The Truth?

Revenge

NOTE: Byul-yi’s thoughts happened before she heard there were arguments outside of the house.

 

Byul-yi’s thoughts:

 

That should give them some time together, maybe I’ll stay inside for a little while to let Seulgi and Irene have some alone time. Oh, Seulgi, what will you do without your unnie, you better repay me later, this favor of yours is getting out of hand. I guess in the meantime, I’ll clean the dishes for eomma and make them drinks. 

“Eomma, go and rest, I got the dishes.”

“But you have to meet up with Seulgi and Dr. Bae.”

“No need to worry eomma, I’ll come out later after I make them something to drinks. Besides, I think our Seulgi wants to tell Dr. Bae something.”

“Huh? You mean our Seulgi has a—“

“Yup. Let give them some alone times. Besides, I want you to rest, and let me make them something. Go rest up eomma, I can handle this.”

 

Quick jump to Eomma’s thoughts: 

 

“You’re such a great daughter, Byul-yi.” 

I walked upstairs as I began to look at Byul-yi from afar and thought to myself. If only you were my actual daughter…Byul-yi, you treat me so kind and loving, I’m sorry that I kept this secret from you. I really can't tell you the truth… you treated us like family even though you don’t have a clue that you aren’t my actual daughter… Whoever raised you are probably worried sick. Byul-yi, I can only say sorry to you, sorry for lying to you, sorry for not telling you the truth. I really hope one day you know everything…but even if you do, I really hope that you won’t forget the times that you had with us, in this household. 

Back to Byul-yi’s thoughts:

 

I thought someone was talking to me, so I turned around and saw eomma walking upstairs to rest. At that moment, I saw that she was crying? I got confused and wanted to run upstairs to ask her, but the kettle prevented me from doing so. I began to set the cups out on the table and prepare the fresh batch of tea when suddenly I heard arguments from outside. I thought that maybe that Seulgi was being impatient, so I walked outside with the tray in my hand. That moment, I saw a woman arguing with Seulgi, and I saw that Seulgi was really mad. I wasn’t able to hear all of there conversations, so I walked closer and that’s when I heard…everything… In disbelief, I dropped the tray that was in my hand and looked at both of them. The woman who was arguing with Seulgi turned around and saw me. Her face suddenly lightens up, and tried to hug me, I stepped back because of what she had said. I was confused and burdened that I did not know how to react. I began to walk closer to Seulgi, while the other woman began to follow me.

“Kang…Byul-yi…”

“Unnie, I c-can—”

“Kang Seulgi, tell me…who am I then if my name isn’t Kang Byul-yi…who am I then.”

“Unnie, what are you talking about? You’re my unnie, Kang—”

“DON’T SEULGI…You know exactly, what I’m trying to say. All this time you knew, didn’t you…Now tell me, who am I?”

 A sudden voice began to interfere. At that moment, I heard the name that has been a blur to me in every single dream that I had. 

“Moon Byul-yi…” I turned around and my head began to hurt a little.”

“Hey, didn’t I tell you to not—”

“Your named is Moon Byul-yi!” She raised her voice, and continue to talk to me while holding my arms.

 “And I’m your friend…and secretary, Jung Wheein.” That name…why does everything she said… sounds so familiar…I began to feel my head getting heavier every second. She continues to tell hold my arms and telling me all about the information, while my hands are on my head. 

“I had been trying to find you…for a year now. Ever since that day, they all said that you drove off a cliff and fell down. They said you were dead, and both your parents are in the hospital because Eric had taken your father’s CEO position and now he's trying to sell your company. Moonbyul, you have to come back. Please Moonbyul, even if it’s not for me…you have to come back…*Started to tear up* You have to come back to fix everything and find Yongsun. She had gone missing ever since she heard that you drove off a cliff…Moonbyul please, I’m begging you! PLEASE MOON—”

I suddenly couldn’t hold the pain that was in my head anymore. I let out a cry, and Seulgi and Irene began to run towards me and Wheein. Jung Wheein…CEO…my father…my mother… my company about to be sold…and that other name…Yongsun….ARGGG! What are all these images that I am seeing right now! WHY?! The more I try to remember the more my head hurts. I felt my legs began to weaken, later did I knew, I was on the ground and everything was black. I could still hear them calling my name…the name that I heard….Moon Byul-yi…was it true, is this really true…or another nightmare.

 

---- ---- ---- ----

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! WOAH TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY?! WELL, THIS IS THE FIRST FOR ME. BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER, ALHTOUGH I LIKE WRITING SHORT CHAPTERS. I JUST THOUGHT EVERYTHING FIT IN THIS CHAPTER. ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW YEAR AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR STILL READING MY STORIES! I PROMISE TO UPDATE SOON UNITL SCHOOL STARTS AGAIN.