Chapter 2 - All is good?

From red to black then baby blue

Chapter 2

 

“So Hee!”

 

She froze.

 

Is that…

 

Turning around she spotted Hyungsik running towards her. Swooning slightly as his hair fell perfectly over his forehead.

 

“Wait up! “

 

He grinned as he reached her side.

 

“Wanna grab a coffee together?”

 

So Hee nodded happily as she walked out of campus with him.

 

 

So hee had become friends with hyungsik after Jongin chatted with him enquiring about soccer tryouts. Jongin had forgotten his phone that day and So hee was more than willing to give him her number in Jongin’s stead.

 

They began hanging out in classes that they shared and texting. They slowly became friends and sometimes hung outside class together.

_______________________________________

 

Hyungsik placed a caramel macchiato in front of so Hee before taking a seat across her.

 

“What’s with the sudden invite anyway?”

 

So Hee asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

 

“I don’t have training today, it’s tryouts.”

 

So Hee nodded, before suddenly choking.

 

“Tryouts are today!?”

 

She asked, her voice raspy from choking.

 

Hyungsik nodded as he helped wipe her hands with napkins.

 

“Are you okay? “

 

He asked, worried.

 

“I’m ok. But I really need to go.”

 

She mumbled grabbing her bag and standing up.

 

“Sorry Hyungsik I’ll buy you coffee next time.”

 

She quickly bowed before running off.

 

Jongin is going to kill me.

 

——————————

 

“Please please please still be waiting for tryouts.”

 

She whispered before running into the field.

 

People were dispersed picking up Soccer balls and placing them in storage.

 

She was too late.

 

So Hee sighed. Why am I so stupid and forgetful? She had promised to watch Jongin during tryouts but it had completely slipped he mind.

 

Panicking, she searched the field for Jongin.

Suddenly she spotted him making his way to the boy’s locker rooms.

 

Running, so Hee quickly grabbed his wrist. “Jong in I’m so sorry I forgot. I know it’s not a good excuse, forgive me.”

 

She confessed as she panted.

 

Jongin scoffed before removing her hand from his wrist.

 

“I can’t believe you forgot.”

 

He mumbled before continuing towards the locker room.

 

“I’m really sorry, I ran all the way from the cafe when I realised.”

 

Jongin furrowed his brows.

 

“What were you doing there? “

 

“Hyungsik asked me out for coffee. I came back when I realised today was tryouts.”

 

So Hee replied desperate for him to forgive her. Jongin rolled his eyes and scoffed at her reason.

 

“Hyungsik, of course. No wonder you forgot.”

 

Jongin turned around and entered the locker room.

 

Determined, so Hee took a deep breath before following suit.

 

Ignoring all the half- boys screaming that a girl had infiltrated the boys changing room, so Hee marched up to Jongin.

 

“I’m not leaving until you forgive me.”

 

She stated staring him straight in the eye.

 

“Be prepared to stay her forever then.”

 

“I’ve already said I’m sorry, what else more do you want me to do !?”

 

So Hee asked in frustration.

 

“Leave.me.alone.”

He stated.

 

“Why are you acting like such a teenage girl!?”

 

So Hee shouted.

 

“You don’t get it do you? “

 

Jongin mumbled to himself.

 

“I know this was important to you but it’s already over I can’t do anything now.”

 

“Just go. “

 

He told her as he walked into the showers.

 

Sohee wanted to scream. She had sincerely apologised but the idiot was not listening.

 

She was angry.

 

“Fine I’ll be angry at you too.”

 

She screamed, storming out of the locker room. Rolling her eyes as girly screams once again resonated through the changing room.

 

—————————————-

 

When So Hee spotted Jongin walking towards her, she immediately flipped her hair and walked in the opposite direction.

 

This had been going on for two weeks.

 

Sehun had oh so kindly informed So Hee that Jongin had made the team and would be playing the first game next week. He had even invited so Hee to watch the game with him.

 

However, she had politely declined. Saying she much rather stay in the library, studying.

 

For the next few matches, so Hee remained in the library. The exact same book lay in her lap as she sat next to the large window overlooking the Soccer field.

 

Always looking out for number 88.

 

—————————————-

 

The school had made it to finals.

 

No surprise honestly.

 

The university had been the reigning champions for the last three years.

 

“I’m not going.”

 

She told Jinhee as she unlocked her locker.

 

“Come on Jongin will be playing. Don’t you want to watch him? It’s the finals! “

 

“Can’t you tell we’re not friends anymore? “

 

So Hee mumbled as she opened the locker door.

 

Suddenly out tumbled a pink envelope and shirt.

 

Curious, so Hee picked them up.

 

On the envelope was her name written in very familiar handwriting. The shirt had the number 88 printed on the back.

 

“No longer friends huh. Probably more than friends.”

 

Jinhee scoffed as she jokingly pinched so hee’s cheeks.

 

So Hee shook off her hands and stuffed the items into her bag.

 

“We’re going to be late for class. let’s go.”

 

She rolled her eyes scuttling to class.

 

Jinhee chuckled seeing the pink blush on her cheeks.

———————————-

 

So Hee,

 

Looks like the tables have turned and you’re mad at me. Well I’m sorry?

 

The finals are today and I was really hoping you’d come watch me. I’ll take it that I’m forgiven if you turn up in my extra shirt.

 

Don’t worry it’s clean.

 

Hope to see you there

 

Jongin

 

P.s I kinda miss you (in a friendly way)

 

So Hee grinned.

 

She knew what she was doing that afternoon instead of going to the library.

 

——————————

 

Jongin immediately scanned the bleachers as he entered the field.

 

He desperately hoped that out of the thousand over spectators so Hee would be seated in the bleachers.

 

When he spotted the girl waving from her seat near the front. His large shirt over her petite body as she grinned.

 

Jongin sighed in relief, she came.

 

 

When the winning goal was scored So hee screamed. Watching the game from the bleachers was so much better than the quiet library.

 

She watched the soccer boys celebrate throwing their captain into the air. She smiled as she watched Jongin grinning with his teammates.

 

Suddenly he caught her eyes, grinning even wider she smiled and waved before flashing him a thumbs up.

 

He quickly left the group walking towards the bleachers. As tempted as So Hee was to turn around and walk away the constant eye contact Jongin gave her was hypnotising. She couldn’t move as he stood in front of her.

 

“hey”

 

he mumbled giving her a sheepish smile.

 

So hee laughed at his attempt to strike conversation.

 

“Come here my friend I missed you.”

 

She chuckled opening her arms for a hug.

 

Grinning he wrapped his arms around her twirling her in circles.

 

“Wait you’re so gross and sweaty! Let go!”

 

She screamed realising her mistake.

 

“You offered a hug no taksies backsies.”

 

He could literally picture her eyes rolling in feign annoyance.

 

When he finally put her down she smiled pushing his hair out of his face gave his right cheek two soft pats as she grinned.

 

“You did a good job today.”

 

It was then Jong In knew they were going to be okay.