The Dream Team

Vision: A Neo Era

Mark panted, running a hand through his messy hair as he pulled down his hood and leaned against the brick wall. His eyes closed, hand going up to his chest as he tried his best to calm down. He then took in a deep breath, finally feeling his heartbeat go back down to its normal pace. But it wasn’t long before his senses activated once more and his hearing focused on distant, muffled voices that approached his corner. Eyes snapping open, he did a spin followed by a jump that landed him sticking to the brick wall. Hearing the voices closer, he quickly crawled up until he was on the roof of the building, peering down as the guys that had been following him previously came into view.

“Mark, can you hear me?” Ji Sung’s voice came through the earpiece he wore. At risk of getting caught, he didn’t answer the younger boy as he kept his eyes trained on the guys below.

“I think he jumped over the fence,” One of the guys said as he pointed off to the distance and they all headed in that direction.

“Mark, are you there?” Ji Sung’s voice came in once again. This time Mark’s hand went up to his earpiece, adjusting the level as he nodded his head and responded, “Yeah, sorry. I was being followed.”

“Are you safe now?” The younger boy asked with minor concern.

“Yeah,” Mark nodded, as if Ji Sung could actually see him, approaching the ledge of the roof where he could see the guys getting into a van before riding off. “They’re gone now.”

“Good,” Ji Sung said, and Mark was able to hear a series of fast typing followed by the boy’s words. “I think that’s all we can do for today. You should head back now.”

“Alright. I’ll be there in a bit,” Mark said before he took off his earpiece and stuffed it into his pocket.

Closing his eyes, the nineteen year-old-boy let out a sigh once again, beginning to stretch all parts of his body. After a series of pops around his neck, shoulders, and back, he turned around and headed to the other side of the roof before turning once again to face the opposite end. “You got this,” He whispered to himself in reassurance.

It wasn’t like Mark was one to doubt himself easily. He was quite a brave boy, or at least he was told so often by those around him, but this was different. This wasn’t just performing some self-composed song at the talent show in middle school. This was using his superpowers he got from a radioactive spider to swing himself from building to building. He had only done it once before and it was quite terrifying, might he say. Launching yourself from a tall building, putting your life in the hands of-well- your hands, was not such a comforting thought.

But Mark ran. He ran to the other side of the roof, building momentum for when he would launch himself off and feel himself fall at a rapid speed, the wind slapping his face and running through his hair until he reached his hand up and a sticky web of some sort launched out to save himself before he crashed. But, before he could find the strength in him to jump off, he came to a sudden halt just as he reached the ledge.

“Nope,” Mark said with only one glance down before he turned around, and headed for the stairs. “I’m calling an uber.”

 


 

“What took you so long?” Ji Sung asked, pulling his eyes away from the screen to look at Mark who walked in, without actually stopping his typing.

“Guys, I just spent a third of our superhero budget on an uber," Mark sighed as he walked into the dimly lit room.

"Mark, you have super stick webs," Ji Sung deadpanned.

From the opposite end of the room, Mark could hear a snort followed by a series of giggles. With a roll of his eyes, he took a seat, preparing himself for the teasing that was to come.

“I thought you could swing from building to building,” Jae Min snorted from his seat besides Jeno.

“Yeah, aren’t you some sort of spider-man?” Jeno asked, an amused grin on his face.

Mark glanced over at the pink-haired boy before looking over at his best friend and sidekick. Those two were definitely a duo. Wherever it was, whatever it came to, Jae Min and Jeno were definitely inseparable. Unfortunately for Mark, that meant double the teasing. But there was definitely a missing presence in the room; A high-pitched voice that should have automatically to no end as if in constant autopilot.

“Where’s Hae Cha-?” Mark began to ask, but before he could finish, his senses tingled and in a flash, the boy appeared in the room.

“Looking for me?” Hae Chan asked, sending Mark a wink.

“How do you keep knowing when I'm talking about you?” Mark asked, nose scrunched up as he stared blankly at the boy. “Jeno is the one with telepathy.”

“He took one of Ji Sung’s earpieces,” Jeno answered before Hae Chan could even open his mouth. The boy pouted, sending the other a look before he turned to Mark with a grin.

“I heard you took an uber,” Hae Chan said, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. “You still scared to use your webs?”

“I’m not scared!” Mark protested, throwing his arms up in the air as if that would actually convince the boys. But it didn’t and they exchanged glances before giving him one of those looks, so he admitted to his fears. “Okay, these powers aren’t the easiest to control, okay? I don’t want to end up splattered on the concrete just because my webs didn’t shoot out of my hands.”

Jeno made a face, imagining the scene in his head before shaking his head. “How hard can they be to control?” He asked, trying to shake the image out of his head.

“Well my powers require special skills,” Mark mumbled, unsure if he believed what he was saying. “They’re different from yours.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Hae Chan asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly as if they boy had just offended him. Though he was most likely ready to pick a fight because Hae Chan did not get offended. But he sure did like to pick fights.

“I’m just saying some of your powers require different skills,” Mark said, mentally preparing himself for what was coming.

“He’s calling our powers weak and saying we have lesser skills than him,” Hae Chan snorted. And there it was. His daily nitpicking and twisting of words that came out of Mark’s mouth.

Mark didn’t understand why Hae Chan was like that. From the first day he had been recruited, it was like the boy had made it his lifetime goal to make his life miserable. With constant nitpicking and useless arguments, Hae Chan sure did know how to make him look like the bad guy. It was so crazy, Mark even considered leaving the team because of him. And he started the team.

“Hey!” Jae Min shouted as he realized what they were saying and crossed his arms ready to defend himself. “Empathy is not a weak power! I can manipulate your feelings and emotions and tell how you’re doing.”

“Oh yeah that’s so useful out in the battlefield,” Mark said half-jokingly, half-sarcastic.

What came next was a half-serious argument between everyone except Ji Sung who chose to focus on his computer while Jeno shouted that telepathy came in quite useful in the battlefield and Hae Chan said his mind-reading powers were nothing compared to his teleportation and enhanced vision. That was then followed by Jae Min defending his best friend, saying he could learn all of Hae Chan’s dirtiest secrets and use them against him. Then Hae Chan freaked out when he began hearing Jeno’s voice in his head and told him to get out before he turned him to dirt. And the fighting continued like that until Ji Sung decided to step in.

“Hey guys!” Ji Sung shouted to get everyone’s attention. Everyone stopped what they were doing, including Hae Chan who put his hand down, stopping himself from turning Jeno to dirt. The youngest boy sighed, wondering why he seemed to be the most mature in the group. “It doesn’t matter whose power seems superior. I have prepared a plan for tomorrow that will require all of our skills.”

“Did you finally hack into the buildings inner storage files?” Hae Chan asked, looking up at one of the many screens.

“I found the room where all of their files have been stored,” Ji Sung said as he projected a blueprint with all of his notes on the main screen. “Hacking into the actual online storage will take too long at this point with all the security. Sneaking in would be easier so, these are my plans for tomorrow.”

Everyone stayed silent for a moment as they scanned the blueprint and all the sidenotes. Mark was the first one to speak when he clasped his hands together and said, “Alright team, everyone go home and have a good night's rest. We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow. Also, someone tell Chenle he actually has to show up to meetings to be a member.”

 


 

‘Is this Do Young?’ Jae Hyun’s eyes scanned the text before he clicked the send button. It wasn’t like he had never talked to the guy before. They both were in the honors program which resulted in a lot of encounters and same classes, but he had never actually worked with the guy before. He had friends who had had class projects with him before and they all complained about the same thing: He was too stuck up. A “control freak” they called him. Honestly, Jae Hyun was the slightest bit intimidated.

But before Jae Hyun could dwell on the thought any longer, his phone’s screen lit up, a reply from Do Young that said ‘Why would I give you a fake number?’

Jae Hyun felt stupid all of the sudden and it didn’t help the intimidation he felt for the guy. ‘Yeah, that makes sense. This is Jae Hyun, btw’

‘Who else would it be?’ A reply came almost instantly and, once again, Jae Hyun felt stupid. Of course he would know it was him, he gave him his number after all.

‘Sorry. Force of habit. Anyways, my schedule is a bit of a mess but I can spare time for our meetings whenever you’re free.’ Jae Hyun stared at his phone, watching the three dots indicating Do Young was typing. He prayed Do Young was able to figure out a reasonable schedule that could work with his superhero life. Though, considering he never knew when Doctor Death would attack, it was hard to tell when he would be free and when he wouldn’t.

‘I don’t have an exact schedule but I’m usually free on any day except Mondays and Fridays. I’ll text you whenever I’m free and at the library. Bye.’ Jae Hyun’s eyebrows furrowed at the message. The guy expected him to work his schedule around him? Whenever he was free? He was certain Do Young would have a more precise schedule for them considering the things his friends had told him. But he decided not to worry about it. With some luck, maybe there wouldn’t be any attacks when he worked with Do Young.

Jae Hyun went to sleep after his conversation with Do Young. He couldn’t keep staying up so late if he needed to work his schedule around his.

 

The next day went by as usual, and Jae Hyun found himself with less worry about Doctor Death. But with his mind clearing from the evil villain, he had more room to worry about his assignment with Do Young. Especially after he messaged him midday telling him to meet him in the library after their class together.

So when Jae Hyun walked into the library after class, he froze when he saw Do Young sitting at the farthest back table with a stack of textbooks next to him and a laptop at side.

“He wants to kill me already,” Jae Hyun mumbled to himself before he walked over and sat across from Do Young.

The raven-haired boy didn’t look up from the textbook he was scanning, feeling Jae Hyun’s presence. “You’re late. I said meet me here after class. The same class we have together.”

Jae Hyun closed his eyes, knowing he should have expected Do Young to be a punctual person. But even so, he had only stopped by the restroom for three minutes and it hadn’t even been five minutes since their class ended. Yet he still couldn’t find it in him to defend himself and mumbled a quick apology before asking what he should work on.

“You can start researching the topic and then begin the intro. I have the rest covered,” Do Young said, still not bothering to spare Jae Hyun a glance.

Jae Hyun didn’t know what to say. He wasn’t even one-hundred percent sure what their topic was and their angle they were taking with it. Do Young hadn’t told him anything about it and it wasn’t like he had been paying attention in class when it was assigned. As if the older boy could sense his inner conflicts, he stopped typing with one hand, reaching for a sheet of paper on his side, and handing it to Jae Hyun, all while not looking away or stopping his typing once.

“All of my plans for this project are on there. The topic, the angle, and how we’re dividing up the work.” Jae Hyun scanned the paper, a frown crossing his face as he realized Do Young was taking all the work up except for the intro.

“But you’re doing everything,” Jae Hyun said as he put the sheet down and looked up at the boy.

“I know. It’s easier that way,” Do Young said unamused. “I don’t trust others with my grades.”

“We’re both honors students though,” Jae Hyun mumbled. That seemed to do it for Do Young though, because he finally stopped whatever he was doing and looked up at the younger brown-haired boy.

“So? No one ever questions me doing all the work. Shouldn’t you be happy?” Do Young asked, and Jae Hyun swore he didn’t understand the other’s thought process. How was someone so- well- he couldn’t even come up with a proper word to describe Do Young. Never in his life had he encountered someone who was so stuck-up and rude and-

Jae Hyun looked down at his phone, hearing the sudden ringing. But very much to his surprise, it wasn’t his. It was Do Young’s, and he was currently reaching for his phone at max speed with an angry look on his face as soon as he saw who it was. He groaned, answering the phone reluctantly with an exasperated tone. “What do you want?” He hissed.

Jae Hyun couldn’t hear who the other person was or what they were saying, but from the loud yelling and crashing he was able to hear from the background, he assumed it was urgent. Do Young’s face morphed into a frown and for a slight moment, Jae Hyun was sure he saw a glint of panic in his eyes.

“Okay, I’ll be there soon,” Do Young said, an unreadable tone and expression. He then proceeded to hang up before turning to face Jae Hyun with a different unreadable expression. “I have to go,” He said as he looked away from him once again and began packing up his things. “I’ll text you our next meeting time soon.” And before Jae Hyun could question who called him or what was so urgent or why someone like him didn’t have his phone on silent while being in the library, Do Young was gone.

 


 

Mark looked over Ji Sung’s shoulder, scanning everything on the screen as the boy typed at a furiously rapid speed. It was funny though, even with his super senses and cool superpowers, Mark could still not understand more than five percent of what appeared on the computer. Ji Sung truly had a talent when it came to technology- more so, the area of hacking. And with the younger boys heightened powers, he was even better at this than before, which Mark didn’t even think possible.

“Keep looking, you still won’t understand anything,” Ji Sung said as he continued to type in a bunch of codes that were way past the older boy’s braincell capability.

“You’re right,” Mark mumbled as he leaned away and began to look around the room. “I still don’t understand how you’ve always been so great with technology."

“It’s just in my blood,” Ji Sung answered, half-interested in the conversation.

Mark did always wonder what Ji Sung meant by that. The two had met not too long ago when he was a senior and the other was a freshman in high school. They had both ended up in the same advanced computer class and, while Mark struggled to even log into his computer, Ji Sung was typing away furiously, getting weeks ahead of the assignments and even hacking into the teachers computer to change the weekly video screenings they were meant to watch.

Once Mark had asked Ji Sung how he was able to comprehend so much and the younger only shrugged, saying, “I have a big head.” Mark didn’t know if he was serious. Yes, the younger boy often mentioned he had a big head and all helmets he tried on at the bike shop were too big for him (though Jae Min claimed that was only his excuse for not learning to ride a bike), but Mark wasn’t sure if that was really the reason why he was able to be so good with computers. He was sure there was more to it, but the only other response he would give was that it was in his blood.

Though, Mark never pried for a better explanation. It was true, Ji Sung had been the teammate he’d known the longest out of everyone, but they also weren’t super close. In reality, they had only teamed up because the younger once spotted Mark bleeding out on the sidewalk when walking home from a PC room once late at night. He had frowned at the sight, pulled out an earbud, stared down at him for a good ten seconds, and asked, “Are you dying?”

After that incident Mark had to explain why he was bleeding out in the middle of the neighborhood at two in the morning and, reluctantly, told him about his superpowers and the troubles he had gotten himself into by trying to protect defenseless people. Ji Sung had gone eyewided for a moment before going back to his normal blank look right after. He then sighed and Mark was unsure as to what he had been thinking, but the boy only looked up and nodded. “Okay, I’ll join your team,” Was all he said after. And the rest happened pretty fast.

Jae Min was Ji Sung’s very nosy neighbor from across the street while Jeno was his very unplatonic and almost equally nosy best friend who came over every day. It was only natural the two would pry at Mark and Ji Sung’s lives one lazy afternoon and hear things they really shouldn’t have. Of course they wanted to join the team and didn’t hesitate in telling the two about their own powers (of course they had to admit Jeno had telepathy and they were listening in on them when Mark asked how they knew about his senses). They were also quick in deciding to call themselves ‘Dream’ because it fit their powers and goals.

After the joining of the nosy best friends, Ji Sung asked if he could bring a friend from school since they were now recruiting. “Sure, why not? We might as well start putting up public ads,” Mark had groaned, obviously sarcastic. Ji Sung, though, hadn’t noticed and smiled wide while saying, “Thanks.” The next day Ji Sung had brought in a Chinese friend from school who claimed he had replication powers.The two had seemed so cute together, Mark didn’t have the heart to tell them he hadn’t been serious. Plus, Chenle served as a good fetching puppy.

Hae Chan, now, he was the last member to join. He was also the member Mark had been most reluctant in letting in. To him, Hae Chan was just like his powers: Too trippy for him to handle. It had only been two months since they let him into the team, meaning he knew him the least of all the members (without counting the few years of high school and middle school and elementary school they had spent ignoring each other), and he could already one-hundred percent for sure say he was regretting it.

It had been a day like any other with the team working in the small spare room that stood next to Ji Sung’s dad’s shop, when they all heard strange noises coming from the side of the building. Scared that they had been caught, Ji Sung pulled up the camera screens on the monitor and they all saw a guy in a hood spray painting the side of the building. When they all ran out to stop the hooded guy, he began to run away and they were able to chase him down into an alley. That was where it happened.

It was a crazy situation and they were all quite surprised when he turned to them, a barely visible smirk on his face, and he vanished. And then he appeared again behind them. And he disappeared once more, before appearing on the other side once again. "Demon!" Chenle had yelled as he tried throwing a rock at the guy who vanished once again before reappearing behind them. And that was when Mark's senses went off and time slowed down, and as he had appeared once more, his webs activated and wrapped around the other. They were pretty sure he would have vanished one again, taking the chance to run away if it weren’t for the fact that both he and Mark ended up staring at each other in awe, realizing they both had superpowers. That was when Hae Chan took off his hood and the others began to question him.

“You have powers?” They had asked. “We do too!”

After that they all begged Mark to let Hae Chan into Dream team and, as much as he hated to let someone so reckless in, he figured it be best to have him under his supervision.

And that was how the group of six came to be through the past year.

“Mark,” Ji Sung’s voice came ringing through his head, snapping him out of his thoughts and forcing him to look down at the blond who continued to type away. “We’re ready to go in.”

Mark nodded, leaning away and looking around the room once again to make sure everyone was there. Hae Chan was somewhere in the back of the room sleeping, Jeno and Jae Min were cuddling on the couch while watching something on the laptop and- Mark frowned. “Where’s Chenle?”

As the question slipped out of his mouth, the boy appeared in front of him, asking, “You called?” And then another him right behind him also asking, “You called?” And like that, many versions of the boy appeared, filling up the room and asking the same thing until they all in unison asked, “You called? You called? You called?

Mark sighed, running a hand through his hair. “How many times are you going to do that?”

Chenle shrugged, all of his multiple replicas flashing back to him as he continued to smile brightly, waiting for Mark’s instructions.

“I need everyone to gather around,” Mark said as he turned to everyone in the room. “It’s time to go into operation.”

 

 


 

 

“This is so boring,” Hae Chan groaned as he leaned against the seats in the van. “Why do I have to stay in the van?”

Ji Sung, who was setting up the equipment besides him, adjusting the different monitors and making sure they were all good to go, shrugged. “Because you're too reckless with your powers,” He mumbled, “and we need someone in here.”

“I can’t believe even you get to go out to the field,” Hae Chan pouted as he crossed his arms together. “You’re the hacker, isn’t it you job to stay inside the shady white van?”

“Normally, yes,” Ji Sung said, still focused on his electronics. “But this connections is too unstable. I need to go inside to see if I can hack the files.”

“And if you can’t?” Hae Chan asked, raising an eyebrow.

“We have Mark.”

Hae Chan opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, Mark’s voice came through the earpiece everyone was wearing. “Is everyone in place?”

“Yes,” Hae Chan groaned.

“Right here,” Jae Min said, checking in from his bench where he sat at the park. Immediately one of the monitors brightened up, showing Jae Min’s point of view from the camera he had in the glasses he wore.

“Are you reading the newspaper?” Hae Chan asked in amusement.

“It’s for my cover. Did you know the city is having a-”

“I’m in place,” Chenle’s voice came through, cutting Jae Min off before he could tell them all about the interesting things he was finding in the newspaper. Another monitor brightened up, showing Chenle’s point of view from the convenience store across the street and-

“Seriously, Chenle? Ramen?” Ji Sung asked and the other boy yelled defensively.

“I’m also in position,” Jeno came through, as his screen came on.

“Jeno, where are you?” Hae Chan asked, not able to see anything on his screen. Ji Sung, also taking notice, began to type a series of codes into the computer in attempts to fix it.

“Oops, sorry,” Jeno said, and suddenly his screen became bright as, wherever his glasses were stuffed, opened up, and he pulled them out and put them on, giving a clear view of the building. “I left them in my briefcase,” He explained and everyone groaned simultaneously.

“Okay, and I’m in,” Mark’s voice came in, followed my some muffled grunting. Seconds later his view came into screen and they could see him climbing up on to the roof. “Let’s get it!”

 


 

“I’m here for the internship interview,” Jeno said as pulled out his ID from his briefcase and handed it to the secretary at the front desk. The girl scanned it and nodded before handing it back to him and typing some things into the computer.

“You can go up the elevator to the tenth floor and it’ll be the room at the very end of the hall,” The secretary said before she handed him his nametag that would allow him to pass security and go through the building.

“Thank you,” He said, taking his ID and putting it on before heading off to the elevator. As he climbed into the elevator, he put his earpiece back on and informed the others. “I made it in.”

Meanwhile, inside the van, Ji Sung took the cue and packed up his laptop and some other equipment into a briefcase. “Okay, I’m going in now,” Ji Sung said before he turned to Haechan. “Are you going to be okay in here?”

Hae Chan shrugged, looking bored as he stared down at his nails. “I’m not a kid.”

Ji Sung stopped himself from saying anything else and opened the backdoors of the van, hopping out before he closed them. “Mark, you left the backdoors open right?” He asked as he began to walk over to the backside of the tall building.

“I’m not there yet,” Mark said. “I just barely opened the door on the roof. I’m heading down the stairs now, I’ll meet you there.”

Ji Sung groaned, continuing to head to the back only to wait for Mark to open the backdoors for him. They were falling behind schedule.

“When am I going in?” Chenle’s voice came through. “I finished my ramen.”

Ji Sung sighed.

 


 

Jae Min set his newspaper down, growing tired of just sitting around and waiting for the others to do their jobs before he could go in and do his. The plan originally was Jeno going in for an internship interview, but sneaking off to the security room that was right besides where the interviews were taking place, and turning off the power long enough for Ji Sung to get past the security and hack in. Meanwhile Mark was supposed to receive instructions from Ji Sung on where to go through to find the file room.

Chenle and Jae Min were supposed to be diversions for the security with their empathy and replication powers, but nothing was going according to plan. Mark took too long in breaking in through the roof and Jeno had gotten disconnected after he got to the tenth floor. And who even knew what Ji Sung was up to. He was probably stuffed inside some vent, typing away at his computer as he tried to reach Jeno.

It was seeming like Jae Min’s time to shine wouldn’t come today. So he decided to play around and communicate with the stray kitties he saw in the park.

“Where are you going, Jae Min?” Hae Chan’s voice came in through the earpiece, startling the boy who had forgotten all about it.

“I’m bored,” Jae Min said. “I’m going to play with the kitties.”

And so, Jae Min walked over to the other side of the park where three kittens were playing with each other, rolling around on the soft grass and letting out soft mewls. A smile spread across his face as he kneeled down to play with them, taking off his glasses so Hae Chan couldn’t judge him.

Jae Min had never said it out loud before, but he really struggled when he first discovered his powers. Empathy was something he always had even without powers, but the levels were so different and even then he had struggled with it. Being able to read others emotions and feel them was sometimes overwhelming. And when his powers came to him that one day, he couldn’t control them. Jeno had told him he couldn’t control his powers either when he first got them, and he knew for a fact that Hae Chan and Mark still struggled with theirs, so he assumed it was something normal. But it had still been such an overwhelming experience.

He still remembered how much he had struggled getting them under control. The first week had been awful. One day he was all normal, walking down the school hall with his earbuds in, listening to Red Velvet, and the next… It was awful. This sudden overwhelming sense of emotion hit him and everything after became a blur. The things he had felt in that moment were so vivid, so strong. He felt happiness, rage, loneliness, love, yearning, anxiety, sorrow, and every other type of emotion possible all at once. It had been such a painful experience he had fallen to the ground in the middle of the busy streets of Seoul, covering his ears while he groaned loudly in pain before clutching his chest and sobbing uncontrollably. After that he passed out and was taken to the hospital where he ended up feeling a lot of depression.

Jae Min stayed home in his blankets for a week after that, trying to recover from whatever it was that had hit him. But it was hard. He could feel everything around him. He could feel his parents worry, he could feel his neighbors yearning for a lover, the neighbors distress over the rents bills, and so on. Eventually he learned how to block it out for small amounts of time, and later on he learned how to block it out enough to where he could almost function normally in life and go back to school. And after a year he had it completely under control, though there were still times when he got too emotion driven and lost it.

But for now, he could handle it. He could even control it so well, he learned to have emotional connections with animals, far beyond that of any normal human being.

“Hello kitties,” Jae Min said as he began to play with the kittens, extending his finger out to their paws and sensing their pure and joyful nature. “You three are so cute.”

Jae Min smiled softly as he continued playing with the three kittens, feeling himself more and more energized with each passing second. But that feeling didn’t last long after.

As he stayed there longer, sitting on the soft grass in the middle of the park with the cats, he began to grow dizzy. It was slow and gradual, he almost didn’t feel it at first. Must not have drank enough water today, he had thought to himself at first, shrugging off the dizziness. But then it grew into a headache and it was no longer a slow and gradual feeling. In a matter of seconds he had begun to feel pain, as if he was beginning to lose control of his powers and something else was trying to take over.

“What-?” Jae Min tried to speak, glancing around the park to find the source of his sudden fatigued state. He thought he could see a dark figure, someone dressed in all black, sitting on one of the park benches directly across from him, but his vision began to blur.

As if losing complete control of his body, Jae Min stood up and began walking over to the figure, stumbling on his steps, losing his balance out of nowhere as his vision continued to go out of focus.

“Hey Jae Min-” He was sure he heard someone calling him from the earpiece, but he couldn’t concentrate. He couldn’t focus. He couldn’t think.

“I-” Jae Min tried to talk, but his mouth was dry, he had no control over it. He had no control over anything.

And before he was able to comprehend what he was doing, he had walked over to the person dressed in all black, a boy, looking not far from his age. He was pretty.

Jae Min groaned as the boy stopped what he was doing and looked up from his phone, feeling a sudden pain, very much similar to the one he had felt all those years back. His vision blurred once again as he began to fall down to his knees, and he was sure he could see worry on the pretty boy’s face. Or maybe just a frown.

“Hey-” They boy started, before he grunted, as if he could feel Jae Min’s pain.

I’m losing control, Jae Min thought as he completely fell to the hard ground, right before he began to cover his ears, releasing a series of pained groans.

“Jae Min!” He was sure he could hear Jeno’s voice calling to him from somewhere. Where? Right, the earpiece.

Jae Min let out another pained groan, feeling that overwhelming sense of emotions once again. He shut his eyes tight, rolling on the ground, onto his back. He opened his eyes, tears blurring his vision as his hearing began to go out. There was that guy staring down at him, a pained expression on his face. He was also on the ground. Why? Jae Min questioned.

But he was out of it. The last things he remembered before he passed out were seeing that guy, and then his friends running to him. Chenle, Hae Chan. Jeno... He could hear Jeno’s voice. Calling to him.

Jae Min!

--

 

We couldn't stay away from posting another chapter since we have a bunch already prepared in our drafts. ~J

 

 

F**k your chicken strips!

~Nae

 

She likes quoting vines.