Chapter 1

Jensoo convertion

 

“I am Jennie.

I am the daughter of Woo Kim, the President of ‘The Kim’s’... the largest company of Korea.

I am beautiful.

I am rich.

I am smart.

I am popular.

I am...”

 

“A narcissist .”

 

Jennie - “Who dared to say that?!”

“It’s me, Irene... your honored .”

Jennie - “Irene. Just because you are my sister, you cannot just interrupt me while I am self-praising. You know how important it is to me.”

Irene - “Yeah. I know. I just added a quality that’s all. About your .”

Jennie - “Whatever. Why are you here?”

Irene - “Lisa called.”

Jennie - “What does that she-gorilla want?”

I tell that because someone once shot a photo of her hairy leg once. That was one amazing moment... for everyone other than her.

 

So, I am Jennie: Description, I think I gave enough for now. I am awesome in short. Hehehe.

And there is Irene: My sister. Ugly, stupid, show-off a total uh... she is a really bad person.

And I won’t accept that she is not any of what I just said. Though I love her very much. But I won’t accept that either.

Oh, and Lisa: Apart from her hairy-showcase, she is one of my closest friends. As bad as Irene. A she-amazon. Has enough strength to throw a man 10 feet away. Not smarter than a broccoli... YES, the vegetable. I don’t know why I am the only awesome person around here.

 

Irene - “She is waiting for you at the Café. She needs your help with something.”

Jennie - “I knew it. Most probably she has a thousand shopping bags with her and wants someone to carry that.”

Irene - “You should be ashamed. She makes the daughter of the Prime Minister carry her bags.”

Jennie - “And you are the reason of quarrels between us. Sneaky bastard.”

Irene - “But it still is the truth. By the way, I am out of sneaky ideas at the moment. So go out and meet her.”

Jennie - “I don’t want to. I was reading the horoscope today, it says to stay inside home.”

Irene - “No, you have to. F-ck horoscope. Those things are bullsh-t. And besides, I read it too. Actually it says that you should GO out... you have a chance to meet the perfect person for you today. So don’t you try to fool me.”

Jennie - “Why are YOU so excited to send me out?”

Irene - “Because I want you out. Seulgi is on her way here. And I don’t want you to meddle in.”

Jennie - “So that’s why...Selfish.” I whisper the last part.

Irene - “Heard that. And yes, it is the truth. So get your goofy out.”

 

Seulgi: Seulgi who is my sis Irene’s girlfriend. A nerd. Smart. Yeah. Even I can’t deny that. Not too bad looking as well. But is very uptight. Sometime it feels like I am talking to a Shaolin Monk. Her nature is the complete opposite of Irene. I don’t know how they got together.

 

I have to now. Or else she will go ‘emotional mode’ on me for sure. I can hardly tolerate that.

 

I lazily work my way out of the house. It’s so hot. My car is also wrecked. A cat went... You know what? I won’t tell you.

 

So, walking it is. Damn that Lisa for making me do this. I promise that if I find out that she has called me for some silly reasons, I will penalty kick her in front of everyone.

 

Anyway, I was walking while humming a song I like, when suddenly...

...

...

A bird pooped right in front of me.

Damn! It missed me by a centimeter maybe.

I am sure it’s the bird that Irene feeds every day. It tries to poop on me every single day, at least when I go outside the house. I don’t know how she can manipulate a bird. Son of a bitc... uh... bird!

After checking whether I got any stains on my shirt, I continue along the road.

I decide to take a shortcut through an alley.

 

When suddenly...

...

...

No. This time, it’s not a bird poop.

A black car stopped right in front of me with a screech.

Yes, it’s an alley but it’s wide enough to allow a car to pass through. But cars do not usually use it.

The way the car stopped in front of me is a little weird. As if it’s trying to block my path.

 

I stop for a moment by its weird behaviour, then try to go around it.

Just then, a short girl with black face paint comes out of it and grabs my hand.

Jennie - “H-hey!”

The other girl - “Come with me if you do not wish to get harmed!”

 

Well... that escalated quickly.

 

Is this a kidnapping!? Sh-t... I sometimes forget that I am the daughter of the President of ‘The Kim’s’. To kidnappers, I am almost a treasure trove.

The other girl - “Come with ME!”

This time she says it with a bit aggression. But she says it in a weird way. She wants to intimidate me but... I think she failed at it very badly. And hilariously.

But I still am scared.

You should never underestimate anyone. Moreover, in a situation like this.

Who knows... this girl may be the most dangerous person in the country.

 

Jennie - “W-who are you? And what do you want??”

The other girl - “I am here to kidnap you! Now come with me and don’t ask questions!”

Well, that’s a direct answer.

I try to stay calm. This may as well be a joke. Because this girl... doesn’t at all look like what she claims.

 

Jennie - “Is this a prank or something?”

The other girl - “Come with me NOW, or else I WILL use THIS.”

She points at her hand, which is holding a... gun?? Oh Sh-t! Now this is serious.

 

I knew I should not have gone outside the house today. Today is a bad day!

The gun is concealed but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used.

Beads of sweat form on my forehead seeing it. My hands start to get cold. I start to panic.

 

Damn it. Jennie! You can’t panick. I know this is a first for me... confronting a gun... but panicking is the worst thing you can do now. I have to keep my cool and use whatever opportunity I get. For now let’s just play along. Let’s get out of this alley to a slightly populated area first.

Jennie - “O-okay...”

I decide it’s better to check out the situation first before doing anything drastic or foolish.

Can I somehow... inform Joohyun or Mom or Dad...or even Lisa? I need help here. I need to let someone know about this so that they can come to save me.

But the girl is so close to me, that I can’t even sneak my phone out from my pocket.

So for now, I am on my own. Sigh...

 

Anyway, the girl turns her back towards me and gets in the driver seat.

I haven’t even entered the car yet.

What is she... teasing me? I can run away at this very moment. I run pretty fast. She is inside the car... so the time she’ll take to get out will be enough for me to get the heck out of this alley. And if I reach the main road, there is no way to catch me again.

But I think she IS teasing me. As if a taunt – Run if you can.

She has a gun you know... and her aim may be perfect as well. Maybe she knows I cannot run away. That’s why she is being like that. I think I better stay here.

 

She is searching for something desperately. What is she looking for?

And she isn’t even starting the car or telling me to get in. I am just standing here... awkwardly.

She is really frustrated it seems. I wonder why.

The other girl - “God damn it! Where are the keys?!”

She mutters.

What the heck!? She can’t even find the car keys and she came to kidnap someone!? Must be the clumsiest kidnapper I have ever come to know about.

So what should I do...?

The other girl - “Don’t you move!” she warns me once again.

Jennie - “S-sure.” She still has the gun. Or else I would have...

 

Just then I see something shining on her back pocket.

The Keys!

Should I tell her that?

That would be like... helping the kidnapper to kidnap me. Yeah... weird.

So I should just stay silent... But... what if she gets frustrated and the situation turns out to be worse than this??

But if she takes me to her area, I would be in a complete disadvantage.

So what should I do?

 

Suddenly, she turns towards me. Still searching for the keys though.

I catch a glimpse of her face again. It’s painted black... I think she did it herself.

Gosh... she looks SO FUNNY like that. Only her eyes and pink heart lips are standing out.

She looks like a Chimpanzee! Really!

I would have fallen on the floor if she wasn’t a kidnapper.

But still it is very hard to contain my laughter. But the situation is serious so I force myself to.

 

She catches me smiling.

The other girl - “What’s so funny?!” she says angrily.

I don’t know... but she can’t frighten me at all. She just looks goofy when she tries to be all scary.

I am scared just because the gun, nothing else.

Jennie - “N-no... I wasn’t...”
The other girl - “You were! Does this look funny to YOU??!”

Jennie - “A-actually I was trying to tell you that the keys are in your back pocket...”

Ah f-ck me.

I had to spill it out.

The other girl - “Oh?” She reaches her hands to her back pocket. “Yeah... they are. Thanks.”

Jennie - “Uh... welcome?”

The other girl - “Now... get into... WOOOPS!!”

 

She drops the keys.

There is a manhole below her.

It falls into it through the holes of its cover.

Yes. Clumsiest kidnapper. Ever.

 

She just throws her hands in frustration.

I wanted to pat her head, but refrained... because... you know...she is the kidnapper and of course, the gun.

After calming down a bit, she turns to me again and grabs my hand.

The other girl - “Let’s go!”

Jennie - “W-where? Weren’t those the car keys-?”

The other girl - “We walk!”

Wow... walking while kidnapping or is it kidnapping while walking. Or you can say - kidnapping hand in hand as well.

That’s new.

 

And so here I am. Tugging along with my kidnapper.

I think I can make an accurate assumption of her strength from her hold on my hand.

She is small, that I know for sure. But judging from her hold, she probably won’t be able to move her feet if I do not let her. What kind of kidnapper is this?? I thought kidnappers are big scary looking mans with black masks. Well... this here is an exception in every way. Apart from the black face paint maybe.

I feel a tug on my hand when I realize that I stopped in my track while thinking all this. And this girl... can’t even drag me with her. Just as I thought. She is looking at me angrily.

What does she want? My help in my own kidnapping??

 

By the way, we are in a slightly crowded street now. A lot of people are looking at us. Mainly due to my kidnapper’s ‘wise’ dressing sense... with the black face paint and all. They are probably thinking we are going to a fancy dress party.

What does this girl think anyway? That no one will even notice?

The situation is so pathetic, I can’t even ask for help.

Because we are going hand in hand.

Even if I call out for help, anyone will think I am joking. No one will believe that I am just walking along with someone who wants to kidnap me.

 

By the way, enough of this.

I don’t want to participate in this anymore. Enough is enough. By the look of it, this girl will be able to do nothing at all if just let go of her hand and escape.

Or I can just push her on the ground and take the gun. Weak as she is, it shouldn’t take more than one good push.

But what if I miss? What if I can’t do it? Then there is a chance of this getting out of hand.

 

Another tug.

I look at the girl. Again that angry stare.

Jennie - “S-sorry.”

I stopped on my track again. Forgot that I am being kidnapped.

And about that gun... hmm.

I can enter a shop or something. There are a lot of them here.

Naah... If she enters after me, it will be the same situation all over again. The people there won’t be able to do much in front of a gun.

I need to get out of this place altogether somehow, out of her range. If I do that, she will be forced to escape herself.

How do I do that?

 

Just then I notice a bus.

It just stopped at the bus stoppage.

It will leave within moments.

That’s it!

I’ll just run and board it.

While this girl will fathom what just happened, I will be long gone.

And it will be a heck of a story in the school. Hahaha.

Thank you for sending such a person to kidnap me.

 

According to the plan, I am just about to run off from her grasp, when suddenly she turns towards me.

I get startled. How did I not considered this? I look at her awkwardly, being taken back by her action.

But even then, nothing could have prepared me for the next thing she does.

 

The other girl - “W-wait here. I gotta pee.”

Then she turns around once more.

The other girl - “Don’t you dare try to escape!”

 

And then she leaves me standing while going inside the public ladies toilet in front of me.

I just stand there dumbfounded. I am not tied up or anything. I am just standing there while my kidnapper went to pee.

I can’t even think of doing anything.

I forgot about the bus.

The only thing I can say is-

 

Jennie - “Are you f-cking kidding me?...”

Which kidnapper in the world... leaves the hostage free, out on a crowded street... to go pee?

No one.

Except this one.

 

I try to get over this.

Maybe this is her area?

Maybe she has other people who are secretly watching my movement?

But... didn’t we walk for maybe... five minutes?

Oh... yeah. I am near the library where Seulgi occasionally drags me to read educational books.

So how can this be her area?

This is MY area.

10 minutes distance from my house is still MY area. My safe zone.

 

Are there other people?

I look around.

I don’t think so. If there were, wouldn’t they come earlier, when the girl drop the car keys? Would they just let us walk around?

So now, there is only one question.

 

Is this girl... completely out of her mind? Is she a whacko? Or simply mental?

 

I was so nervous a few moments ago, that I didn’t realize I cannot escape from here.

Cause we are still near my home. I can just walk back to my home and everything will be solved.

Nice kidnapping.

She is so BAD at this, that it intrigues me.

How can someone like this even think of doing something like this??

This must be a joke.

You know what?

I’ll wait.

This is... REALLY weird. INTERESTING kind of weird.

I am really curious to see what she is going to do next.

I am not too worried about the gun anymore.

 

And she gets out after a few minutes and comes to me.

The other girl - “Thanks for waiting... Oh! I mean... Y-you did the right thing by following my orders.”
Jennie - “Yeah... sure thing.”

I got my confidence back the moment she left to pee. Hehehe.

The other girl - “So where were we... uh...”

Jennie - “You were kidnapping me.”

The other girl - “Yes. Yes... let’s go.” She looks at her watch. “Oh! We are late! I want to make a perfect impression!”

What impression?

Someone opened a kidnapping academy?

Let’s play along. I am pretty sure it’s safe.

 

After about 20 minutes of walking, we reach a restaurant.

I was so engrossed in this girl... that I totally forgot how hot it is today.

And as my kidnapping is being done on foot... you can say medieval style as well, both of us are exhausted by then. I am sweaty... I hate it when it becomes like that. Mom makes me go shower right after I wake up. And all that for nothing. Now I have to do it again after returning.

But at least... I will get to know an interesting sample of a kidnapper.

 

The other girl - “Here we are.” She says after catching her breath.

Wow... bring someone to a restaurant filled with people, after kidnapping. Flawless plan.

She takes me inside. It’s kind of like hanging around with a friend... a kidnapper friend. So what can possibly be the problem? And I don’t know about this restaurant. Looks good. Maybe I should check it out later.

Anyway, the girl brings me to the counter where a guy was chatting with another guy. From the uniform, it seems he works here. Probably part time.

 

The other girl - “H-hey J-Jinyoung... I-I am back.”

She stutters. She looks kind of shy. She can’t even look straight in embarrassment. I think she likes this guy.

But the guy seems to be... annoyed to see her. What is this?

Jinyoung - “Oh... hey. Jisoo.”

Jisoo, eh?

The other girl/Jisoo - “I-I did as you said.”

Jinyoung - “What?”

Jisoo - “I-I did as you told me to.”

Jinyoung - “I don’t understand. What are you talking about?”

Jisoo - “I-I kidnapped Mr. Kim’s daughter.”

So she knows who I am.

But never mind that, after hearing her, Jinyoung looks at me for a second. I think he recognizes me as well and almost falls over the counter in shock.

 

Jinyoung - “W-what?! Y-you did WHAT???”

Jisoo - “I... kidnapped Mr. Kim’s d-daughter.” She smiles mildly. Is that something to be happy about?

Jinyoung looks at me.

Jinyoung – “I-is she joking?” he asks me.

Jennie – “No. She did kidnap me using a pistol-”

Jisoo – “I am telling you the truth! I really did-”

Jinyoung - “Shhhhhhhhhh!!!! Shut up!!”

Jinyoung’s face pales. He looks around while gulping, then drags three of us to a room behind the counter.

He locks the door after seeing whether anybody was outside or not.

Then he holds and jerks... this ‘Jisoo’ Girl by the shoulder.

Jinyoung - “T-tell me again. P-please don’t joke with me.”

Jisoo - “I-I kidnapped Mr. Kim’s daughter. I-I am not joking! W-why?? A-aren’t you happy?”

Well, I don’t know what is going on, but he sure doesn’t look happy.

He bangs his head on the wall.

Jinyoung - “I should have listened to Hyuk. Am I doomed??”

Jisoo - “W-what?”

Jinyoung - “I should have broken contact with you long ago.”

This Jisoo Girl’s face darkens the moment he says it. Yeah, I am sure. She likes this Jinyoung guy.

Jisoo - “N-no... w-why?”

Jinyoung - “I didn’t know you have crossed the ‘DUMB THRESHOLD LIMIT’!” he shouts the last three words.

 

Jisoo - “I-I... I just did w-what you said me to...”

Jennie - “And what did he say?” I can’t contain my curiosity now.

Jisoo - “H-he said that he... will make me his girlfriend... i-if... I kidnap you.”

Jennie - “Eh?!”

Jinyoung runs to me.

Jinyoung - “P-please don’t listen to her! I-I didn’t say it.”

Jisoo - “Y-you did... t-that’s why...”

Jinyoung - “Shut up dwarf!”

Jennie - “Hey! If she did THIS, there surely must be a reason. If you ask me, I will say YOU are the one who sent her after me.”

Jinyoung - “N-no!”

Jennie - “Then tell me the truth.”

Jinyoung - “Sigh... I will. But first of all, know this... that this is that damn ’s fault.”

 

His last two words... I think did more damage than a gun could ever do to that girl.

She was going to say something more, but stopped abruptly.

She looks really sad. She is heartbroken. Even I, a total stranger, can feel her pain.

Now this is becoming an EMOTIONAL kidnapping.

Jennie - “Hey! Stop saying those things to her! Tell me everything that you told her! Or else I will take action against you for attempt of kidnapping.”

Jinyoung - “N-no! P-please! I-I am just a student. I will be finished if you do that!”

Jennie - “Then spill the truth.”

Jinyoung - “That ...”

I glared at him.

 

So, this is Jinyoung: A student, works at the restaurant. Looks good, looks like a player. Coward. 99.9% possibility of being a douchebag.

 

Jinyoung - “I mean she likes me very much. She keeps following me everywhere like she is stuck to me with glue. But I DON’T like her.”

The girl just kneels on the floor. Ah... man. I feel bad already. I know where this is going.

 

Jinyoung - “She keeps annoying me because she is obsessed with me. Even after seeing that I have a perfect girlfriend... she didn’t stop bothering me. One day we were just walking past your house... and she started annoying me again like that. To get her off me, I-I... CASUALLY said that if she kidnaps YOU, I’ll make her my girlfriend.”

I don’t know what to say.

Jennie - “Then?”

Jinyoung - “I-I said that because I was sure that she wouldn’t do that and stop annoying me after finally getting my message. But I should have realized that she is so DUMB...”

Jennie - “She actually did that eh?”

Jinyoung - “Y-Yeah! Now you understand, right?? I have no fault in this!”

I look at the girl.

I feel so bad for her.

She really did like... no I think love this guy.

Jinyoung - “P-please. You have to understand. It was meant to deliver my message that I don’t like her and obviously don’t want to make her my girlfriend. It’s her fault for being so stupid... I am sorry for the inconvenience she has caused you. I-I can treat you for free... that’s the least I can do. But please! Don’t take legal actions against me.”

 

I decide not to say anything.

He is a son of a . But it’s not entirely his fault. It’s not her fault as well. She is just a hopeless lover. And... an idiot.

Jinyoung - “S-so you are not going to take actions, right?”

He may wet his pants if I say yes.

Just when I am going to say that, my kidnapper runs out of the shop.

Jinyoung - “Eh!? Where are you-”

But before he can complete his sentence, she is out of the shop.

I sense something here. I run after her.

 

I knew it.

But thank god she is dumb.

She wanted herself to get knocked by a car.

So she went to the middle of the road, and stood there while the red light was on.

The cars honk at her first, then go around her.

Probably they didn’t want to knock a black-face-painted midget.

She even asks the drivers, who were passing her by, to come around and go over her.

No one listens... thankfully no one is as dumb as her.

Too much weirdness.

 

Then the next thing I know, she is trying to open a manhole cover to jump into it.

But then again, she tries to open it while...

...standing on the damn cover.

 

Enough stupidity.

I go there and grab her by the waist.

Jisoo - “Let me go... I want to jump!”

Jennie - “If you try to kill yourself once more, I will ing kill you.”

She gets scared seeing my sudden angry state. And why shouldn’t I be??

Jisoo - “O-okay.”

 

I hail a cab and get into it with her.

I see Jinyoung standing in front of the restaurant. I still haven’t answered him. I think he won’t be able to sleep tonight.

I can’t say it serves him right. But I want to say it.

I feel so bad about this girl beside me.

Is being dumb... more important a factor than love?

 

I turn my gaze towards her.

Jennie - “What’s your name?”

Jisoo - “J-i...”

Jennie - “That’s all?”

Jisoo - “...soo.”

She is still looking outside the window. I hope she is not going to jump out next.

Jennie - “You still want to try something stupid?”

This time she yells.

Jisoo - “I know I am STUPID, okay?!? No need to... repeat it... so many times.”

Then she begins to cry. She surely must have heard it a lot. She doesn’t like it... obviously.

Ah... man, this girl...

Jennie - “Hey... I am sorry.”

Jisoo - “I am pathetic.”

Jennie - “You are not. I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

Jisoo - “Why?”

Jennie - “What do you mean why?? Are you-?”

Oops. Not that word again. Not even synonyms.

 

Jennie - “I mean... you should not do things like that just for that guy. I know you loved him and all... but surely, he is not the one for you. So you shouldn’t get depressed about it and start trying harder to find that someone for you.”

Jisoo - “He is the one for me.”

Jennie - “He is NOT.”

Jisoo - “How do you know?”

Jennie - “I am smart, that’s how.”

Jisoo - “There! You said it again!!!!”

She starts to sniff again.

God damn it! Can’t even say I am smart!? So not even antonyms!!

Sensitive topics.

 

Jennie - “I meant to say... I have more experience than you in this kind of matters.”

Jisoo - “Really?” she says wiping her tears.

Jennie - “Yeah.”

I notice we have reached my home.

Jennie - “We are here.”

Jisoo - “Why am I here??”

Jennie - “I don’t know... so that you do not try out things like those again?”

Jisoo - “I won’t.”

Jennie - “I don’t believe you.”

Jisoo - “Just leave me here...”

Just then I notice a cut on her thigh.

Perfect!

Jennie - “You got a cut there. I can’t just let you off without treating you first.”

Jisoo - “Eh?? Where?”

Jennie - “There.”

Jisoo - “It’s nothing.”

Jennie - “It’s something. Let’s go. I’ll take you to your house after that, okay?”

Jisoo - “Ah... fine!”

Jennie - “And remind me to wash that paint off your face, okay? You look... crazy.”

Jisoo - “Hmph.”

 

She turns away from me.

A smile appears on my face.

Stupid as heck... yet courageous. Hopeless lover... and funny at the same time.

I wanted to know her a bit more.

Maybe I too, just want make fun of her, with help from Irene.

But I don’t know... It feels different... to have her by my side.

I want to know WHY.

And so much for the horoscope.

Look who I met by going outside today.

Oh... and first time maybe, someone invited his or her kidnapper to her house.

But this is not just any kidnapper, you know.

 

So Jisoo: “Welcome to my House.”


Totally forgot about the gun as well.
Will ask her later.