, they will arrest us.”

Jennie - “Tell about whom!?”

 

Just then Jisoo and Soojoo enter with Irene trailing behind.

Jisoo - “Jennie-ssi, I-” She looks at the scene. “W-what is going here?”

“Jisoo!” both Jennie’s mom and dad say together.

 

The guy who was questioning Jennie just now, goes to Jisoo and salutes.

Security Official - “Ma’am. I am glad to see you are safe.”

Jennie - “Ma’am...? Wait! You know her?!”

The black suited person glares at her. “Don’t try to act as a fool. It won’t work.” He then turns towards Jisoo again. “Ma’am. Do you want to put a charge on her... or them?”

Jennie - “W-what charge? Excuse me Mister but I can’t understand anything! Just leave Jisoo and me alone!” she goes to Jisoo and pulls one of her hand. Seeing that, the black suited guy instantly brings out his Gun.

 

Jennie - “W-whoa!!”

Jisoo - “Jennie!”

Even though scared, Jennie tries to take it coolly. “T-that’s a toy gun, right? Just like Jisoo brought that day!”

The black suited guy just looks sternly.

Jennie - “I-it’s not?”

Security Official - “NO.”

Jennie - “T-then p-put that away please... I-I don’t like that. W-we can talk peacefully.”

Mr. Kim - “Jen! Sit down and cover your ! Don’t even look up until that man says so.”

Security Official - “Leave her hand right now.”

Jennie - “Eh? H-her?”

Security Official - “Yes.”

Jennie - “B-but... I was just trying to take her to my room that’s all.”

Security Official - “You can’t and...”

Jisoo - “O-oppa. It’s no problem. I really DO know her.”

 

Jennie - “Y-you know them?!”

Soojoo - “Yes. She does.” Soojoo, who was standing quietly until now, speaks.

Security Official - “B-but ma’am. We are not allowed to let someone come close to you unless they have Z-level clearance-”

Soojoo - “It’s okay. It’s no trouble. She is her... CLOSE friend.”

Jennie and Irene stands there with their eyes widened, thinking about how Jisoo and Soojoo can know these guys.

Security Official - “Ah. Miss. Hong. Sorry for not noticing you. You must understand that she is our priority...”

Soojoo - “Not me?”

Security Official - “U-uh... yes. You too.”

Soojoo - “Hmph. Anyway, why are you here anyway? You are terrifying these poor people.”

Security Official - “That’s because... they spread a false rumour about Ms. Jisoo.”

Soojoo - “What do you mean?”

Jisoo - “I-I... tell you everything later. O-oppa?” She turns towards the black suited guy. “You don’t have to worry. I am perfectly safe with these people.”

Security Official - “Are you sure?! It is outside protocol-”

Jisoo - “I am sure.”

 

The guys sighs. “So... um... I think I should inform the President now. He is really worried. Don’t you know that it is absolutely prohibited for you to go somewhere unless it is tested secure??”

Jennie - “T-the President?!”

Irene - “Are you kidding me?!”

Jisoo - “Uh... y-yeah. You tell him not to worry. I am perfectly fine.”

Security Official - “Okay then... but these people still have to...”

Soojoo - “No. They don’t know. Isn’t it obvious?”

Security Official - “I... guess so. I thought they were just acting dumb.”

Soojoo - “Nope. They truly don’t. I have seen it myself.”

Security Official - “Oh... okay. Then I’ll take my leave. See you later Miss Jisoo, Miss Hong.”

Soojoo - “Sure thing oppa. See you later.”

 

All the black dressed people leave the Kim House.

Irene - “Whew!” she breathes a sigh of relief. “Who the heck were those?!”

Soojoo - “They were the Black Division of the Special Force.”

Jennie - “Black?... Because they were black?”

Soojoo - “No. Because they do not answer to any other division and only operates to serve a handful of person.”

Irene - “Wait. Then how come both JISOO and YOU know them?”

Jisoo - “T-that’s because Soojoo is black too. Black-black matches.”

Soojoo - “Yah! Jisoo!”

Irene - “Whoa! Wait a sec here. You two are hiding something!”

Soojoo - “Wow! So clever of you to notice.” She says sarcastically.

Irene - “Why would the President be worried about YOU?” she points at Jisoo.

Jennie - “Hey! Yeah!”

Irene - “And the only thing we spread about Jisoo is...”

Jennie - “You mean the advertisement?? But why would there be such a ruckus for that? We only did that so that we can find her quickly.”

 

Jisoo - “I-I...”

Irene - “How can the President be worried about you? Why on earth the Special Force Black Dudes break into our house just because we gave out the advertisement?”

Jennie - “Not to mention how the heck do you work in that place without destroying it?!... And on a side note... Who is that dark and what is she to YOU?!”

Irene - “Uh... yeah. Right. That too. Now speak out or else I will pile driver you!”

Jisoo - “E-eh?”

“Don’t even think of that, Irene. Cause those Special force guys can come any minute and do the same to you.”

Says Mr. Kim who is a little relieved now. So is Mrs. Kim.

 

Jennie - “Dad, Mom... are you okay?”

Mrs. Kim - “Yes. We are. And from the next time, please bring someone a little less famous.”

Irene - “Famous? What... You mean Jisoo?”
Mr. Kim - “Yes. Her. Do you remember me telling that I have seen her somewhere?”

Irene - “Yes.”

Mr. Kim - “Now I remember.”

Jennie - “Well then where did you see her?!”

Jisoo - “U-uncle...”

Mr. Kim - “Don’t worry Jisoo. It’s not your fault. You are really humble actually for not saying anything about it and listening to all of us while we misjudged you.” Mrs. Kim says apologetically.

Jisoo - “A-aunty... It’s n-nothing.”

Jennie - “Mom! Dad! What are you talking about? Who is she?”

Irene - “I hope she’s not an alien!”

Jennie - “Oh my god! That explains all the hype surrounding her!! She’s the secret that we are hiding!!!”

Irene - “T-then what will you do!? You LIKE an alien!”

Jennie - “I-I... guess I’ll have to adapt... Wait...” she realizes Irene’s trick to make her confess. “Irene!!!”

Irene - “Hehehe. Caught ‘ya. Again.”

Mr. Kim - “No. She’s not. I’ll tell you. And you’ll get answers to your questions soon. Because a few moments ago, I understood why Sungmin and Jay were calling me ‘mad’ right after I sent them her picture.”

 

Mr. Kim sits on the couch.

Mr. Kim - “Sit around, all of you. Is she your friend?” He points at Soojoo.

Soojoo - “I am Hong Soojoo. I am Jisoo’s friend. Nice to meet you.” She bows politely.

Mr. Kim - “Me too. Please have a seat.” He gestures her to do so. “Dear, can you prepare something for us? I am thirsty after this.”

Mrs. Kim - “Ah... coming right up.” She goes to the kitchen.

 

Irene - “Okay. Dad. Tell us.”

Mr. Kim - “Hmm...” he takes a deep breath. “Do you remember that I went to a science convention in Geneva a year ago?”

Jennie - “Yeah. The WWE or something like that.”

Soojoo - “Not WWE. It’s WSC. World Science Convention.”

 

WSC: - Yearly or Two yearly Science convention where world’s best brains come together.

 

Jennie - “How do YOU know that? Anyway... dad, continue.”

Mr. Kim - “Yeah. It was an absolutely HUGE event and a high profile one too at that. The best scientists from all over the world were attending it. Even the Presidents of all the countries were present there as well, sharing their respective progress in all the fields of science. It was spectacular to say the least.”

Jennie - “Okay, that’s great. But so what?”

Mr. Kim - “I saw Jisoo THERE.”

Irene - “Eh? What were you doing there?”

Jisoo - “W-well... I...”

Mr. Kim - “She is EXTREMELY humble. But I will spill the secret.” He pauses.

 

Mr. Kim - “I was wandering around without a clue during the convention. As you two know, I know very little about the science field. Embarrassing as it is, I didn’t know a single person there except the Presidents. But I cannot just go and start chatting with some country’s President, can I? And moreover, that place was filled with people from all over the world. I wasn’t even able to ask anybody anything.”

Mrs. Kim - “Snacks.”
Mr. Kim - “Ah. Thanks dear.”

Irene - “Thanks mom.”

Mrs. Kim - “You two, don’t feel shy. Especially you, Ms. Jisoo.”

Jennie - “Ms. Jisoo? Why the sudden honorific?”

Jisoo - “T-thank you aunty. P-please don’t call me ‘Ms.’” She says shyly.

Mrs. Kim - “Aigoo. Okay. Okay. Just Jisoo.”

Mr. Kim - “You will soon know why.” He grabs a cracker. “Anyway, so I thought, it would be best to go by our booth – I mean our country’s booth... Each country participating there had a booth for themselves... So that I can at least talk to someone.”

Mr. Kim - “So I did just that. I found our respected President talking to someone there. I was standing at my spot deciding whether or not I should go any further as it might seem disrespectful and VERY awkward, when suddenly, he called me himself.”

 

(Flashback, From Mr. Kims Point of View)

 

President - “Hello there. Aren’t you Jam... No, Jong...?”
Mr. Kim - “Um...Woo Kim Mr. President.”
I bow.

President - “Ah... sorry, sorry. Yes. The Kims. You guys are one of the pillars of our economy.”

Mr. Kim - “Thank you sir. We are just trying our best.”

President - “That’s always a right thing to do. Anyway, how are you enjoying it here?”
Mr. Kim - “To be honest, sir... I am feeling kind of lost here. This place is not for bone heads like me.”

President - “Say – not for bone heads like us. Cause me too, is in a similar situation. There is too much intelligence around us. I feel kind of... an outsider.”

Mr. Kim - “Really?”

President - “Yes. But I am proud of all these people. For them, so many things are possible now.”

Mr. Kim - “You are absolutely right there. Also, their achievement are making their nations proud.”

President - “Yup. But I cannot help but feel a little cocky here. One of the biggest things for us to take pride is the fact that the top position belongs to us. Don’t you think?” He smiles proudly.

Mr. Kim - “The top position?”

President - “Yeah. You know. Kim’s daughter.”

Mr. Kim - “Who’s Kim?”

President - “Eh? You don’t know?”

Mr. Kim - “No sir. I am like an alien here. Who-knows-nothing-about-it kind of alien.”

President - “Oh... that’s not right. I know!” he sounds excited. “Why don’t I introduce you?”

Mr. Kim - “It will be my pleasure.”

President - “Good. Come with me.”

 

I follow him to another room, where a few people wearing white laboratory attire are talking among each other.

Mr. Kim - “Hello Guys.”

 

All of them bow to the President.

President - “Meet them, our science team, representing us here.”

Mr. Kim - “Nice to meet you.”

President - “But where is the person I want you to meet? Where is the dork?”

 

“Ah... she is there Mr. President.” A guy among them points us at a direction.

 

I see a crowd of boys and girls there. And I think, there is somebody in the middle. Both the President and I go there.

President - “Excuse me. Let us pass.” The crowd clears a passage right away, seeing the President.

 

There is indeed someone standing in the middle. A girl. She is wearing a casual dress, unlike the most people there. And she is VERY beautiful. She looks really innocent – kind of like an angel. The gathered people are acting like her fans. She must be really popular for some reason. She herself looks a little uneasy with the gathering around her though.

 

President - “Hey, Jisoo. Charming the girls and the boys again, are you??” He fakes a scolding tone.

Jisoo - “N-no... sir. I-it’s nothing like that.”

President - “Hahahaha. Just kidding. Anyway... I would like to meet Mr. Kim here.”

Jisoo - “H-hello sir.”

Mr. Kim - “Hello.” I smile.

President - “Quiz time. What do you think her occupation is? I mean a doctor or a hired assassin etc.”

Jisoo - “I-I am not a hired assassin!”

“That was just an example.” He grins. “So Kim... what do you think?”

 

Mr. Kim - “Uh... from our very first meeting, I would say... she is a model or something... but She’s not, right?”

President - “Hahahaha. Exactly. If you don’t tell someone who she really is, it is natural to mistake her as a model. She just looks so good.”

Jisoo - “Y-yah! Mr. President!” She says shyly.

President - “Okay. Okay. I won’t say that within an hour, my dorky princess.” He laughs, then turns to me again. “She is my friend Kim Junsoo’s daughter. But considering how much I love her, you can say she is my daughter as well.” Jisoo smiles shyly.

President - “But first things first. You must be wondering why I want you to meet her, Right??”

Mr. Kim - “Yeah. I am. She must be someone famous.”

“Yup. She sure is.” He smiles proudly. “She is the lead member of our representative science team here.”

Mr. Kim - “Wow!! She is a scientist!?”

President - “Yup.”

Mr. Kim - “So she is one of the smartest person around?! And she’s so good looking! Wow!! What a combo!”

President - “Not ‘ONE’ of the smartest.”

Mr. Kim - “Huh?”

He smiles again. “Meet our very own Kim Jisoo...”

President - “...the top most Astrophysicist of the world and...”

 

“...the smartest person on the FACE OF THIS PLANET.”

 

(Flashback Ends)

 

A few moments of silence ensues. Jennie and Irene looks at each other in disbelief.

 

Irene - “Smartest on the PLANET?”

Jennie - “Her?”

Mr. Kim - “Yup.”

Jennie - “HER??” she pokes Jisoo’s crown of the head to make sure.

Mr. Kim - “Yes.”

Jennie - “Hahahhahaha!!!”

Mr. Kim - “What’s so funny?” he says in a serious tone.

Jennie - “Are you sure that’s her??”

Mr. Kim - “Yes.”

Jennie - “That is IMPOSSIBLE! Hahahahahaha!”

 

Jisoo - “Sniff!”

Jennie - “Huh?” The sound is coming from Jisoo. “W-why are you crying??”

Jisoo - “Y-you don’t think I am smart... Sniff! You think I am stupid!!”

Jennie - “N-no... that’s not what...” she rushes beside Jisoo and rubs her shoulder. “It doesn’t matter. You are MY babo. And that’s everything that I can ever want.” She smiles.

Jisoo - “R-really?” she says after wiping her tears.

Jennie - “Really!”

Irene - “Ahhh... so sweet. Jen... there is no room for confusion anymore.”

Jennie - “E-eh??” She blushes. Jisoo does so too.

Mrs. Kim - “Do I need to know something?” Mrs. Kim says being confused.

Mr. Kim - “Nah. You don’t. Because you’ll know it soon enough.” Mr. Kim winks.

Soojoo - “Job well done, KJ.” Soojoo speaks while smiling.

Jennie - “B-but! I still don’t believe the stupid story that Dad just told.”

 

Soojoo - “That is the truth.” She smiles.

Irene - “Huh?”

Soojoo - “At the moment, your s is pressing the s of the smartest person of Earth.”

Jennie - “s?... YAAAAHHH!!!”

Jisoo - “S-Soojoo! W-we are hugging!”

Soojoo - “Oh! I thought... anyways, I always liked your s.” She grins.

Jennie - “Y-you ert!”

Irene - “DAD! Why are you listening?! Go away!” Irene pushes him out of the living room.

Mr. Kim - “Okay! Okay!... Sheesh!”

 

Suddenly, a car screech was heard.

 

“Now who may that be? Ah. Whatever. You were saying something? Continue after the ‘s’ part.”

Soojoo - “Yeah. As I was saying...” Suddenly the door opens.

 

Jinyoung - “Hey guys!”

 

Jisoo - “Oppa!”

Irene - “It’s that Jinyoung guy.”

Soojoo - “Jinyoung Oppa! How did you know that we are here?”

Jinyoung - “Well, the guys back in the Centre told me. Can I come in?”

Jennie - “Uh... yeah. Why not. You pointed me at her direction so I owe you one.”

Jinyoung - “Thanks.” He jumps on the sofa. “So everything is okay now, I guess.”

Soojoo - “So... it’s you who gave them the ID.”

Jinyoung - “Hey, Soojoo. I hope you are not touching Jisoo ‘Affectionately’ in front of her special one.”

Jennie - “S-special one...?” she blushes.

Jisoo - “Y-yah! J-Jinyoung oppa!” she says frantically.

Jinyoung - “Aw. So cute. But it is the truth, you know.”

Jennie - “S-so I-I am her... s-special one?” she mumbles while blushing madly.

Soojoo - “I am trying to keep the ‘touching’ at a minimum. But I have to agree, your plan worked great.”

Jinyoung - “It had too. Genius think alike.”

Jennie - “W-wait. What plan? What are you talking about?”

Jinyoung - “Oh. You haven’t told them??”

Jisoo - “N-no...”

Jinyoung - “Then allow me. Have you told your real identity, or you haven’t even done that?”

Soojoo - “Well we were kind of in the middle of it.”

Jinyoung - “Come’on! You should do that first! Whatever, I’ll do that as well.” He clears his throat. “So let us PROPERLY introduce ourselves first, okay guys?” Soojoo nods in response. “Good.”

 

Jinyoung - “I am Park Jinyoung. NOT a restaurant worker. I am one of the Lead Scientists of KNASRC. Can I have my ID back please? Thank you... And nice to meet you.” He smiles widely. “Soojoo, you’re next.”

 

Soojoo - “Hong Soojoo. Another Lead Scientist of KNARSC, likewise. Additional info – I find Jisoo very y.” She giggles.

 

Jinyoung - “Now the most anticipated...”

Jisoo - “I-I am Kim Jisoo.............”

Soojoo - “Wait, that’s it?! Complete it!!”
Jisoo - “T-there isn’t much...”

Soojoo - “The heck with that! Whatever. We’ll say it for you.”

 

Jinyoung - “Presenting... Kim Jisoo. Head Scientist of KNASRC. THE smartest person in the world, no matter how much she (Jisoo herself) denies it. She's the BEST Astrophysicist of the World as well. AMAZINGLY, she is also one of the Top 25 Models of the World, is offered modelling roles for like a thousand times by now... but she refused them all. She won the NOBEL PRIZE after finishing college for her work in the field... but lost it somewhere on her way back home.” He rolls on the floor laughing. “Lost the Damn Nobel Prize on the way!! Can you believe that!? Hahaha!!!”

 

Soojoo - “Also, she is our boss and leads the whole KNASRC. If the Korean Authority decides to launch a rocket in the space, it can’t do so unless SHE approves it. AND the Million Dollar Koenigsegg outside is hers. The other countries are still fighting among each other to get her involved in their projects, both good and bad. That's why it's an absolute necessity to keep her under watch all the time. She is a god-damn GENIUS AND clumsy as . Very much camera-shy, rarely comes in front of it. No wonder why she is seen so less on the TV. And YES, She nay be clumsy as but she is NOT stupid. She turns stupid ONLY when YOU stay in her close proximity.”

 

Jinyoung finally manages to stop laughing and wipes his tears. “Hahah.... whew... And that my friends... is the MAGNIFICANCT ASTOUNDING CUTE DORKY AMAZEMENT called KIM JISOO.”

 

After a few minutes of pin drop silence.

 

Jennie - “I DO NOT BELIEVE ONE SINGLE DAMN SEMICOLON OF THIS !”