Chapter 6

Jensoo convertion

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie - “Those were good times.”

Jennie - “Yeah… hanging out with her… playing with her… building sand castles… pinching her… kissing her…”

Jennie - “She was my first… and best friend. Isn’t she still is?”

Jennie - “Then how did I get so distant to her? How could I not recognize her?”

“Sigh…”

Jennie - “I poked her so many times then.”

Jennie - “Now… I don’t think… nah. It would be weird.”

Jennie engages in soliloquy while sitting in her room.

 

Jennie - “What she said… She loves me… is it true?”

Jennie - “I remember that time… when I couldn’t sleep then just because I had seen her in her undies. Hehehe.”

Jennie - “Also that day, when I finally had gathered courage to kiss her. God, how tensed I was before that.”

Jennie - “I used to be so nervous whenever she had touched me.”

Jennie - “W-wait… Why did I feel like that?! Why did I have that weird attraction to her when she was pretending as a kidnapper?? Is it normal to be attracted to a weird black dressed kidnapper?”

Jennie - “Is it her simplicity? Her cute clumsiness? Or… Did… I… liked her from the very beginning??”

Jennie - “Why did I say those things then? Those came out so suddenly…”

Jennie - “Nah. She is your friend. Sometimes this kind of things happens with really close friends. That’s all. Calm down Jennie.” She takes a deep breath. “Calm down.”

Jennie - “W-what?” she puts her hand on her chest. H-heart? Why are you beating rapidly? Why are you so excited?!”

 

Irene - “Hey! Jen!”

Jennie - “Y-yes!?”

Irene - “You… why are you so surprised? Are you watching ?”

Jennie - “Wh-what? Watching where smarty? On my alarm clock?!”

Irene - “Hmm… Anyway, I have something to tell you.”

Jennie - “Have they left?”

Irene - “Yes. They have. That wasn’t good though. Leaving just like that. Even if she isn’t your kindergarten diaper friend. But she is actually.”

Jennie - “I… leave it. What were you saying?”

Irene - “Yeah. Before leaving, Soojoo said that tomorrow, there will be a small party before they, I mean she, Jinyoung and… Jisoo, leave for Berlin.”

Jennie - “Why?”

Irene - “They said that this assignment can take a long time and they may have to stay there for a good few years.”

Jennie - “What? Years??...”

Irene - “Yes. Anyway, she invited all of us there. Especially YOU. She said ‘someone’ will love it if you go to it.”

Jennie - “I… okay… I-I’ll think about it.”

Irene - “Do think about it. Anyway, I am going to hang out with Seulgi now. Later…”

Jennie - “Uh… yeah. Okay… um… enjoy.”

 

Irene leaves, again leaving Jennie alone deep in her thoughts.

 

Jennie - “Years?? Years??? I… I didn’t even… ah… . I myself left her today. I should have…”

Jennie - “Should I go to...? I already said those… Today, she told her feelings and I rejected her. Wouldn’t me being there make things awkward?”

Jennie - “B-but… I want… she will go to Berlin. Said may take years… I-I…” she frowns. “…want to talk to her.”

Jennie - “…As a friend! Would it be bad if I talk to her as a friend? There is nothing wrong with that, right?”

 

A day later. Evening.

 

The Kim family is getting ready for the party at Jisoo’s house.

Mrs. Kim - “Where is Jennie? She is getting late!”

Irene - “Hmm… I don’t know dad.”

Mr. Kim - “Eh? Isn’t she the closest among us to Jisoo?”

Irene - “I thought so… but then… I guess she isn’t.” she says in a teasing tone in front of the door of Jennie’s room.

Jennie - “I am ready.” Jennie comes out of the room right away.

Irene - “Ah!” Irene smiles. “I thought you aren’t going to go.”

Jennie - “I changed my mind.”

Irene - “Good, good. Nice dress. I never saw you wearing it. Kept it for a special occasion, didn’t you?” she teases again. “You look good.”

Jennie - “S-shut up! I am just going there to… say good luck to her.”

Irene - “Oh? Really??”

Jennie - "Yeah!”

Irene - “Oh, alright then. Let’s get going. Everyone is ready and waiting for you.”

 

After an hour, the Kim family reaches Jisoo’s house. Just like the space centre, it’s located at an isolated spot, away from the city.

All of them gets out of the car.

The house is two storied, but has a really unique look. It’s like one from a sci-fi movies. It looks futuristic yet beautiful.

The walls are like those electronic scoreboards because they are displaying pictures all over them which is making the house look even livelier than it already is.

 

The surrounding too, is beautifully decorated – there is a garden around the house, a garage containing three expensive looking cars – one of which is the Agera. There is also something on the roof, which cannot be clearly seen from the ground. The Kims look at it in awe, even when they themselves have a palace like mansion.

 

Mrs. Kim - “Wow. That’s a beautiful house! I have never seen anything like it.”

Irene - “Yeah. It really is. Would be great to stay here, wouldn’t it, Jen?”

Jennie - “E-eh?!” she too was watching the house, when Irene startles her. “.. Y-yeah.”

Mr. Kim - “Let’s go girls.”

 

They walk up to the gate. Two black suited person are guarding it.

Guard - “Good evening, sir. Please stand there for a sec so that we can check you.”

Mr. Kim - “Surely.”

They bring out a small machine and scans every member of the Kims.

 

Guard - “Thank you for waiting. Go right in, Ms. Kim is expecting you all.” He smiles.

As soon as he does, the front gate divides into two parts, lowers and disappears into the ground. And a path appears.

Before, there was only this garden, but no path to the house. Just as the gate opens… or disappears into the ground, a path rises from it.

 

Jennie - “W-wow. Nice!”

Irene - “A-w-e-some.”

Mrs. Kim - “Worthy of the smartest of the world. We should have one of this!”

Mr. Kim - “I don’t know where they built this… anyway, let’s go.”

Mrs. Kim - “Uh… where do we enter?”

Mr. Kim - “Eh? The door of course.”

Mrs. Kim - “What door?”

There isn’t any door.

Mr. Kim - “Uh… this is awkward.”

Just then a hologram appears. It’s Soojoo.

Soojoo - “Hello Uncle, Aunty, Irene, Jennie.”

Irene - “Hey, Soojoo!”

Soojoo - “Why are you standing there? Come on up.”

Mr. Kim - “That is… um… how?”

Soojoo - “Oh… sorry. Get on the lift.”

Jennie - “What lift?”

Soojoo - “That platform. Stand on it, everyone.”

Mrs. Kim - “T-this? This is just a board! How are we going to get up by this?”

Soojoo - “Stand on it. Hehehehe.”

The Kims stand on it and as soon as they do, it floats upwards.

Jennie - “WHOA!”

Irene - “Wowowowow!!”

Mrs. Kim - “T-this is… something else!”

Mr. Kim - “H-how is it moving?!”

They reach the roof where the party is being held. Soojoo is standing there to greet them.

Soojoo - “Magnetism. Welcome and thanks for coming here. Jisoo will be happy to see…” she looks at Jennie “…All of you. Follow me.”

 

The Kim family follow Soojoo to the party.

 

Mr. Kim - “I thought you guys will have to employ crowd control here.”

Soojoo - “No, uncle. We only invited selected people. Jisoo gets nervous in crowd. Ah! There she is. KJ!” she calls.

Jennie was silent all this time. But as the figure in front turns towards her, her jaw drops. Fortunately, not literally.

 

It is Jisoo, wearing a elegant blue dress and a diamond necklace. Hair neatly bound in a bun. Diamond bracelets on her hands. This is the first time Jennie sees her in a getup like this.

Jennie - “A-a-a-a-a-a-a…”

Jisoo - “J-Jennie ssi. Y-you look beautiful.”

Jennie - “I-I-I-I-I-I…”

Jisoo - “W-what?”

Jennie - “N-N-N-N-N-N-N…”

Irene interrupts. “Never mind her. She is in slight ‘awe-struck’ kind of shock.”

Jisoo - “H-hello Irene-ssi, Uncle, Aunty… all of you are looking fabulous.”

Mrs. Kim - “Hmm.. But not like you. You look G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s.”

Jisoo - “T-thank you. I-I am not looking that good.”

Irene - “Are you crazy?! You damn are! More so, look at Jennie. I apologize for her for drooling all over the floor.”

Jennie - “D-d-d-d-d-d-…. W-what!? Oh!” Jennie gets embarrassed. “S-sorry. I-I… just… opened my mouth for too long and…”

Jisoo - “I-It’s not a problem Jennie-ssi.”

 

Soojoo was chuckling all this time, now she speaks up.

Jisoo - “Uncle, Aunty, Irene… why don’t we leave these two alone to talk?”

Mr. Kim - “Good idea.” He grins.

Jisoo - “Irene-ssi, Seulgi-ssi is waiting for you.”

Irene - “Coming right up. Jen, why don’t you give me your bag? I’ll keep it with mine.”

Jennie - “Seulgi is already here?” She says giving Jennie the bag.

Irene - “Yeah. You know, Jisoo being her idol and all… anyway, have a nice time, you two.”

She shows an ‘okay’ sign and leaves the spot with the rest of her family except Jennie.

 

There were no one except her and Jisoo on that side of the roof. The atmosphere between them is more awkward thus. Nobody speaks a word, just leans on the railing and looks everywhere other than each other.

 

Jennie - “S-so…”

Jisoo - “Y-yeah.”

Jennie - “Nice house…”

Jisoo - “T-thanks.”

Jennie - “Uh… i-is that a helipad?”

Jisoo - “Y-yeah.”

Jennie - “Uh… n-nice helipad.” (In the mind) “God damn it! Say something other than yes or thanks!!”

Jisoo - “T-thanks.”

Jennie - “Uh… um… eh… uh… y-you look good.” (In the mind) “Oh my gawdd she is so beauuuuutiful… hooooot…. Cuuuuuteee… xxxxyyyy…. I think I need to go yell somewhere just to appreciate this beauty.”

Jisoo - “T-thanks…”

Jennie - “S-so… you are going to Berlin?”

Jisoo - “Y-yes.”

Jennie - “When… will you return?”

Jisoo - “H-honestly… I don’t know. I think… i-it may take a year or two at the least.”

Jennie - “Two?!... Oh… I-I… see.. Good…luck.”

Jisoo - “Y-yes… so… uh…”

Jennie - “Hm…yeah… I…”

 

Jisoo - “Thank you for coming to see me.”

Jennie - “I.. what?”

Jisoo - “I… even though you do not… l-love me, it’s generous of you to come say… good luck.”

Jennie - “What? Oh! Yeah… right, right… generous… good luck. Right…uh…”

Awkward silence again.

 

Suddenly Soojoo’s voice is heard.

Soojoo - “KJ, someone’s here to see you.”

Jisoo - “C-coming!” she turns to Jennie. “I…guess… I’ll go now. E-enjoy the party.”

Jennie - “Y-yeah… I-I… will…” she lowers her head.

Jisoo leaves.

Jennie - “I… want to… but I cannot.” She sighs.

 

A few minutes later, Jennie goes downstairs. A few people are here as well, including her mom and dad and Soojoo.

She sees Jisoo surrounded by a small group of boys and girls, who seem heads over heels for her.

Jennie scoffs seeing it.

 

Mr. Kim - “Hey, what were you all this time? I thought you were with Jisoo.” Mr. Kim draws her attention.

Jennie - “I… was. I was just… watching the… helipad.”

Mr. Kim - “Oh, okay. Come here then… have a drink. It’s Soojoo’s invention… health drink made from Avocado.”

Jennie - “Avocado?”

Mr. Kim - “Yes… have a taste.”

Jennie takes a sip.

Soojoo - “…Also cow dung…”

FFFRRSSPPPPRT…. Jennie spits it right out.

Soojoo - “Hey! What’s the big idea?”

Mr. Kim - “Jennie! That’s terrible manners!”

Jennie - “C-cow dung?!”

Soojoo - “I was talking about RENEWABLE RESOURCES with THIS guy over here!”

Jennie - “Oh! Sorry…” suddenly something catches her eye. “What the…?”

 

Now Jisoo is with another guy, who is hugging her tightly. Also his hands are in questionable positions.

Jennie - “What the heck?! Is that guy bothering her?!”

But she sees Jisoo giggling.

Jennie - “What the… s-she… likes that?”

Then the guy tickles Jisoo.

Jennie - “T-that guy… t-touching her?! How dare he!?”

But Jisoo giggles instead of reacting.

Jennie - “W-what? Sh-she still likes it?”

Then the guy kisses her cheeks and puts one of his fingers on her lips. And slowly brings her own mouth closer to hers…

Jennie - “THAT’S IT!!” She yells.

 

Everyone looks at Jennie.

Mr. Kim - “W-what?!”

Soojoo - “Jennie?”

Mrs. Kim - “What’s wrong, Jennie??”

 

Jisoo - “J-Jennie-ssi?” Jisoo and her mysterious guy looks at her as well, being startled.

 

Jennie - “I…!” She looks at Jisoo again. The guy’s hands are still on her waist.

Her eyes start to become teary.

 

Jennie - “…need to crap.”

 

Mr. Kim - “W-what?!”

Soojoo - “Eh?!”

Everyone in the room look at her being dumbfounded.

Mrs. Kim - “J-Jennie!! If that’s the case… then couldn’t you just go without PUBLICLY announcing it?!” Mrs. Kim scolds.

 

Jennie doesn’t say a word and goes out of the room.

 

Mr. Kim - “Jennie!”

Jisoo - “J-Jennie-ssi!... Aish…”

 

Jennie goes back to the rooftop again. This time she goes up to the helipad. She sits down on the ground and rest her face on her knees.

Jennie - “Ah… man. I…”

Jennie - “She already found someone… eh?! That girl!”

Jennie - “God damn it! Why am I angry with her?! It’s not her fault! She is good looking, she is a genius. She probably has ten person wanting to be her ideal one every day of the week. But…”

Jennie - “I said I don’t love her. Then why can’t I accept her with someone else??”

Jennie - “That guy is… good looking… a-and…”

Jennie - “He will keep her safe… But what does it matter to me?! I don’t love her! I should let her be with the one she will be happy with! I can’t wish her to be alone forever!”

Jennie - “But why can’t I??”

 

Irene - “Star gazing?” Jennie turns around. It’s Irene. “If not then why are you sitting alone after coming to someone’s house? I also heard you are screaming now a days when you feel the need of going to number two?”

Jennie - “Just collecting myself…”

Irene - “Hmm…” she sits beside her. “I can help.”

Jennie - “You can’t…” she pauses. “Actually, I do have a question.”

Irene - “Throw away.”

Jennie - “How do you… know what your heart wants?”

Irene - “Hmm… simple. Ask your heart. It will answer you.”

Jennie - “A weird answer.”

Irene - “…for a weird question. I assume it’s about Jisoo.”

Jennie - “…Hmm.”

Irene - “Man! It’s so noisy!”

Jennie - “What noise? This is the quietest place of the house!”

Irene - “No. I am talking about your heart. It’s screaming what it wants! Man, it’s so noisy.” She chuckles and gets up. “They are setting the hot air balloon now. Come see.”

Jennie - “Wh… What balloon?”

Irene - “A gift for the guests from the trio. A balloon that will set off fireworks after floating off.”

Jennie - “I… I don’t want to see it.”

Irene - “Jisoo told me to fetch you. She was looking for you.”

Jennie - “I… oh.”

Irene - “Now come on. It will be fun.” She offers her hand.

Jennie fidgets a little before taking it.

 

Both of them go downstairs, to the garden, where all the guests are gathered.

In the middle, there is the hot air balloon that is going to be set off soon. Soojoo and Seulgi seem to be doing something in it.

 

Irene - “Isn’t it cute?”

Jennie - “I guess so.”

Irene - “Come on, let’s go closer. Jisoo is probably in the front.”

 

Irene - “Hey, babe. Everything’s okay?”

She wipes the sweat from her forehead and smiles. “Yup. It will start the fireworks once it gains enough height. Miss Soojoo and I was just checking the altimeter.” She points at the space under the balloon. “And here the fireworks will be kept.”

Irene - “It would have been better if we went for a ride instead of the fireworks.” She winks at Seulgi.

Seulgi - “I can make another one if you tell me.”

Irene - “Excellent. Anyway, it is going to fly any moment now, isn’t it?”

Seulgi - “Hmm. But don’t stand around this area when it does. Flammable and mildly explosive compounds – not good stuff.”

Irene - “Nope. I have no intention to get my on fire. But I do intend to get OUR on fire… in a different way.” She says seductively.

Seulgi - “Hmm… sleazy. As soon as this lifts off, I am yours.” She grins.

Jennie - “Ewww. Leave me out of this!” she says with a contorted face.

Irene - “Oh… sorry. Anyway, babe, where is Jisoo?”

Seulgi - “Ah! The Goddess is there.” She points at the first floor.

Jisoo is standing at the balcony writing something.

Jennie - “What is she doing there?”

Seulgi - “Calculations… regarding this. The goddess is so hardworking!” she says with a mesmerized look.

Irene - “Okay, okay. Enough.” Irene retorts.

 

Just then Jinyoung’s voice is heard.

Jinyoung - “Okay, ladies and gentlemen, we are going to let the balloon lift off now. Please move a safe distance away.”

Jennie - “I was wondering where he was.”

Seulgi - “He was in the garage, building it. Let’s move away now.”

 

The guests all move away from the balloon.

Jinyoung - “Ready?...” Jinyoung looks at Soojoo, who had the remote. “Set it off!”

 

And with the push of the button, the balloon starts to float upwards. The guests clap and cheers as it slowly goes upwards. Well, everyone except Jennie, who was deep in her own thoughts.

Irene - “I can’t wait for the fireworks. I heard it’s specially designed by Soojoo. It would be spectacular.”

Seulgi - “Yup, as if it is not already awesome.”

The guests mumble.

 

Irene - “Hey!” Suddenly Irene exclaims. “Isn’t that… your bag?”

Jennie - “What?...” she looks. “Hey! Yeah! Who left it in there?!”

Irene - “Um… I think I had left it there mistakenly when I came to see it earlier.”

Jennie - “That has my… ah… …”

 

Jisoo - “W-what’s the matter?” Jisoo says from the balcony. The balloon was floating right in front of her.

Irene - “I mistakenly left Jennie’s bag… it’s not a problem.”

Jisoo - “Eh? H-her bag? No worries… I can get it from here…” she leans forward and stretches her hand to reach the bag from the balloon that was slowly going up.

Jennie - “What? What are you saying? It’s not that important.”

Jisoo - “N-no. I can… get it from here.” She leans out of the balcony more.

Jennie - “What is she doing?”

Mrs. Kim - “Eh?! Jisoo! Don’t lean like that!”

Seulgi - “O Goddess! What are you doing?”

Soojoo - “KJ! That’s dangerous, move back.”

Jisoo - “A-almost there…” she ignores the warning and stretches out even more.

Irene - “Jisoo! Don’t!”

Jennie - “Jisoo! Move back you idiot!” she yells.

Jisoo - “I almost… YIIIIIIIKEEES!!!”

 

And ‘clumsy the great’ Jisoo loses her balance and falls into the hot air balloon. And the balloon slowly floats upwards with her on it.

 

Mrs. Kim - “Ohh!”

Soojoo - “KJ!”

Irene - “Jisoo!”

Mr. Kim - “Oh my!”

Everyone yells.

Irene - “Jennie! We have to…!” she looks around but finds that Jennie has disappeared suddenly. “Jennie?”

 

Jennie runs to the first floor balcony. Thankfully, the balloon is still within her grasp. She climbs up on the balcony railing.

Irene - “Jennie!”

Soojoo - “What are you doing?!”

Mr. Kim - “That girl, still a monkey!”

Jennie - “Dad! Stop calling me that!” she yells.

Then she jumps. Her target – the balloon. And thanks to her height, she catches the platform.

 

Jisoo - “J-Jennie-ssi! Jisoo holds her hand.”

Jennie - “P-pull me up, Chichu!!”

Jisoo - “W-why are you coming here!?”

Jennie - “Pull me up idiot!”

With Jisoo’s help, Jennie climbs up into the platform.

 

Jennie - “What do you think you are doing?!” she yells angrily.

Jisoo - “W-what?”

Jennie - “Why did you do that?? Huh?!”

Jisoo - “Y-your bag…”

Jennie - “ my bag! How can you risk yourself for the ing bag?!”

Jisoo - “I-I thought…”

Jennie - “You thought wrong! What will happen if you get hurt?! What will happen to me??!”

Jisoo - “W-what?”

Jennie - “I said what will happen to me!?”

Jisoo - “B-but you… am I t-that important to you?”

Jennie - “YOU... are the MOST important thing to me!”

Jisoo - “I-I am?”

Jennie - “Yes, you are! Now answer me! How could you risk yourself for a ing bag?!’

Jisoo - “B-because… I-I love… you… so…” she says shyly. “…I care about your things as well, in this case the bag…”

Jennie - “What!? That’s your brilliant explanation?!”

Jisoo - “Y-yes!” she raises her voice slightly. “N-now tell me why did YOU come here?! What if you… g-get hurt?”

Jennie - “Okay smarty pants. I’ll tell you in your own style! I love about you so I…” she realizes what she is saying. “So …I care about… you…”

 

Jennie’s cheek reddens up.

Jisoo - “I-is it true, Jennie-ssi?” she says softly, embarrassed herself.

Jennie - “I…” she searches for a way out... but fails. She finally gives up.

“…yes.”

 

Jennie - “I love you too, okay?! I finally spilled the truth! Are you happy now?!”

Jisoo - “I… yes.” She smiles brightly. Jennie blushes seeing her smile.

Jennie - “You are… so… beautiful.” She mumbles.

Jisoo - “S-so w-why did you say those things the previous time?”

Jennie - “I… was… confused. With… myself. I didn’t know whether I truly love you or not.”

Jisoo - “A-and what now?”

Jennie - “I… know now.” She says with a pleading eye. “I can’t see you with someone else! That guy, hugging you… I was burning up inside when I saw that! Now I know how you probably felt when you saw Do Yoon and me. I can’t stay away from you! I can’t stay still when you go out of my sight. Even though we met after so many years… it feels like as if we were always together all this time.”

Jisoo - “R-really?” she smiles. “T-that was my brother.”

Jennie - “W-what?! Brother?!”

Jisoo - “Y-yes. BUT I am… so happy to know that. Y-you know something?” she scratches her head. “I-I had a crush on you when w-we were in the kindergarten.”

Jennie - “I didn’t only have a crush on you. I had fallen for you from the very beginning.”

 

She lowers her head.

Jennie - “That’s it. The truth… HEY!” Suddenly she feels warmth surrounding her body. It’s Jisoo. She hugs Jennie tightly. “W-what are you… doing?” she says blushing like mad with the sudden body contact.

Jisoo - “I-I… am so happy to know that you feel the same way about me as I do about you…”

Jennie - “I-I…” she cannot help but smile at the brightened up face of Jisoo. “…yes.”

Jisoo tiptoes on her feet and brings near Jennie’s.

And she kisses her… deeply, passionately. Jennie closes her eyes as Jisoo and her tongue taste each other and conveys what their heart feels without saying a single word.

 

The feeling of bliss… the million stars sparkle, the moon smiles… witnessing the two come together once again.

Down on the ground, Irene, Seulgi and Soojoo were smiling among themselves. They high-five each other.

Soojoo - “Good thing we didn’t tell KJ, or else she would have done something weird.”

Jinyoung - “But whatever, the Plan is…”

Seulgi - “…a Total…”

Soojoo - “…Success.”

 

Back in the balloon, Jisoo breaks the kiss. “T-this time… forever.”

Savoring the taste of Jisoo’s lips, Jennie opens her eyes. “Yes… forever.”

Jennie - “But we are still on the god damn balloon! Ah, whatever! If this goes to space, I will go there with you!”

Jisoo - “Uh… J-Jennie-ssi. Hot air balloons c-can’t go to space.”

Jennie - “Eh? Really? That’s good news, but still, who knows where it will take us. But good for you, I am here with you. I know a lot of languages! We will surely be able to get back home from wherever this thing may take us.”

Jisoo - “U-uh… J-Jennie ssi, there is some other things you should know.”

Jennie - “W-what is that? HEY!” She looks around. “How are we… still hovering near the 1st floor?! Shouldn’t we be like near the tratosphere…”

Jisoo - “T-troposphere…”

Jennie - “Yeah, right. Troposphere by now?”

Jisoo - “T-that’s because this balloon runs on… a remote control. I decreased the flame s-so… it hasn’t gained altitude anymore.”

 

Jennie - “EH????!!!!”

 

Jisoo - “Y-yes. I-I have the controller. That’s how the fireworks were going to be set off.”

Jennie - “B-but! T-then… there was no chance of danger!?”

Jisoo - “N-no, there was, but very little. Like falling from the balcony a-and hurting yourself…”

Jennie - “I-I…AISH!” She becomes embarrassed. “S-so y-you didn’t need my help after all.” She sighs.

Jisoo - “M-maybe… but! I-I am very happy y-you did. Y-you might not have if you wanted to…”

Jennie - “For someone who risks herself for my stupid bag? Look who’s talking.”

Jisoo - “T-thank you. A-also… I… know what you feel due to it.”

Jennie - “M-me too. The moment I saw you fall into the balloon…” she smiles. “I was assured beyond anything about what I feel.”

Jisoo nods shyly. “L-let’s get down.”

 

Jisoo makes the balloon touch the ground. The curious guests gather around. To Jennie’s surprise most of them are grinning or chuckling.

 

Mrs. Kim is the first to talk.

Mrs. Kim - “Okay, you two. I agree that it is an exciting place for love confessions, but think about us. We were worried!”

Jennie - “E-eh?! H-how did…”

Irene - “You were about one-story height and you were yelling those cheesy dialogues. You really think no one would here you?!”

Jennie - “I-I… s-so everyone knows?”

Irene - “Exactly.”

Mrs. Kim - “But, if that was the case, you should have told us from the very beginning. We wouldn’t have stopped you. Well, maybe before…”

Jennie - “M-mom?”

Mrs. Kim - “But not now, assured.” She smiles shows an okay sign to her.

Seulgi - “Just witnessed a goddess proposing! W-O-W. Bless thou eyes!”

Irene - “So…when is the good event happening?”

Mrs. Kim - “The sooner the better.”

Soojoo - “No problem from our side.”

Mr. Kim - “There is no need to even ask us.” He winks. “Jisoo?”

Jennie and Jisoo were standing beside each other shyly.

Jisoo - “Y-yes?”

Mr. Kim - “I am sure you have no problem as well…”

Jisoo - “N-no. I-if Jennie-ssi doesn’t.”

Jennie - “I don’t have any problem!” she yells frantically, making everyone laugh.

Mrs. Kim - “Ah… can’t wait eh?”

Jennie - “I-I…” Jennie blushes but suddenly remembers something. “B-but Jisoo’s assignment?!”

 

Jisoo - “Assig…Oh!”

Irene - “Hey, right. She has to go to Berlin, doesn’t she?!”

Mrs. Kim - “Really?”

Seulgi - “Yeah. The President himself called, saying that it is really important and all.”

Mr. Kim - “Ah… then… how long will that take?”

Jisoo - “M-maybe a year or two…”

Mr. Kim - “Two! Oh, man. Then I guess you will have to wait, Jen.”

Disappointment is clearly seen on both Jennie’s face.

 

Jinyoung - “Nope.” Jinyoung suddenly says.

Jennie - “What?”

Irene - “What do you mean nope?”

Jinyoung - “I want you to meet someone.”

 

A person comes out from the garage.

 

Jennie - “M-mr. President!?”

Mr. Kim - “T-the P-president?!”

Jisoo - “S-sir… w-what are you doing here?!”

President - “Why, can’t I be here?!” he fakes in an angry tone.

Jisoo - “N-no… I…”

President - “Just kidding. You are so easy to fool.” He laughs heartily. “Anyway, it’s not about me. I think you need to tell me about THIS, Jisoo.”

Jisoo - “T-that’s…” she fidgets around with her fingers.

President - “So THIS was the reason of your apparent unwillingness when I told you about Berlin that day. You should have told me.” He acts serious.

Jisoo - “I…”

President - “But then again, I know how shy you are… so I forgive you.” He grins. “And honestly, I am surprised that YOU proposed her in this way. I am impressed!”

President - “But obviously…” he pats Jisoo’s head. “I am REALLY happy. You, Jinyoung and Soojoo are like my children. With you being my favourite one… unlike those other two monkeys.”

Soojoo - “Ehhh? Monkey??”

President - “Anyway, so I am really happy that you have finally chosen your ideal one.” He looks at Jennie and smiles.“Jennie, isn’t it?”

Jennie - “Y-yes Sir.”

President - “Daughter of Kim. Good, good. You are a good girl, you’ll be a perfect match for Jisoo, I can tell that just by looking.”
Jennie - “T-thank you sir.” She blushes.

President - “Hmm.” He pauses. “I don’t have a present for you to celebrate this occasion as this was so sudden. Soojoo just told me that I will see something incredible today.” Soojoo coughs to shrug it off. “Anyway, at the moment I can do one thing for you two love birds.”

Jennie - “E-eh? What?”

President - “Hmm. As I feel… newlywed couples…”

Jisoo - “W-we are not wed…”

President - “…yet. Anyway, as I was saying, newly formed couples’ happiness lie within each other. So… about that Berlin thing…” he looks at Jisoo. “Tell me truthfully. Do you want to go or do you want to… stay here… with YOUR Jennie? Hm?”

Jisoo - “I…I…” she pauses for a moment.

Jennie - “W-what’s there to think about?!”

Jisoo - “Y-yeah, right! There is nothing to think about! M-Mr. President sir!”

President - “Yes?”

Jisoo - “I-I want to sleep with her!”

Jennie - “EH?! S-sleep?!”

Soojoo - “KJ! That’s so bold! You never say anything like that to me!”

President - “W-what?!”

Mrs. Kim - “S-so fast?!”

Jisoo - “I-I mean I want to STAY with her.”

President - “Oh…” he coughs awkwardly. “I thought so too. So my present for you two is…”

 

President - “You don’t have to go to that ‘SO IMPORTANT’ convention in Berlin.”

Jisoo - “Wha…?”

President - “Yes. You can stay here and sleep… or cuddle or do whatever with Jennie.”

Jennie - “S-she can stay?”

Jisoo - “R-really?! You mean it?!”

President - “Yup.”

Soojoo - “Really?!”

President - “Not you two baboons. You two are still going!”

Soojoo - “E-eh?! Why?!”

President - “Why?? Obviously! If she’s not going, you are the next two in order. Of course you’ll have to go. Besides, it’s not like you two are newly formed couple as well!”

Soojoo - “I… I…”

Jinyoung - “I am!”
President - “With whom!? Your pet cat? I know what you do, Jinyoung. Don’t try to fool me!”

Jinyoung & Soojoo - “B-but!”

President - “NO BUTS. Anyway, I should go now. I have a meeting to attend. Jisoo, Jennie, have a great time you two. Love each other a lot and never leave each other. You have my well wishes and regards.”

Jennie & Jisoo - “Y-yes Sir. Thank you very much.” They bow together while blushing.

 

President - “Good. Jinyoung? Soojoo?… I better see you two lazy-bum in airport the day after tomorrow! Bye, everyone.” All the guests bow to him.

 

The President leaves.

Jennie nudges Jisoo.

Jennie - “So…”

Jisoo - “Hm?”

Jennie - “We have a lot to talk.”

Jisoo - “A-about what?”

Jennie - “YOU HAVE TO TALK TO ME! I-I AM YOUR OFFICIAL GIRLFRIEN NOW!! Y-YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ASK ANYTHING!”

Jisoo - “O-okay! I-I am yours.”

She kisses Jisoo on the nose.

Jennie - “Kekeke. Good.”