Now? Why Now

Revenge

Seulgi’s thoughts:

 

There she was…standing…right in front of me. The pale skin that she had, her long black wavy hair. That charming eye smiles that she presented while the sun was shining on her…Gosh, she is such a goddess…I could look at her all day and I'll never get tired. I can’t believe that she is standing in front of me…Is this a dream? Is she really here right now? Acting like a fool I was, I had forgotten all about my surroundings…But who cares when I can star at the loving Doctor Bae, who was so young and talented. *Sigh* If only…I—-

“YAH SEULGI, WHO IS IT?” Yelled Byul while she got up and open the door wider to see who was at the door.

“Oh! Dr. Bae, what brings you here?”

“Good afternoon, I was just strolling by to give you the results that were dropped off at my office, plus I had to—”

“You didn’t have to, I could’ve gone with this dazed kid right here to grab it. No need to trouble a busy doctor like you.” Byul said it while snapping my arm to stop starring at Dr. Bae. I immediately snapped out of my daydream and quickly scanned the room to see if…she was in our house or not. I’ve noticed that Byul was welcoming her while she answered Byul question. I closed the door and sat down at my original seat.
“It’s not troublesome at all, plus I needed to talk to you and—”

And…And who? Does she mean me? Why does she need to tell Byul? Are they?…No it can’t be…I—

“Earth to Seulgi…HELLO” Byul quickly stepped on my foot after she saw my stupid expression. She clearly knows that I was thinking, so she interrupts Dr. Bae's speech and started to stand up and clean her plate. 

“Dr. Bae—”

“Please, called me Irene. I’m not in my office now, so no need to be formal.” Irene smile and Byul nodded. Of course, I continued staring at her while she was talking and smiling. 

“Alright, how about you and Seulgi go for a walk and I'll catch up later.”

We agreed to Byul’s suggestion and began to walk on the green grassy hill that was behind our house. To be honest, I thought this was a date…the thought of us walking as couple kept repeating in my head. Gosh, she looks so beautiful and cute today…I just wish that—

“Seulgi…” She said my name with a worried tone. I quickly snapped out of my imagination and answered her.

“Yes, Dr.—I mean Irene.” She sighed deeply and started to tell me about Byul’s conditions.

“Looking at the results, I’ve noticed that Byul’s CT scans show that she had a server blood clot. If it’s not treated then she might not be able to feel half of her body…” I was shocked after hearing about the results. I noticed that Byul was still helping eomma so she wasn’t able to hear about the results. Maybe…If maybe I tell her about that day when the blood clot might…No Seulgi that’s not how it works. Without hesitation, I asked Irene for help.  

“Is there any way that she can get better?”

“There is surgery, but it’s risky because she had fallen and lost her memories. There is also medicine she can take, but I know that the costs of it would not be—”

“I can help pay it if you let me bring her back to where she belongs.” Suddenly, I heard a voice that was coming from behind us. I was nervous to turn around because if it was Byul…I don’t know how to explain it…I just don’t want to lose her. I looked at Irene, and she didn’t say anything, so I know it wasn’t Byul that said those words. I turned around and I saw her…again. The one girl that kept saying that she knew Byul and saying that Byul needs to go with her before it was too late. I decided to ask her…

“What do you want now?” 

“Like before, nothing much, Byul needs to come with me before it is too late.”

“And why do I need to listen to you?”

“This is for Byul, I spend a year trying to find her. All I want is to help her now. After what happened, I was determined to bring her back home.”

“THIS IS HER HOME!” 

“SHE NEEDS TO GO BACK TO HER REAL HOME AND SHE NEEDS TO GO NOW!”

“She doesn’t need to go with you! She’s happy here, she’s living her new life here. She doesn't need you to interfere with her life!”

“YOU THINK IT’S FAIR TO KEEP ALL OF THIS FROM HER!? YOU THINK IT’S FAIR TO LET HER FORGET ABOUT THE PAST!? YOU THINK IT’S FAIR TO LET HER KEEP THE NAME KANG BYUL-YI AND CALL A STRANGER, EOMMA, AND CALL YOU, HER DONGSAENG!? SHE DESERVES TO KNOW HER REAL NAME, SHE DESERVES TO KNOW THAT ONE OF HER PARENTS ARE HOSPITALIZE AND THE OTHER ONE IS ON THE VERGE OF DYING!? KANG SEULGI, I’M BRING HER HOME! AND SHE NEEDS TO KNOW EVERYTHING.”

A tray suddenly drops to the ground. While I was still angry and furious at that woman and Irene was holding me back from not fighting her, I looked up when I heard the sound…it was her…Byul heard everything that we were arguing about. Of all the times…why now. Why must you come out of the house and witness all of this...Why can’t you live a happy life with no more drama... Byul-yi…why now…  

 

---- ---- ---- ----

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVE! Yes, I will be updating for the past few days now. Thank you for reading this story and also if you guys have a clue on who Seulgi was arguing, comment down below. Also, I decided to put in some song references in this story because why not. Also, if you are reading this chapter now, I will be updating a new chapter really soon, because ideas are roaming in my head at the moment. Anyway, thank you again, and wishes everyone the best in 2019!